Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - 6 Door Extended Cab

Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side) pickup
with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of course there are
pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the hood
and mounted airhorns.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side)
pickup with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of
course there are pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the
hood and mounted airhorns.

He probably took them off. To blend in.

We Texans don't like to show off. Decorum, modesty, and a demur bearing are
our middle names.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side)
pickup with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of
course there are pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the
hood and mounted airhorns.

He probably took them off. To blend in.

We Texans don't like to show off. Decorum, modesty, and a demur
bearing are our middle names.

....are our middle names.

I thought it was "shoot the f'er. You know:

[begin any subject in the world], shoot the f'er, [continue subject].

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote in
:

On Jul 13, 1:54*pm, Red Green wrote:

Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side)
pick

up
with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of course
there ar

pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the
hood and mounted airhorns.

I've seen those in NY. IIRC they were transit authority or railroad
vehicles.

No Rico. Those were subway trains. An easy mistake for an out of towner
:-)

Haven't seen one in a while, though.

I always thought that they'd be good for a GC. He could car pool with
his subs each morning and each sub would put their magnetic sign on
their door. Kind of like what fast food places are doing now sharing
a building.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 6:54*pm, Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side) pickup
with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of course there are
pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the hood
and mounted airhorns.

People inTexas don't know anything.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsKihdtcgA

Big mouths and that's about all. Like most Yanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/14/2011 3:24 AM, harry wrote:
On Jul 13, 6:54 pm, Red wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side) pickup
with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of course there are
pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the hood
and mounted airhorns.

People inTexas don't know anything.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsKihdtcgA

Big mouths and that's about all. Like most Yanks.

Infidel! Insult my truck and I keel you!

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On Jul 13, 6:54 pm, Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side)
pickup with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of
course there are pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the
hood and mounted airhorns.

People inTexas don't know anything.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsKihdtcgA

Big mouths and that's about all. Like most Yanks.

Not like most Yanks. Everything is bigger in Texas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 06:56:27 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
Everything is bigger in Texas.

That's why they have so much land - you can take a few steps back so that
things seem the same size as everywhere else :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:16:33 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Red Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side)
pickup with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of
course there are pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the
hood and mounted airhorns.

He probably took them off. To blend in.

We Texans don't like to show off. Decorum, modesty, and a demur
bearing are our middle names.

....are our middle names.

I thought it was "shoot the f'er. You know:

[begin any subject in the world], shoot the f'er, [continue subject].

Or "Be prepared to return fire."

There's a lively discussion on the tx.guns newsgroup over whether Casey
Anthony should get a concealed handgun license. She's in Florida, so it
would be pretty straight-forward.

Of course the conversation morphed into several directions, the size of
Anthony's tits, whether killing a bystander while resisting an attack is a
crime, and so on.

I personally think she should pose for Playboy, take the million and move to
Texas under a different name. With any luck, she'll need some repairs done
around the house...

There is some speculation that Casey Anthony will be placed in a
witness protection program, funded by tax dollars.

Rumor has it she will become an Asian man, work in a fish market and
live in San Francisco.

No word if she will own an extended cab Ford truck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote in
:

On Jul 13, 6:54*pm, Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side)
pick

up
with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of course
there ar

pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the
hood and mounted airhorns.

People inTexas don't know anything.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsKihdtcgA

Big mouths and that's about all. Like most Yanks.

But at least if you go in one from Texas you don't have to walk through
goat **** to get to a seat...that a goat isn't in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jules Richardson wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 06:56:27 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
Everything is bigger in Texas.

That's why they have so much land - you can take a few steps back so
that things seem the same size as everywhere else :-)

Huh!

If I take a few steps back, my equipment moves with me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 01:24:07 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

People inTexas don't know anything.........

Is that authoritative comment from Wikileaker? I'm curious how you
get your keyboard to type such nonsense?

With such a big head I bet they grease your ears and push / pull you
through the door jams, so you can enter another room.

Other states have nice trucks (eight doors).*

http://www.remarkablecars.com/monster-truck-limo.jpg

I prefer a Ford instead of a stinking Chevy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:21:36 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

Joe wrote in
:

On Jul 13, 12:54Â*pm, Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side)
pick

up
with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of course
there ar

pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the
hood and mounted airhorns.

What? No brush guards? Rifle rack above the rear window? Probably from
Dallas...

Joe

Yep, Texas plates.

