Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 27 cents a mile

Grumpy wrote:
Hello you all tendency in our country to believe in to parties what
ever
Crap they tell you to believe "Ladies and Gents that is our mistake"

Regardless of party affiliation we the people should for our self.

All members of Legislation are looking for them self, perhaps

Not for immediate benefit because that would be too visible to

Us and they supporters' so? We must examine facts down the line

5-10 years, where they investments is going or coming from and

You may find that all suddenly have thousands in stocks with

companies Unknown to you or me. Too many people in our country

are full's and blind don't be one! Make judgment on own your on

and not what party tell you be your own boss and not party pull you
by your nose!!!

You say what?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27
cents a
mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

Won't be doing much home repairing, if I have to go for parts.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Then there's the "True Cost of Driving Online Calculator"

http://commutesolutions.org/external/calc.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 22:48:53 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Oct 8, 5:53*pm, "
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 06:51:17 -0700 (PDT), Pavel314 wrote:
On Monday, October 8, 2012 9:19:17 AM UTC-4, harry wrote:
On Oct 8, 4:24*am, "Stormin Mormon" wrote: As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing prices. 9mpg???!! Get a properly designed truck instead of American ****, Or even a diesel engined one. That's the sort of mileage you get from a truck that carries 16 tons in Europe.

I have a 2008 F-150 with a V-6 and automatic trans that gets around 14, but I rarely carry heavy loads.

My 2001 Ranger with a V-6 (4l) and automatic w/4WD gets around 15 on a good
day, in the summer (maybe 12 in a Vermont Winter - another reason to leave
NE). It's an exceedingly rare even that I carry a heavy load far enough to get
a handle on the gas mileage. *I've pulled a U-Haul several times but that's
not really the same thing.

Sounds more like a good reason to get rid of your Ranger.

I really didn't expect you to have any more economic sense than that.

Only Nancy boys drive automatics.

Or those with a knee problems.

There are European cars do 70 mpg

Irrelevant. I wouldn't drive any of your ****boxes.

Limos do 40mpg these days.

Irrelevant.

You're living in the past in America.

You're an idiot and *everyone* here knows it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 06:03:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 23:29:54 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

There are plenty of American vehicles that get better mpg than that. *Even a
Ford Aerostar gets at least 18mph highway, and usually more. *And those
minivans are built to LAST.

I never hard of it but looked it up.
I see the diesel engined model was cancelled as was manual
transmission II wonder why?
But interesting gas guzzling options retained. Four litre petrol
engines, all wheel drive.
Mind boggling on a working vehicle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Aerostar

Many auto makers are dropping manual transmissions. Automatics today
are just as efficient and there is little demand for stick shift. Last
manual I owned was over 35 years ago.

I had manual minivans, an '85 and a '90. I've had autos since, mostly because
of my knee (and wife).

Many cars today have an "Eco" mode that programs the tranny for lower
shift points and better MPG. Given the race to meet the required
CAFE, they'd offer stick to get the mileage down if they could.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 23:16:47 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Oct 9, 4:27*am, "David Kaye" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote

Isn't it deductible as a business expense? *If so the allowance is
somewhere up around the mid 40s.

Of course it is. *If he's worried about the cost of gasoline he's not
charging enough for his service. *I don't think it's feasible to be a
handyman and not charge less than $50 an hour to provide the service. *But
so many people try to "out-McDonald's" the competition by charging lower and
lower rates. *All you get from that kind of charging is obnoxious,
ungrateful customers who aren't worth dealing with.

I thought that was what capitalism was about? Dog eat dog?
The way for ward is to be more efficient.

Economically illiterate lefties believe that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

There are plenty of American vehicles that get better mpg than that. *Even a
Ford Aerostar gets at least 18mph highway, and usually more. *And those
minivans are built to LAST.
I never hard of it but *looked it up.
I see the diesel engined model was cancelled as was manual
transmission *II wonder why?
But interesting gas guzzling options retained. Four litre petrol
engines, all wheel drive.
Mind boggling on a working vehicle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Aerostar

Many auto makers are dropping manual transmissions. *Automatics today
are just as efficient and there is little demand for stick shift. Last
manual I owned was over 35 years ago.

I still want a manual tranny. I want to be the one who decides when to
shift gears, besides, I don't want my left leg to become atrophied from
lack of use. :-)

You could try a bit of walking, or maybe a peddle bike. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 10, 12:05*am, "
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 22:48:53 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Oct 8, 5:53*pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Then be prepared to walk redneck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

I still want a manual tranny. I want to be the one who decides when to
shift gears, besides, I don't want my left leg to become atrophied from
lack of use. :-)

You could try a bit of walking, or maybe a peddle bike. :-)

What's a "peddle bike" ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's eeko friendly, and predates the otto car.

