Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help with replacement swamp cooler pump

Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50)pump is taking long and longer
to start every morning. It is an Essick Air Product Model
CB-6600 rated at 8L/min.

Now 8 L/min makes sense. If I were to hook it up to a bucket, it
would pump about 8 liters in one minute.

So, I did an on line conversion for Cubic Foot per Minute (CFM).
I got 0.28 CFM. Makes sense.

So I go to http://www.coolercenter.com/pumps.html and look
for a pump. I find things rated for 7500 CFM. Really?
You would pump an entire swimming pool in one minute?
Makes no sense at all.

What am I missing and which pump should I be getting?

Many thanks,
-T

p.s. tried calling and eMail the Cooler Center. No response.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Todd wrote:
Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50)pump is taking long and longer
to start every morning. It is an Essick Air Product Model
CB-6600 rated at 8L/min.

Now 8 L/min makes sense. If I were to hook it up to a bucket, it
would pump about 8 liters in one minute.

So, I did an on line conversion for Cubic Foot per Minute (CFM).
I got 0.28 CFM. Makes sense.

So I go to http://www.coolercenter.com/pumps.html and look
for a pump. I find things rated for 7500 CFM. Really?
You would pump an entire swimming pool in one minute?
Makes no sense at all.

What am I missing and which pump should I be getting?

Those cfm values appear to be the cfm of air the cooler moves, not the pump cfm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/26/2012 09:50 AM, Bob F wrote:
Todd wrote:
Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50)pump is taking long and longer
to start every morning. It is an Essick Air Product Model
CB-6600 rated at 8L/min.

Now 8 L/min makes sense. If I were to hook it up to a bucket, it
would pump about 8 liters in one minute.

So, I did an on line conversion for Cubic Foot per Minute (CFM).
I got 0.28 CFM. Makes sense.

So I go to http://www.coolercenter.com/pumps.html and look
for a pump. I find things rated for 7500 CFM. Really?
You would pump an entire swimming pool in one minute?
Makes no sense at all.

What am I missing and which pump should I be getting?

Those cfm values appear to be the cfm of air the cooler moves, not the pump cfm.

Hi Bob,

Now things are making more sense. The RWC50 is a 5000 CFM
blower:

http://www.essickair.com/products/co...dential/rwc50/

Thank you!

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:46:01 PM UTC-4, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50)pump is taking long and longer
to start every morning. It is an Essick Air Product Model
CB-6600 rated at 8L/min.

Now 8 L/min makes sense. If I were to hook it up to a bucket, it
would pump about 8 liters in one minute.

So, I did an on line conversion for Cubic Foot per Minute (CFM).
I got 0.28 CFM. Makes sense.

So I go to http://www.coolercenter.com/pumps.html and look
for a pump. I find things rated for 7500 CFM. Really?
You would pump an entire swimming pool in one minute?
Makes no sense at all.

What am I missing and which pump should I be getting?

Many thanks,
-T

p.s. tried calling and eMail the Cooler Center. No response.

When you say "longer and longer" to start do you mean the pump is getting power and does not start pumping for a while? Or is it possible that it's not getting power when you think it is?

Most water pumps are rated in liters per minute or gallons per minute. Not cubic feet per minute.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Todd wrote:

for a pump. I find things rated for 7500 CFM. Really?
You would pump an entire swimming pool in one minute?
Makes no sense at all.

What am I missing and which pump should I be getting?

That number refers to airflow through the cooler, not the water pump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

alt.recovery.from-12-stepsOn Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:46:01 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50)pump is taking long and longer
to start every morning. It is an Essick Air Product Model
CB-6600 rated at 8L/min.

Now 8 L/min makes sense. If I were to hook it up to a bucket, it
would pump about 8 liters in one minute.

So, I did an on line conversion for Cubic Foot per Minute (CFM).
I got 0.28 CFM. Makes sense.

So I go to http://www.coolercenter.com/pumps.html and look
for a pump. I find things rated for 7500 CFM. Really?
You would pump an entire swimming pool in one minute?
Makes no sense at all.

What am I missing and which pump should I be getting?

Many thanks,
-T

p.s. tried calling and eMail the Cooler Center. No response.

What the hell is a swamp cooler?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:13:43 -0500, wrote:

[...]

It's also known as an "Evaporative Cooler". Basically, it's a humungo
low-speed fan that blows air through a wet pad. Evaporation removes heat from
the air, trading temperature for humidity. If the relative humidity is very
low, it works quite well. If the RH is even approaching 50%, forget it. They
work great in the desert, not so much in the SE.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I never smelled bad odors from them in the desert. They actually made the
air interesting. After a rain, the desert comes alive with smell. A little
sweetness to it.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:13:43 -0500, wrote:

What the hell is a swamp cooler?

Liz & Christi on Swamp People
Posted to alt.home.repair

DAGS. It's a way of cooling a building, in hot, dry climates.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

What the hell is a swamp cooler?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mormons don't drink swamp coolers. They have alcohol.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:13:43 -0500, wrote:

What the hell is a swamp cooler?

Liz & Christi on Swamp People

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/26/2012 05:08 PM, gregz wrote:
It's also known as an "Evaporative Cooler". Basically, it's a humungo
low-speed fan that blows air through a wet pad. Evaporation removes heat from
the air, trading temperature for humidity. If the relative humidity is very
low, it works quite well. If the RH is even approaching 50%, forget it. They
work great in the desert, not so much in the SE.