That be a "redneck Limo", not a pick-um-up truck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
On Jul 13, 6:54 pm, Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side)
pickup with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of
course there are pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the
hood and mounted airhorns.

People inTexas don't know anything.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsKihdtcgA

Big mouths and that's about all. Like most Yanks.

Not like most Yanks. Everything is bigger in Texas.

A Newfie meets a Texan while on holliday in New York, and the Texan is
bragging about how big his ranch is. He says" I can jump into my
pickup truck and drive all day without leaving my property". The
Newfie replied " I feel fer ya brother - I had a truck like that once
too"

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

People inTexas don't know anything.........

Is that authoritative comment from Wikileaker? *I'm curious how you
get your keyboard to type such nonsense?

With such a big head I bet they grease your ears and push / pull you
through the door jams, so you can enter another room.

Other states have nice trucks (eight doors).*

http://www.remarkablecars.com/monster-truck-limo.jpg

I prefer a Ford instead of a stinking Chevy.

Is this the sort of thing parked on the OPs driveway?
Can it even be legally used on the highway?
If not, irrelevant.
What would it'stop speed be fitted with tractor tyres?

BTW, what is the exact use of such a thing? Wedding transport?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
On Jul 13, 6:54 pm, Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side)
pickup with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of
course there are pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the
hood and mounted airhorns.

People inTexas don't know anything.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsKihdtcgA

Big mouths and that's about all. *Like most Yanks.

Not like most Yanks. Everything is bigger in Texas.

A Newfie meets a Texan while on holliday in New York, and the Texan is
bragging about how big his ranch is. He says" I can jump into my
pickup truck and drive all day without leaving my property". The
Newfie replied " I feel fer ya brother - I had a truck like that once
too"- Hide quoted text -

LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 15, 1:43*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:

A Newfie meets a Texan while on holliday in New York, and the Texan is
bragging about how big his ranch is. He says" I can jump into my
pickup truck and drive all day without leaving my property". The
Newfie replied " I feel fer ya brother - I had a truck like that once
too"

Heh!

Sure, we Texans like to brag. I think it's in the water. And, regrettably,
every once in a while someone exaggerates.

Still, El Paso is closer to San Diego than it is to Houston and Houston is
closer to Florida than it is to El Paso.

The state is a BIG place. We have 254 counties, some larger than Rhode
Island ('course that isn't saying much). (And 254 Texas Rangers.) On the
other hand, much of the western part of the state is minimally populated and
minimally populated for a reason: there's no there there.

In sum, if you counted only the "usable" parts of the state, we wouldn't be
much bigger than Connecticut.

One way to think of us is Northern California + The Sahara = Texas.

Of course some have other ways of thinking about Texas...

In Australia they have bigger ranches than the whole of Texas.
Mostly desert too so far as I could see.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 00:28:57 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

http://www.remarkablecars.com/monster-truck-limo.jpg

I prefer a Ford instead of a stinking Chevy.

Is this the sort of thing parked on the OPs driveway?

Doubtful. The OP has a 'possum van.

Can it even be legally used on the highway?

Yes

If not, irrelevant.
What would it'stop speed be fitted with tractor tyres?

Depends on the gear ratio setup.

BTW, what is the exact use of such a thing? Wedding transport?

It's a toy for men going through their second childhood.
Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

wrote:

http://www.remarkablecars.com/monster-truck-limo.jpg

I prefer a Ford instead of a stinking Chevy.

Is this the sort of thing parked on the OPs driveway?

Doubtful. *The OP has a 'possum van.

Can it even be legally used on the highway?

Yes

If not, irrelevant.
What would it'stop speed be fitted with tractor tyres?

Depends on the gear ratio setup.

BTW, what is the exact use of such a thing? *Wedding transport?

It's a toy for men going through their second childhood.

MY 2 cents worth is if you can't put a 4'x8' sheet of plywood in the
bed without it hanging over the tailgate or having to put seats down,
then it's not a "Pick-up" truck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in news:ja7v17l3gj2775tsj9f2cams28r2mb6mml@
4ax.com:

wrote:

harry wrote:
On Jul 13, 6:54 pm, Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side)
pickup with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of
course there are pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the
hood and mounted airhorns.

People inTexas don't know anything.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsKihdtcgA

Big mouths and that's about all. Like most Yanks.

Not like most Yanks. Everything is bigger in Texas.

