Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Extended Phone Wiring

I need to extend my phone line and have some extra CAT5e cable. Can I use
this instead using the twisted pairs for line 1 and line 2, that is, green
to green, white/green to red, etc.?

Mike D.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:15:16 GMT, Mike Dobony wrote:

I need to extend my phone line and have some extra CAT5e cable. Can I use
this instead using the twisted pairs for line 1 and line 2, that is, green
to green, white/green to red, etc.?

No problem. Use a twisted pair for each phone line: green & white/green for
line 1; brown & white/brown for line 2, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike Dobony wrote:
I need to extend my phone line and have some extra CAT5e cable. Can I use
this instead using the twisted pairs for line 1 and line 2, that is, green
to green, white/green to red, etc.?

Mike D.

Hi,
It's okay. Not interested in DECT corless phone tho?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Mike Dobony" wrote:

I need to extend my phone line and have some extra CAT5e cable. Can I use
this instead using the twisted pairs for line 1 and line 2, that is, green
to green, white/green to red, etc.?

You can use any wires for ONE line. Heck, you can use bailing wire and coat
hangars. (Some folks do.)

Do it right. You never know when a second pair will be needed. In that case,
correct splicing is important:

Line old-style "quad" twisted-pair
^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^
L1 red/green blue/white

L2 yellow/black orange/white

L3 green/white

L4 brown/white
--

JR

Climb poles and dig holes
Have staplegun, will travel
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Redelfs" wrote in message
In article ,
"Mike Dobony" wrote:

[...]

I'm using all 3 lines.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Mike Dobony wrote:
I need to extend my phone line and have some extra CAT5e cable. Can I
use this instead using the twisted pairs for line 1 and line 2, that is,
green to green, white/green to red, etc.?

Mike D.

Hi,
It's okay. Not interested in DECT corless phone tho?

Will not work for DSL and already have a multitude of corded phones. I am
moving my computer to another room.

Phone wiring thumor Home Repair 28 October 25th 07 03:06 PM
Help With Rotary Phone Wiring [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 May 12th 07 09:12 PM
Another Phone Wiring Q TheScullster UK diy 8 January 25th 07 12:34 PM
Phone wiring [email protected] Home Ownership 3 August 8th 04 04:09 PM
Help w/ Phone Wiring barry martin Home Repair 0 June 26th 03 02:28 AM