Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

Default Travel query

So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

Tater Cole wrote:
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

Just don't go hiking on the Iranian border withour your compasses.......:^)
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

Tater Cole wrote:
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

Cats
Check with the nearest consulate office of the countries you will be
visiting. Some countries may prohibit importing animals, almost all will
require a document from your vet as to the general health and innoculations
of your pets.

When you get on the plane, tell the flight attendant to be sure and tell the
pilot you are traveling with an animal in the cargo bay. When suitably
informed, the pilot will flip the "dead dog switch" which will keep the
cargo hold heated. Without that switch, you will end up with a frozen kitty.

On the other hand, cats don't travel well. They don't like it. They really
don't like it. They will be traumatized for a month.

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

"Tater Cole" wrote in message
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

I take it you are traveling from across the pond since you posted in travel
Europe. IF so the answer is yes but under restrictions Hawaii has a new 5
day period of quarantine but can go upto 120 days of that. I will give you
fair warning it will be a hassle and expensive on your part plus you take
the risk of your pets being exposed to other animals in the area of holding.
US customs are not a pet hotel

http://www.petsonthego.com/impus.html
http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/pets.html
http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/UnitedStates.cfm
http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/ai/aqs/info

As for helicopter tours yes in advance is the best it can be cheaper

trust me Google senior things to do in Hawaii there is so much to list

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

"Tater Cole" wrote

So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour?

I'd google them first. One of the helicopter tour companies has a
horrible safety record (I forget which one).

What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

Sure. The easiest way is to put them in a large purse.

--Tedward

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

On Sep 30, 2:45*pm, Tater Cole wrote:
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

As a certified cat owner (Hah! Who owns whom??!!) I beg you not to
subject the "kids" to the discomforts and rigors of travel. Put them
in a cat boarding house, if you can't find a neighbor or friend to
come in & feed them. Are they indoor, outdoor, or both? That has a
huge bearing on their home care. If they are strictly indoor, you
need a reliable person to come in, or put them in a cat boarding
situation.

Trust me, you will have a much better time if you don't have to worry
about the cats plus all the bureaucratic stuff others have mentioned
foreign travel.

HB
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

"Tater Cole" wrote in message

So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

I'm in the same boat about what to do since I can't hike too far anymore
with a fake hip. So we bought a bright red Goldwing and have been traveling
around the country. We stay at biker places, usually low rent, and great
greasy food, and cheap beer. I'm thinking about getting a tattoo now, was
thinking of something cool, like a marijuana leaf or a coke spoon.

Whatcha think? It's a hell of lot more fun than Hawaii.

---Scott From Hawkins Texas---

If Government Is Big Enough To Give You Everything You Want,
Then It Is Big Enough To Take Everything You Have!!

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.europe

On 9/30/2011 4:45 PM, Tater Cole wrote:
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

Vote:

Troll vs Stupid?
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 14:45:55 -0700 (PDT), Tater Cole
wrote:

So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

You get a lei at the airport.

You would fly into Honolulu and then on into Maui (short hop).

You mean "Luau". Yes go and enjoy the food and entertainment. They
start at sun down.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiScHjLQ9nE

Find an open bus tour around the island. They stop in interesting
places: pineapple farms, beaches and other places related to the
culture. Each island is different.

They will quarantine the cat. Be sure not to take any seeds, plants,
fruits or other potentially dangerous things on the islands. Hawaii is
very strict on introduction of such items.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:30:42 -0700, Higgs Boson wrote:
cat boarding

like snow boarding, but on cats.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.europe

On 30/09/11 23:43, Jim T wrote:
On 9/30/2011 4:45 PM, Tater Cole wrote:
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

Vote:

Troll vs Stupid?

The 'cats' remark says it's a troll.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

Tater Cole wrote:
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

You could take cats to a luau, but it's more common to take pigs.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia. http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

wrote:

So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

My wife and I have travelled to Maui about ten times in the
last six years. Please e-mail me if you're interested in
serious advice. BTW, depending on your departure location,
there may well be direct flights to Maui.

Kaanapali and Wailea are places to avoid unless you meet one
of the following requirements:

1. a serious golf addiction
2. love of really nice, well-designed swimming pools (the
Westin can't be beat)
3. Your wife is 20 years younger than you and has had
significant surgical enhancements.
4. Your idea of a vacation is to hang out with the high
spenders in really luxurious surroundings.