A Newfie meets a Texan while on holliday in New York, and the Texan is
bragging about how big his ranch is. He says" I can jump into my
pickup truck and drive all day without leaving my property". The
Newfie replied " I feel fer ya brother - I had a truck like that once
too"

As Oren said, being the current holder of the 'possum van, I can relate
to the Newfie.

NC has no actual inspection sticker on the windshield. Never bothered me
while driving in VT the past year because of the out of state plates.
Couple of months ago the NC plates ran out. Had to get VT plates. Still
can get plates without getting inspection docs first. First trip out to
the Borg just a few miles from here, Barney coming the opposite
direction. Pulls a U-ie and blue lights me. Mentions how, among other
obvious things, I'm gonna need to get a windshield and rear tires.
Sigh...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.remarkablecars.com/monster-truck-limo.jpg

I prefer a Ford instead of a stinking Chevy.

Is this the sort of thing parked on the OPs driveway?

Doubtful. *The OP has a 'possum van.

Can it even be legally used on the highway?

Yes

If not, irrelevant.
What would it'stop speed be fitted with tractor tyres?

Depends on the gear ratio setup.

BTW, what is the exact use of such a thing? *Wedding transport?

It's a toy for men going through their second childhood.

Heh Heh. I thought maybe it was some sort of redneck limo!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.remarkablecars.com/monster-truck-limo.jpg

I prefer a Ford instead of a stinking Chevy.

Is this the sort of thing parked on the OPs driveway?

Doubtful. *The OP has a 'possum van.

Can it even be legally used on the highway?

Yes

If not, irrelevant.
What would it'stop speed be fitted with tractor tyres?

Depends on the gear ratio setup.

BTW, what is the exact use of such a thing? *Wedding transport?

It's a toy for men going through their second childhood.

MY 2 cents worth is if you can't put a 4'x8' sheet of plywood in the
bed without it hanging over the tailgate or having to put seats down,
then it's not a "Pick-up" truck.- Hide quoted text -

I thought pickup trucks were used in Texas to do the family shopping.
A few bags of chips?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

Sigh...- Hide quoted text -

'possum van?
How does it run without rear tyres?
Barney as in Rubble?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.remarkablecars.com/monster-truck-limo.jpg

I prefer a Ford instead of a stinking Chevy.

Is this the sort of thing parked on the OPs driveway?

Doubtful. The OP has a 'possum van.

Can it even be legally used on the highway?

Yes

If not, irrelevant.
What would it'stop speed be fitted with tractor tyres?

Depends on the gear ratio setup.

BTW, what is the exact use of such a thing? Wedding transport?

It's a toy for men going through their second childhood.

Heh Heh. I thought maybe it was some sort of redneck limo!

Common bumper sticker:

"Yes, I have a pickup. No, I won't help you move"

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote in
:

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

and rear tires. Sigh...- Hide quoted text -

'possum van?
How does it run without rear tyres?

It's called running "slicks" (if that's still the jargon since my teen
years).

Barney as in Rubble?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
On Jul 13, 6:54 pm, Red wrote:
[...]

Barney as in Barney Fife, a clueless deputy sheriff on the old Andy
Griffith TV show. Even you would approve of that show, harry- never any
real violence, supportive of family values and the small town lifestyle,
etc. Dunno if the repeats ever made it to your side of the puddle, but
I'm sure you can Google it.

--
aem sends....
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
On Jul 13, 6:54 pm, Red wrote:
[...]

Better on Hulu
http://www.hulu.com/search?query=The...+Show&st=1&fs=

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.remarkablecars.com/monster-truck-limo.jpg

I prefer a Ford instead of a stinking Chevy.

Is this the sort of thing parked on the OPs driveway?

Doubtful. *The OP has a 'possum van.

Can it even be legally used on the highway?

Yes

If not, irrelevant.
What would it'stop speed be fitted with tractor tyres?

Depends on the gear ratio setup.

BTW, what is the exact use of such a thing? *Wedding transport?

It's a toy for men going through their second childhood.

I think you'll find the speed is limited by the tyres. Usually no more
than 40mph.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
On Jul 13, 6:54 pm, Red *wrote:
[...]

aem sends....- Hide quoted text -

I don't think that one ever made it over here. I remember "Highway
Patrol". Just
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.remarkablecars.com/monster-truck-limo.jpg

I prefer a Ford instead of a stinking Chevy.

