Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 27 cents a mile

Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a
mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

Won't be doing much home repairing, if I have to go for parts.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:59:30 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a

mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

Won't be doing much home repairing, if I have to go for parts.

Christopher A. Young

I'd rather pay the 27 cents as opposed to carrying all my tools and supplies for a mile on foot.
Learn more about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

Posted to alt.home.repair

As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing
prices.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Pavel314" wrote in message
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:59:30 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a

I'd rather pay the 27 cents as opposed to carrying all my tools and supplies
for a mile on foot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 8, 4:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing
prices.

9mpg???!!
Get a properly designed truck instead of American ****,
Or even a diesel engined one.
That's the sort of mileage you get from a truck that carries 16 tons
in Europe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 8, 2012 9:19:17 AM UTC-4, harry wrote:
On Oct 8, 4:24*am, "Stormin Mormon" wrote: As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing prices. 9mpg???!! Get a properly designed truck instead of American ****, Or even a diesel engined one. That's the sort of mileage you get from a truck that carries 16 tons in Europe.

I have a 2008 F-150 with a V-6 and automatic trans that gets around 14, but I rarely carry heavy loads.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Oct 8, 4:24 am, "Stormin wrote:

As with every business, the only options include driving less, or
rasing prices.

9mpg???!! Get a properly designed truck instead of
American ****, Or even a diesel engined one. That's the sort of
mileage you get from a truck that carries 16 tons in Europe.

I have a 2008 F-150 with a V-6 and automatic trans that gets around
14, but I rarely carry heavy loads.

Harry as usual has no clew...

'98 Chebby 2500 4x4 8-ft 5.3L gets 15-18 on hard roads; the '99 1500 SB
2WD does better but it's just the 5.0L, too...

What goes for a PU over there generally is a toy over here...and, of
course, absolute mileage numbers any more are affected on the mpg basis
by the percentage of ethanol owing to the lower Btu content/unit volume.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Will you be voting against the $5.00 gasoline president we now have? The
one who used executive order to prevent drilling for oil?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Pavel314" wrote in message news:1180ab1e-7599-436b-be20-

I have a 2008 F-150 with a V-6 and automatic trans that gets around 14, but
I rarely carry heavy loads.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing
prices.

9mpg???!!

Who said 9 mph? The op said 18 mpg. I get between 17 and 19 mpg on my 97
Nissan 4x4 pickup with a 2.4 liter 4 cyl and 5 speed tranny. Most of my
driving is either going up a grade or back down.
In Delaware, I'd probably get 30 mpg. :-)

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing
prices.

9mpg???!!

Who said 9 mph? The op said 18 mpg.

Pat in message ID:
nnvilleaccesscompany

said he gets 9 mph

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 8, 2012 9:19:17 AM UTC-4, harry wrote:
9mpg???!!
Get a properly designed truck instead of American ****,
Or even a diesel engined one.
That's the sort of mileage you get from a truck that carries 16 tons
in Europe.

Yeah, but a gallon is also ~20% larger in the UK.

9MPG in London is 7.5MPG in New York.

This is all because some toolbag way back when bought 40 gallon wine casks instead of 50 gallon water barrels for the trip across the ocean to the new world. They forgot that they were wine casks, and divided by 50 when figuring out how big a gallon was.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote

9mpg???!!
Get a properly designed truck instead of American ****,
Or even a diesel engined one.

There are plenty of American vehicles that get better mpg than that. Even a
Ford Aerostar gets at least 18mph highway, and usually more. And those
minivans are built to LAST.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 9, 4:29*am, "David Kaye" wrote:
"harry" wrote

9mpg???!!
Get a properly designed truck instead of American ****,
Or even a diesel engined one.

There are plenty of American vehicles that get better mpg than that. *Even a
Ford Aerostar gets at least 18mph highway, and usually more. *And those
minivans are built to LAST.