The one exception is the Best Western Pioneer Inn in Lahaina
(http://www.pioneerinnmaui.com/). Best breakfast in town
and an incredibly low price. No guarantee about the quality
of the lodgings, however. We've never stayed there. - Tony
Tony
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 14:45:55 -0700 (PDT), Tater Cole
wrote:

Can we take our cats?

For decades Hawaii has had some of the most stringent animal
quarantine laws in the world. They're trying to keep rabies
out of the islands. My advice is to check with the Hawaii
Tour and Convention Bureau and follow their advice
carefully.

Short answer: almost certainly not unless you want them to
be kept in jail at the airport with limited visiting
privileges for you. - Tony

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

Tater Cole filted:

So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

Only if they are under three fluid ounces and fit into a zip-lock plastic
bag....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

On Sep 30, 4:28*pm, Antonio Veranos wrote:
[Higgs Boson, ]
[Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:30:42 -0700 (PDT)]

: As a certified cat owner (Hah! *Who owns whom??!!) *I beg you not to
: subject the "kids" to the discomforts and rigors of travel. *Put them

The poster to whom you're responding is one of those disgusting pit bull
owners who has bragged in the past about one of his animals successfully
chasing down and brutally killing a cat. *In other words, he's trolling..

--
Antonio Veranos

insert witty comment here

Ow! I had no clue. Me, the eternal innocent...

HB
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 17:52:16 -0700, Tony Lima
wrote:

For decades Hawaii has had some of the most stringent animal
quarantine laws in the world. They're trying to keep rabies
out of the islands.

And frogs.

"The coqui frog, Eleutherodactylus coqui Thomas (Anura:
Leptodactylidae), was accidentally introduced into Hawai'i from Puerto
Rico in about 1988. Aside from being a major noise nuisance, the frogs
pose a threat to Hawai'i’s island ecosystem. Coqui frogs have a
voracious appetite that puts Hawai'i’s unique insects and spiders at
risk. They can also compete with endemic birds and other native fauna
that rely on insects for food."

http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/coqui/background.asp

When the locals can't sleep at night they go out with flashlights to
capture and kill them.

The Honolulu airport has a "last chance" contraband barrel. Walk past
it and risk going to jail, almost forever...
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

I'm with you, they should leave the cats home. But, please
help me figure this out. What country is Maui in? I thought
it's in the same country that gave us B. Hussein Obama?
Supposedly? You know. Barry Sotero.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Higgs Boson"
wrote in message

Trust me, you will have a much better time if you don't have
to worry
about the cats plus all the bureaucratic stuff others have
mentioned
foreign travel.

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.europe

I'd vote troll.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim T" wrote in message

distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU
OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something.
Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should
we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

Vote:

Troll vs Stupid?

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

Ah, but cats taste like chicken. And you won't get killed by
Muslims.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Peter Moylan" wrote in
message

advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should
we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

You could take cats to a luau, but it's more common to take
pigs.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

[Mercellus Bohren, ]
[Fri, 30 Sep 2011 17:21:19 -0700 (PDT)]

:
: The poster to whom you're responding is one of those disgusting pit bull
: owners who has bragged in the past about one of his animals successfully
: chasing down and brutally killing a cat. In other words, he's trolling.

: What part of FERAL do you not understand dip****?

I understand it just fine. Your dumbass dog didn't, nor did you when
you posted your Proud Papa story about your nasty creature killing one.

: If stupid cat owners would get their animals spayed and neutered
: and/or keep them in the house all the time, there wouldn't be 15 to 20
: FERAL cats in my neighborhood.

Suuuuure, there are. Even if there are, when one of these cats charges
down an adult human and kills them for no apparent reason, let me know.

: When a FERAL cat gets in the yard with a dog, bad things occasionally
: happen. At least I don't go around bragging that I would personally
: kill someone's animals, like you have in the past.

There wasn't any bragging involved. You can't be bothered to have even
the slightest sense of personal responsibility with regard to the
behavior of your dogs, therefore it's left to others to substitute their
maturity for yours (currently absent). At the time, I lived in an area
which had many small children and multiple pit bulls. Any pit bull
running loose through said neighborhood would die. Two did during my
time in that neighborhood, one shot by a neighbor, one by the Sheriff.