Is this the sort of thing parked on the OPs driveway?

Doubtful. *The OP has a 'possum van.

Can it even be legally used on the highway?

Yes

If not, irrelevant.
What would it'stop speed be fitted with tractor tyres?

Depends on the gear ratio setup.

BTW, what is the exact use of such a thing? *Wedding transport?

It's a toy for men going through their second childhood.

I think you'll find the speed is limited by the tyres. Usually no more
than 40mph.

Nope.

"The monster truck BIGFOOT has been driven at over 80 miles per hour.
This is accomplished by raising the gear ratio. ChaCha-on!"

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-top-speed-of-a-monster-truck

If you're not familiar with BIGFOOT (Ford) see this video.

"Here is Dan Runte in BIGFOOT #16 from Norwalk, OH on September 25,
2010. He breaks the monster truck speed record twice, once on Friday,
and then breaks his own record again on Saturday with an eighth mile
speed of 86.56 MPH at 7.85 seconds."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lgu9tjaO8Q

Bigfoot in Freestyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN9AQTsby7A

Better luck next time...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:33:18 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 23:51:22 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

harry wrote in
:

wrote:

harry wrote:
On Jul 13, 6:54 pm, Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door
(3x/side) pickup with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever
saw one. Of course there are pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across
the hood and mounted airhorns.

People inTexas don't know anything.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsKihdtcgA

Big mouths and that's about all. Â*Like most Yanks.

[...]

We called 'em "May-Pops" - may pop any minute. You could almost see
the air in the tires..

Barney as in Rubble?

Itallian Racing tires - otherwize known as "baldinis".

Any time they may identify themselves "W*P, W*P, W*P"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/13/11 12:54 PM, Red Green wrote:
Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side) pickup
with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of course there are
pics of them on the net.

Wanna guess what state the plates were from?

Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the hood
and mounted airhorns.

International made something called an RXT for a couple, four years.
http://tinyurl.com/5vw8af4
Did you see the vehicles with the spoilers over the tailgate? They
look a lot like pickups. They're obviously city slicker buggies. I
wonder if they come with dash mounted flower vases.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'd like to see a Monster London Taxi, that would be interesting. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

They are piloted by monsters now.....

Why? I can never see the point of these contraptions. Boooooooooring
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/18/2011 2:22 AM, harry wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I suppose you would have to understand that it's a uniquely American
form of entertainment. It the spectacle, a kind of bread and circuses
for my fellow citizens. I've never been to a Monster Truck show but kids
love the events so a lot of families make an outing out of it. I watch
the videos and find them amusing like a lot of other things. Ya know, I
haven't been to a rock concert in years or really been to any event with
large crowds of folks or even to a movie theater that I can remember. I
watch all the latest movies and as of late most TV shows on my computer.
My health has been so bad that I have to use what little energy I have
to go out and work in order to pay the bills. That doesn't leave much
juice in my batteries for me to go out and play. I just got on the meds
I needed to get the fluid out of my lungs and mitigate the severe edema
that came on after my Easter Sunday trip to the hospital because of a
bad case of pneumonia. It's good to have physician friends. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

It's a toy for men going through their second childhood.

I think you'll find the speed is limited by the tyres. Usually no more
than 40mph.

Drag racers often exceed 200MPH.

On slick tires.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in
:

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 23:51:22 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

harry wrote in
:

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

a windshield and rear tires. Sigh...- Hide quoted text -

'possum van?
How does it run without rear tyres?

It's called running "slicks" (if that's still the jargon since my teen
years).

We called 'em "May-Pops" - may pop any minute. You could almost see
the air in the tires..

LOL! New one to me.

Barney as in Rubble?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 18, 1:42*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

It's a toy for men going through their second childhood.

I think you'll find the speed is limited by the tyres. Usually no more
than 40mph.

Drag racers often exceed 200MPH.

On slick tires.

I thought the topic was pickup trucks?
If you want to go off topic the world speed record is faster than
sound. Brit of course. The car (Thrust SSC) is now in a museum just up
the road from me, I saw it a few months back.
http://wiki.transport-museum.com/Def...ki eSupport=1

I hear some Yank is trying build a car to do 800mph.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A..._Eagle_Project

That's OK. We have a 1000 mph project in hand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodhound_SSC

Hey Duf, I'll put your name forward to be the pilot.
You're old & therefore expendable, right?