DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   6mm Extended drill bit? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/166705-6mm-extended-drill-bit.html)

Schmitage June 25th 06 04:01 AM

6mm Extended drill bit?

Anyone know where I can find a bit, 18" in length X 6mm? 6.03mm would
be perfect, but the kid will live w/ 6mm. He's trying to make his own
air bb gun out of wood from some spare parts of an airsoft gun. Cool
eh?

Andy June 25th 06 05:35 AM

6mm Extended drill bit?

Schmitage wrote:
Anyone know where I can find a bit, 18" in length X 6mm? 6.03mm would
be perfect, but the kid will live w/ 6mm. He's trying to make his own
air bb gun out of wood from some spare parts of an airsoft gun. Cool
eh?

Hm - as much as this makes me sound old, it sounds dangerous. Oh,
well. It does sound like a fun experiment - just suggest protective
eyewear if you think he'll listen. You can get 3/16" or 1/4" extended
drill bits or roundnose router bits at mlcswoodworking.com - if you
wanted to try routing two sides and glueing them together.
Has he thought about getting some 6mm inside diameter pipe or tubing,
and somehow inserting that into wood?
By the way, if you're "shooting" for .177 caliber standard bbs, 6mm is
a ways off - try 4.5mm instead.
Good luck,
Andy

Oleg Lego June 25th 06 08:16 AM

6mm Extended drill bit?

The Schmitage entity posted thusly:

Anyone know where I can find a bit, 18" in length X 6mm? 6.03mm would
be perfect, but the kid will live w/ 6mm. He's trying to make his own
air bb gun out of wood from some spare parts of an airsoft gun. Cool
eh?

You'll shoot your eye out.
-Mom