Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] JamesGangNC@gmail.com is offline

Default Need help with replacement swamp cooler pump

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:46:01 PM UTC-4, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50)pump is taking long and longer
to start every morning. It is an Essick Air Product Model
CB-6600 rated at 8L/min.

Now 8 L/min makes sense. If I were to hook it up to a bucket, it
would pump about 8 liters in one minute.

So, I did an on line conversion for Cubic Foot per Minute (CFM).
I got 0.28 CFM. Makes sense.

So I go to http://www.coolercenter.com/pumps.html and look
for a pump. I find things rated for 7500 CFM. Really?
You would pump an entire swimming pool in one minute?
Makes no sense at all.

What am I missing and which pump should I be getting?

Many thanks,
-T

p.s. tried calling and eMail the Cooler Center. No response.

When you say "longer and longer" to start do you mean the pump is getting power and does not start pumping for a while? Or is it possible that it's not getting power when you think it is?

Most water pumps are rated in liters per minute or gallons per minute. Not cubic feet per minute.