Posted to rec.woodworking
Schmitage

Default 6mm Extended drill bit?

Anyone know where I can find a bit, 18" in length X 6mm? 6.03mm would
be perfect, but the kid will live w/ 6mm. He's trying to make his own
air bb gun out of wood from some spare parts of an airsoft gun. Cool
eh?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Schmitage wrote:
Anyone know where I can find a bit, 18" in length X 6mm? 6.03mm would
be perfect, but the kid will live w/ 6mm. He's trying to make his own
air bb gun out of wood from some spare parts of an airsoft gun. Cool
eh?

Hm - as much as this makes me sound old, it sounds dangerous. Oh,
well. It does sound like a fun experiment - just suggest protective
eyewear if you think he'll listen. You can get 3/16" or 1/4" extended
drill bits or roundnose router bits at mlcswoodworking.com - if you
wanted to try routing two sides and glueing them together.
Has he thought about getting some 6mm inside diameter pipe or tubing,
and somehow inserting that into wood?
By the way, if you're "shooting" for .177 caliber standard bbs, 6mm is
a ways off - try 4.5mm instead.
Good luck,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

The Schmitage entity posted thusly:

Anyone know where I can find a bit, 18" in length X 6mm? 6.03mm would
be perfect, but the kid will live w/ 6mm. He's trying to make his own
air bb gun out of wood from some spare parts of an airsoft gun. Cool
eh?

You'll shoot your eye out.
-Mom

Funny lathe machining problem.... Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 16 November 3rd 05 02:39 AM
Makita Cordless 18V Drill - Chuck Noise Quddus UK diy 5 June 28th 04 10:09 AM
deep hole question Bill Chernoff Metalworking 14 June 18th 04 05:36 PM
Buying a new drill Bruce UK diy 21 June 8th 04 12:41 AM
Disappointed with carbide drill bit performance Ben Metalworking 3 January 15th 04 02:58 PM