Do you not remember (or are you hoping that others forget) that when
discussing a pit bull attack on a dog in its own yard, you actually
tried to rationalize it away by asking what the targeted dog had done to
deserve being attacked, as if that was at all relevant? Such laughable,
childish, escapist nonsense. You are a complete nitwit with regard to
animals, and as I have written in the past, my only real hope for you is
that your stupidity harms no one else, as you can't be trusted to think.

: But, you are absolutely correct, I was trolling a little

Yes, I knew that. The cats group you were passively attacking didn't.

: however I am looking for good information about a future trip to Maui.

Take Buster and Furby with you so that you can pitch them into Haleakala
head-first, and the world will be less two pits. If you yourself go in
after them, then it will be less one fool.. but I wouldn't suggest that.

--
Antonio Veranos

insert witty comment here

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
On Sep 30, 4:28 pm, Antonio Veranos wrote:
[Higgs Boson, ]
[Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:30:42 -0700 (PDT)]

: As a certified cat owner (Hah! Who owns whom??!!) I beg you not to
: subject the "kids" to the discomforts and rigors of travel. Put them

The poster to whom you're responding is one of those disgusting pit bull
owners who has bragged in the past about one of his animals successfully
chasing down and brutally killing a cat. In other words, he's trolling.

--
Antonio Veranos

insert witty comment here

Ow! I had no clue. Me, the eternal innocent...

The other clue was in the completely inappropriate set of groups that he
spammed (except the cats one)

tim

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

Tater Cole wrote:
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

I lived in Hawaii for nearly 40 years. Hawaii consists of mountains,
valleys, beaches, ocean and some populated areas. All can be interesting.
On Maui, a few of the touristy things - in no particular order - are...

1. Hale'a'kala (old volcano). Drive or bike (down, not up for bike)

2. Io needle and valley (yawn)

3. Lahaina, town on the leeward coast. Old whaling town...used to be
interesting and quaint, now packed with tourists.

4. Whale watching off Lahaina (only in winter).

5. Luaus. Not authentic but still nice. Once.

6. Deep sea fishing

7. Swimming, snorkeling/aqua lung. Check beach info first, some are
dangerous.

8. Golf (surprise, surprise)

9. Submarine tour. Costs $99 but is well worth it IMO
http://www.allmauitours.com/Cruises-...i87Qo dbiPo9g

10. Hana Ranch. Small resort on windward side, not many tourists get there.
Used to be ne plus ultra - black tie required for dinner, no longer so, not
for decades. Offers horse back riding, barbecues, etc. Sight see the
nearby Seven Sacred Pools. It was listed for sale a few years ago, may have
been sold but imagine it still operates even if so. It is worthwhile going
for a night or two.
http://www.travaasa.com/hana/
http://www.starrynight.net/MauiHana.htm

I have made it from Hana to Lahaina in 2 hours, 10 minutes but that would
normally be a 3-4 hour drive. The road around the north and east is narrow
and winding, very pretty...lots of small waterfalls, tropical vegetation,
etc. Wife & I lived in Honolulu, used to go to Hana with some frequency to
unwind.

More touristy things...
http://adventuremaui.com/?gclid=CMzR...FY1S7AodiWeR2w
____________________

No reason not to make advance reservations for the helicopter but no reason
to do so either.
_____________________

Yes, you can take your cats as long as...

1. You and they meet the very stringent regs for the 5 day quarantine
program
http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/ai/aqs/faq5#q1

- OR -

2. You are willing to pay to quarantine them for 120 days.

I'd leave them at home in either case.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

9. Submarine tour. *Costs $99 but is well worth it IMOhttp://www.allmauitours.com/Cruises-Water-Tours/Submarine-Tours/sbc-2...

for a night or two.http://www.travaasa.com/hana/http://...t/MauiHana.htm

[...]

Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. (I was joking about the
cats.)

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

Tater Cole wrote:
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future.

When did Maui move to Europe?