I never smelled bad odors from them in the desert. They actually made the
air interesting. After a rain, the desert comes alive with smell. A little
sweetness to it.

And the air that comes out is gentle, rather than the harsh
stuff from an air conditioner. But, we also have a small
air conditioner for fire season when you have to go on
internal air.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/26/2012 07:28 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Mormons don't drink swamp coolers. They have alcohol.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

Hi Stormin,

Grew up in a California town full of Mormons. My
father was one. (I chose the Christian path.) I hated
being around them because of the drinking and the
getting arrested and so on and so forth. They said
they did not drink -- it was not the case. My father
acted like an idiot when he drank.

In my childhood town, if my swamp cooler had alcohol
in it, it would have been like livestock at the trough.

The Mormons I have known are the worse alcohol
abusers I have ever had the sight to behold. That
being said, we all have our spiritual struggles.
Hopefully alcohol us not one of yours. I certainly
have a ton of my own (alcohol is fortunately not one
of them).

The Utah side of my father's family did endeavor to
follow your church's teaching. They were/are very gentle
special people. And, no alcohol abuse that I
could/can tell. They set an excellent example.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you get any group large enough, you can find this or that, in the
population. I'm sad to hear that they aren't getting the blessings of the
gospel.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Todd" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/27/2012 11:00 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
If you get any group large enough, you can find this or that, in the
population. I'm sad to hear that they aren't getting the blessings of the
gospel.

This is true. It was the absolute hypocrisy that drove me nuts.
I hated being around them. Then, again, Mormons are a shining
example in a lot of areas. Show us Christians up all the time
in Charity, Evangelism, Family Values.

Speaking of hypocrisy, I am looking forward to a non-Christian
president that follows the commandments over a professed
Christian that spits on them.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default occ web page

Since we're not on swamp coolers, I'll do a subject line change.

Web page needs some editing.
http://oca.org/questions/nonchristia...vahs-witnesses
Jehovah's Witnesses
Question
How do we answer a Jehovah's Witness who feels he is absolutely correct in
all he believes?

Answer
How do we answer a Jehovah's Witness who feels he is absolutely correct in
all he believes?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Todd" wrote in message
I chose the Christian path over the Mormon path. If you
really do believe you are a Christian, check us out. Here is
a web site for the original, ancient church that Jesus himself
founded, which is still in existence and thriving:

http://oca.org/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OCC is non biblical

http://oca.org/questions/sevensacram...ven-sacraments

"While Scripture does not categorize these as "sacraments," "

Someday, I hope you get a witness of the Spirit that the LDS
church is both biblical, and also has the authority from God.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Todd" wrote in message

I chose the Christian path over the Mormon path. If you
really do believe you are a Christian, check us out. Here is
a web site for the original, ancient church that Jesus himself
founded, which is still in existence and thriving:

http://oca.org/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/27/2012 01:27 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://oca.org/questions/sevensacram...ven-sacraments

"While Scripture does not categorize these as "sacraments,""

Someday, I hope you get a witness of the Spirit that the LDS
church is both biblical, and also has the authority from God.

I was immersed in it as a kid. You know those guys with the
skinny black ties and the bicycles. Plus our relatives.
They did a good job of it. I was "witnessed" to (over and
over and over and over). I still chose monotheism (Christianity)
over polytheism (Mormonism).

Don't let it break your heart. You are trying to share
something that matters to you with the rest of us. I wish
there were more people like that in this world.

By the way, the number of sacraments ebbs and flows with
history. "coronation" would make that eight sacraments.

And, I might add, the ancient (Orthodox) church wrote
the bible. Everyone who uses it accepts our authority
over it. Well, mostly. We put in the Bible what we though
should go in the Bible.

And if you really, really, really think you are a
monotheist Christian, be one. You would be a great
pickup.

With that, I will drop the subject and let you
have the last word, if you like.

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

I see we disagree. I also see that you're every bit as sincere as anyone
I've met on the internet. There's an old line from Star Trek "May your way
be as peaceful".

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Todd" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to fred.flintstone, Bruce Deville wrote:
A swamp cooler is popular in low humidity areas of the country. They will
lower the temperature 8 to 12 degrees if the relative humidity is lower than
35%. Very low energy cost. Uses evaporative effect for cooling.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...mp-706602-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 10:44:06 PM UTC-5, Bruce Deville wrote:
replying to fred.flintstone, Bruce Deville wrote:
A swamp cooler is popular in low humidity areas of the country. They will
lower the temperature 8 to 12 degrees if the relative humidity is lower than
35%. Very low energy cost. Uses evaporative effect for cooling.
--

You're too late. 5 years ago Fred Flintstone's pet dinosaur turned on him and ate him. It was a tragic loss for his friends and family. Barney Rubble is inconsolable after the loss of his best friend. Sad, very sad. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Revelation 22:19

New International Version
And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

Translate that

Swamp cooler questions Steve B[_13_] Home Repair 8 July 12th 12 04:48 PM
Swamp cooler purge pump Scott[_2_] Home Repair 1 July 22nd 07 05:22 AM
Should I consider a swamp cooler? [email protected] Home Repair 17 June 18th 05 11:06 AM
swamp cooler question JK Home Repair 14 June 7th 05 09:47 PM
replacement bottom swamp cooler pans Anthony Ewell Home Repair 5 May 24th 05 09:11 PM