Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trailer value

I have a 16' x 7' flatbed trailer, steel frame, wood planking. It has
tandem axles, electric brakes, and is a factory made trailer. 15" wheels, 6
lug. The ramps slide under the back from the sides. It has a spare. It
has a battery box with battery for the electric brakes, I assume.

What price range would a trailer like that sell for? It is not cosmetically
perfect, it is a '99. It is solid, though, and everything works. I'm just
trying to set a value on it in my quest for a larger trailer for my backhoe.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
I have a 16' x 7' flatbed trailer, steel frame, wood planking. It has
tandem axles, electric brakes, and is a factory made trailer. 15" wheels,
6 lug. The ramps slide under the back from the sides. It has a spare.
It has a battery box with battery for the electric brakes, I assume.

What price range would a trailer like that sell for? It is not
cosmetically
perfect, it is a '99. It is solid, though, and everything works. I'm
just
trying to set a value on it in my quest for a larger trailer for my
backhoe.

Steve

I bought one a few years ago just like you are describing that had a winch
and needed the floor replaced for $1100..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 1, 12:29*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I have a 16' x 7' flatbed trailer, steel frame, wood planking. *It has
tandem axles, electric brakes, and is a factory made trailer. *15" wheels, 6
lug. *The ramps slide under the back from the sides. *It has a spare. *It
has a battery box with battery for the electric brakes, I assume.

What price range would a trailer like that sell for? *It is not cosmetically
perfect, it is a '99. *It is solid, though, and everything works. *I'm just
trying to set a value on it in my quest for a larger trailer for my backhoe.

Steve

Just like everything else, wouldn't the location, location, location
of the item impact it's value?

I'd take it over to my local "trailer store" and ask them to give me
both a trade-in value and and private sale value.

Obviously the condition is going to weigh into the value big time,
especially if it needs to be inspected (brakes, lights, tires) and
will or will not pass as is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
I have a 16' x 7' flatbed trailer, steel frame, wood planking. It has
tandem axles, electric brakes, and is a factory made trailer. 15" wheels,
6 lug. The ramps slide under the back from the sides. It has a spare.
It has a battery box with battery for the electric brakes, I assume.

What price range would a trailer like that sell for? It is not
cosmetically
perfect, it is a '99. It is solid, though, and everything works. I'm
just
trying to set a value on it in my quest for a larger trailer for my
backhoe.

Look on/search CL http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites forsale

Different cities will have them in different classes.

Depending on condition I've seen simlar go between $500 and $1500.

Posted to alt.home.repair

check harbor freight they sell trailers cheap and will limit somewhat
yours top price

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:29:32 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I have a 16' x 7' flatbed trailer, steel frame, wood planking. It has
tandem axles, electric brakes, and is a factory made trailer. 15" wheels, 6
lug. The ramps slide under the back from the sides. It has a spare. It
has a battery box with battery for the electric brakes, I assume.

What price range would a trailer like that sell for? It is not cosmetically
perfect, it is a '99. It is solid, though, and everything works. I'm just
trying to set a value on it in my quest for a larger trailer for my backhoe.

Steve

Like most things, you can sell it for what a buyer is willing to pay.

Curious if the battery box is intended for use with 12VDC winch?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:29:32 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I have a 16' x 7' flatbed trailer, steel frame, wood planking. It has
tandem axles, electric brakes, and is a factory made trailer. 15" wheels,
6
lug. The ramps slide under the back from the sides. It has a spare. It
has a battery box with battery for the electric brakes, I assume.

What price range would a trailer like that sell for? It is not
cosmetically
perfect, it is a '99. It is solid, though, and everything works. I'm
just
trying to set a value on it in my quest for a larger trailer for my
backhoe.

Steve

Like most things, you can sell it for what a buyer is willing to pay.

Curious if the battery box is intended for use with 12VDC winch?

No, the battery is slightly smaller than an ATV battery. My friend is a
retired trucker, and he should know.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

Curious if the battery box is intended for use with 12VDC winch?

It's likely a breakaway brake. A requirement in many states now.

http://www.etrailer.com/faq-trailer-...tallation.aspx

Posted to alt.home.repair

"83LowRider" wrote in message
Oren wrote:

Curious if the battery box is intended for use with 12VDC winch?

It's likely a breakaway brake. A requirement in many states now.

http://www.etrailer.com/faq-trailer-...tallation.aspx

My ex trucker buddy verified that. Also told me that now I have to get an
electric brake controller for my truck.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

Curious if the battery box is intended for use with 12VDC winch?

It's likely a breakaway brake. A requirement in many states now.

http://www.etrailer.com/faq-trailer-...tallation.aspx

My ex trucker buddy verified that. Also told me that now I have to get an
electric brake controller for my truck.

Steve

Your 16' trailer if for sale here would be $1,000 give or take with a
usable deck in driving condition. Paint, fresh tires, good deck,
bulldog hitch, tongue jack, and weight, spacing, and size of steel
undercarriage all can raise the price.

I don't know what size backhoe you are thinking about, but none that I
know will work with a 16' trailer. A full size hoe is crowding 27' and
15,000#. You better check the weight rating of the axles, they sound
like 5,000# axles. Many trailers only have brakes on one axle and it
would be worth pulling a wheel to see the pads.

Back hoe trailers are usually 3 axle or 2 axle with duals. Better check
the GVW of your truck, I suspect your way past a 1 ton.

--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
remove the seven

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 13:53:48 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:29:32 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I have a 16' x 7' flatbed trailer, steel frame, wood planking. It has
tandem axles, electric brakes, and is a factory made trailer. 15" wheels, 6
lug. The ramps slide under the back from the sides. It has a spare. It
has a battery box with battery for the electric brakes, I assume.

What price range would a trailer like that sell for? It is not cosmetically
perfect, it is a '99. It is solid, though, and everything works. I'm just
trying to set a value on it in my quest for a larger trailer for my backhoe.

Steve

Like most things, you can sell it for what a buyer is willing to pay.

Curious if the battery box is intended for use with 12VDC winch?

Most likely a safety disconnect brake actuator.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

Curious if the battery box is intended for use with 12VDC winch?

Most likely a safety disconnect brake actuator.

It is a tiny battery intended to apply brakes in case trlr decides to follow
Gunner's spare tire mount.

Steve