I never hard of it but looked it up.
I see the diesel engined model was cancelled as was manual
transmission II wonder why?
But interesting gas guzzling options retained. Four litre petrol
engines, all wheel drive.
Mind boggling on a working vehicle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Aerostar
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 23:24:07 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing
prices.

Or eating the loss (lower profits).
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing
prices.

The 2012 tax deduction is $055.5, or keep your receipts. Charity deduction
is $0.14 per mile, medical & moving deductions are $0.23 per mile.

If you don't like to pay to drive, quit driving.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a
mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

Won't be doing much home repairing, if I have to go for parts.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

My truck gets 9 mpg.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's got to hurt.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Pat" wrote in message

My truck gets 9 mpg.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 7, 4:59*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
*Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a
mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

Won't be doing much home repairing, if I have to go for parts.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Isn't it deductible as a business expense? If so the allowance is
somewhere up around the mid 40s.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote

Isn't it deductible as a business expense? If so the allowance is
somewhere up around the mid 40s.

Of course it is. If he's worried about the cost of gasoline he's not
charging enough for his service. I don't think it's feasible to be a
handyman and not charge less than $50 an hour to provide the service. But
so many people try to "out-McDonald's" the competition by charging lower and
lower rates. All you get from that kind of charging is obnoxious,
ungrateful customers who aren't worth dealing with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 9, 4:27*am, "David Kaye" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote

Isn't it deductible as a business expense? *If so the allowance is
somewhere up around the mid 40s.

Of course it is. *If he's worried about the cost of gasoline he's not
charging enough for his service. *I don't think it's feasible to be a
handyman and not charge less than $50 an hour to provide the service. *But
so many people try to "out-McDonald's" the competition by charging lower and
lower rates. *All you get from that kind of charging is obnoxious,
ungrateful customers who aren't worth dealing with.

I thought that was what capitalism was about? Dog eat dog?
The way for ward is to be more efficient.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 23:16:47 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Oct 9, 4:27*am, "David Kaye" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote

Isn't it deductible as a business expense? *If so the allowance is
somewhere up around the mid 40s.

Of course it is. *If he's worried about the cost of gasoline he's not
charging enough for his service. *I don't think it's feasible to be a
handyman and not charge less than $50 an hour to provide the service. *But
so many people try to "out-McDonald's" the competition by charging lower and
lower rates. *All you get from that kind of charging is obnoxious,
ungrateful customers who aren't worth dealing with.

I thought that was what capitalism was about? Dog eat dog?
The way for ward is to be more efficient.

Economically illiterate lefties believe that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a
mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

Won't be doing much home repairing, if I have to go for parts.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Don't you have a bicycle to get the parts??? ww

Posted to alt.home.repair

Now, that's an idea. I wonder if I can get a Chinese coolie, with a bicycle
cart? I'll check the Harbor Freight web site.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"WW" wrote in message
. ..

Don't you have a bicycle to get the parts??? ww

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27
cents a
mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

Won't be doing much home repairing, if I have to go for parts.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Then there's the "True Cost of Driving Online Calculator"

http://commutesolutions.org/external/calc.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in :

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 22:19:05 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Then there's the "True Cost of Driving Online Calculator"

http://commutesolutions.org/external/calc.html

There doesn't seem to actually be much that is "true" there.

It's the Internet...

:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

4.03, actually.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 19:58:19 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a
mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

$4.859 a gallon?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 23:24:46 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

4.03, actually.

$.27 X 18 = $4.86. $4.03 = $.23/mile.

Move. I paid $3.399 Saturday, though it's somewhat more expensive here.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

.. .
wrote:

Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a
mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

$4.859 a gallon?

My thoughts exactly. ($#$%'^ top poster)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 7, 11:24*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
4.03, actually.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

wrote:
Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a
mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

$4.859 a gallon?

How do you get 27 cents a mile at $4.03 per gallon?

4.03 / 18 = .22388
Posted to alt.home.repair

I took the price I paid, divided by the trip odometer. $30.85 / 114 = .2706

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..