Doesn't cost 27 cents a mile, either.

(One of my favorites, was the product that "needs no electricity; runs on
batteries".)

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Atila Iskander" wrote in message

"harry" wrote in message
You could try a bit of walking, or maybe a peddle bike. :-)

What's a "peddle bike" ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 00:30:48 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Oct 10, 12:05*am, "
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 22:48:53 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Oct 8, 5:53*pm, "
wrote:
[...]

harry, you're even dumber than the ordinary leftist. Amazing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 00:03:23 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

and romney made his bucks exporting jobs overseas, is that the kinda
president we need??

Yep, for lots of reasons. Specifically here, he never exported any job
overseas. This is a flagrant lie and shame on you for repeating it.

Is that so?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...ptV_story.html

Head up your arse as usual.

If you actually read the article, Romney did not send the jobs
overseas. He invested in companies that did though and there is a
difference.

We complain about losing jobs to other counties, yet we demand cheaper
and cheaper products. Pogo had it right, "we have met the enemy and
it is us."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

and romney made his bucks exporting jobs overseas, is that the kinda
president we need??

Yep, for lots of reasons. Specifically here, he never exported any job
overseas. This is a flagrant lie and shame on you for repeating it.

Is that so?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...ital-invested-
in-companies-that-moved-jobs-overseas/2012/06/21/gJQAsD9ptV_story.html

Head up your arse as usual.

If you actually read the article, Romney did not send the jobs
overseas. He invested in companies that did though and there is a
difference.

We complain about losing jobs to other counties, yet we demand cheaper
and cheaper products. Pogo had it right, "we have met the enemy and
it is us."

The other interesting thing is that we have increased manufacturing
output over the last 20 years, even when we include inflation. At the
same time we have been averaging over 2% per year in productivity
gains, much more than any other sector. I have long suggested that we
have lost far more jobs to robots than to the Chinese. And many of these
(among the biggest users of robots is the auto industry) are high paying
jobs.
So again, we look for scapegoats instead of reasons.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

and romney made his bucks exporting jobs overseas, is that the kinda
president we need??

Yep, for lots of reasons. Specifically here, he never exported any job
overseas. This is a flagrant lie and shame on you for repeating it.

Is that so?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...ptV_story.html

Head up your arse as usual.

If you actually read the article, Romney did not send the jobs
overseas. He invested in companies that did though and there is a
difference.

We complain about losing jobs to other counties, yet we demand cheaper
and cheaper products. Pogo had it right, "we have met the enemy and
it is us."

Are we surprised that harry can NOT distinguish between 2 very disparate
things ?
Even the URL proves him wrong

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2012 6:38 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Just you wait 'till the robots form a union, things will really change
then. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

They will get out the vote, with people calls?

"This is an important message from robot
union 142, reminding you to....."

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Just you wait 'till the robots form a union, things will really change
then. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

and romney made his bucks exporting jobs overseas, is that the kinda
president we need??

Yep, for lots of reasons. Specifically here, he never exported any job
overseas. This is a flagrant lie and shame on you for repeating it.

Is that so?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...ptV_story.html

Head up your arse as usual.

If you actually read the article, Romney did not send the jobs
overseas. He invested in companies that did though and there is a
difference.

We complain about losing jobs to other counties, yet we demand cheaper
and cheaper products. Pogo had it right, "we have met the enemy and
it is us."

And government tax and regulations force the issue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...bain-capital-i...

Head up your arse as usual.

If you actually read the article, Romney did not send the jobs
overseas. *He invested in companies that did though and there is a
difference.

We complain about losing jobs to other counties, yet we demand cheaper
and cheaper products. * Pogo had it right, *"we have met the enemy and
it is us."

Quote from the article.:-

During the nearly 15 years that Romney was actively involved in
running Bain, a private equity firm that he founded, it owned
companies that were pioneers in the practice of shipping work from the
United States to overseas call centers and factories making computer
components, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange
Commission.

There yah go. A true patriot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Isn't that the AFSCME ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Go ahead and list those companies and EXACTLY how they did that..
Smart people rely on more than hearsay
They want proof
Guess where that puts you on the "smart" scale.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in :

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 22:19:05 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Then there's the "True Cost of Driving Online Calculator"

http://commutesolutions.org/external/calc.html

There doesn't seem to actually be much that is "true" there.

It's the Internet...

:-)