We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

Unless you're planning a permanent move, why would you want to take your
cats? Although, given the nature of the beast, there are always
exceptions to any statement beginning "All cats .... ", most cats find
travel stressful. Why subject them to that when it's not necessary?
The best solution is to hire a cat-sitter to care for them at home
during your absence. Failing that a boarding kennel or your regular
veterinarian.
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

Yes. We can fill the bowls with kibbles, leave the fawcett dripping in the
bowl in the kitchen sink, and leave our kids for a week, and when we come
back home, they will all be sleeping in the exact same spots they were in
when we left. I wonder why people keep dogs?

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

Peter Moylan wrote:
Tater Cole wrote:
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking
across a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors.
This means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not
too distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW
and are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we
make advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we
see and do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

You could take cats to a luau, but it's more common to take pigs.

My wife: "I beg your pardon!"

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

wrote:

For decades Hawaii has had some of the most stringent animal
quarantine laws in the world. They're trying to keep rabies
out of the islands.

And frogs.

"The coqui frog, Eleutherodactylus coqui Thomas (Anura:
Leptodactylidae), was accidentally introduced into Hawai'i from Puerto
Rico in about 1988. Aside from being a major noise nuisance, the frogs
pose a threat to Hawai'i's island ecosystem. Coqui frogs have a
voracious appetite that puts Hawai'i's unique insects and spiders at
risk. They can also compete with endemic birds and other native fauna
that rely on insects for food."

http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/coqui/background.asp

When the locals can't sleep at night they go out with flashlights to
capture and kill them.

Are they good eating? Distribute a good French recipe for frog legs.......
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 16:19:51 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

I wonder why people keep dogs?

Easy. Dogs don't meow!
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

wrote:

For decades Hawaii has had some of the most stringent animal
quarantine laws in the world. They're trying to keep rabies
out of the islands.

And frogs.

"The coqui frog, Eleutherodactylus coqui Thomas (Anura:
Leptodactylidae), was accidentally introduced into Hawai'i from Puerto
Rico in about 1988. Aside from being a major noise nuisance, the frogs
pose a threat to Hawai'i's island ecosystem. Coqui frogs have a
voracious appetite that puts Hawai'i's unique insects and spiders at
risk. They can also compete with endemic birds and other native fauna
that rely on insects for food."

http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/coqui/background.asp

When the locals can't sleep at night they go out with flashlights to
capture and kill them.

Are they good eating? Distribute a good French recipe for frog legs.......

Can't speak to the cogi frog. I prefer bull frogs legs from the
Everglades (Florida), gigged at night. Be careful with them. The legs
will jump out of the hot frying pan grease when the fresh muscle
contracts.

http://kenpitts.net/hbio/2010/evolution/bullfrog.jpg

The legs are huge, like a chicken wing.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/amphibians/american-bullfrog.html

Ribit!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tater Cole" wrote in message
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking across
a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors. This
means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not too
distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW and
are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we make
advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we see and
do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

TROLL-O-METER RATING: 1.2 OUT OF 10

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

wrote:

I wonder why people keep dogs?

Easy. Dogs don't meow!

And they can be "trained" not to bark without a reason. (However, most
cats don't take too kindly to being "walked" on a leash, and they seem
to be confused about who "owns" whom - dogs may worship their humans,
cats tend to expect it to be the other way around.)

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

wrote:

I wonder why people keep dogs?

Easy. Dogs don't meow!

And they can be "trained" not to bark without a reason. (However, most
cats don't take too kindly to being "walked" on a leash, and they seem
to be confused about who "owns" whom - dogs may worship their humans,
cats tend to expect it to be the other way around.)

I have a "barkless dog". He can only yodel.

My cats have, those past came from prisons. Still have one cat left.
My hound dog is about broke trying the capture the kitty. One mean
prison cat...loves me though.
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe

"Tony Lima" wrote

wrote:

Can we take our cats?

For decades Hawaii has had some of the most stringent animal
quarantine laws in the world. They're trying to keep rabies
out of the islands. My advice is to check with the Hawaii
Tour and Convention Bureau and follow their advice
carefully.

Short answer: almost certainly not unless you want them to
be kept in jail at the airport with limited visiting
privileges for you. - Tony

Short answer: What kind of a mother****ing troll even remotely
considers take ****ing CATS to mother****ing HAWAII?!!!

--Tedward