Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.travel.europe
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Travel query

Higgs Boson wrote:
On Sep 30, 2:45 pm, Tater Cole wrote:
So my wife and I are in those awkward years between backpacking
across a foriegn continent and going on a managed tour for seniors.
This means we are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks in the not
too distant future. We've signed up for something called a LOU OWWW
and are planning to go on a helicopter tour of something. Should we
make advance reservations for the helicopter tour? What should we
see and do while we are there? Can we take our cats?

As a certified cat owner (Hah! Who owns whom??!!) I beg you not to
subject the "kids" to the discomforts and rigors of travel. Put them
in a cat boarding house, if you can't find a neighbor or friend to
come in & feed them. Are they indoor, outdoor, or both? That has a
huge bearing on their home care. If they are strictly indoor, you
need a reliable person to come in, or put them in a cat boarding
situation.

Trust me, you will have a much better time if you don't have to worry
about the cats plus all the bureaucratic stuff others have mentioned
foreign travel.

HB

Yes. We can fill the bowls with kibbles, leave the fawcett dripping in the
bowl in the kitchen sink, and leave our kids for a week, and when we come
back home, they will all be sleeping in the exact same spots they were in
when we left. I wonder why people keep dogs?