Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extended warrenty

Went to Homebase today for some paint and picked up some fairy lights they
had on offer. At the checkout they tried to sell me an extended warranty
on them...

--
*Eschew obfuscation *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Went to Homebase today for some paint and picked up some fairy lights they
had on offer.

I picked up a couple of cheap rope lights they are getting rid of before
xmas.

At the checkout they tried to sell me an extended warranty
on them...

I guess they are told to ask this, - probably get told off if they
don't.

Didn't ask me today, but did a couple of weeks ago when I bought some
fairy lights
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Went to Homebase today for some paint and picked up some fairy lights
they had on offer. At the checkout they tried to sell me an extended
warranty on them...

Did they ask if you wanted fries with them?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Went to Homebase today for some paint and picked up some fairy lights they
had on offer. At the checkout they tried to sell me an extended warranty
on them...

and I bet it does not cover the bulbs

--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Kevin wrote:
Went to Homebase today for some paint and picked up some fairy lights
they had on offer. At the checkout they tried to sell me an extended
warranty on them...

and I bet it does not cover the bulbs

It says on the box 'non replaceable LEDs'

--
*Dance like nobody's watching.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Went to Homebase today for some paint and picked up some fairy lights they
had on offer. At the checkout they tried to sell me an extended warranty
on them...

I bought an empty hard disk case at PCW, they tried to sell me an
extended warranty. Cost of case £8, cost of EW £15.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Went to Homebase today for some paint and picked up some fairy lights they
had on offer. At the checkout they tried to sell me an extended warranty
on them...

I bought an empty hard disk case at PCW, they tried to sell me an
extended warranty. Cost of case £8, cost of EW £15.

I love the EW sales at PCWm I watched a salesman sell a VDU harping on
about this make was the best most reliable etc then as they got near the
till he went on about it breaking down after the one year warranty ran
out talk about double standards

--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:52:12 +0000 Kevin wrote :
I love the EW sales at PCWm I watched a salesman sell a VDU harping
on about this make was the best most reliable etc then as they got
near the till he went on about it breaking down after the one year
warranty ran out talk about double standards

But you use this on them: "If that's likely to break down, perhaps
I'll think again" and make as if to walk. At which point it becomes
the most reliable product ever shipped g

On starting over here, I did buy extended warranties on my LCD TV and
Dyson cleaner, nothing else, and they weren't silly prices.

--
Tony Bryer, 'Software to build on' from Greentram
www.superbeam.co.uk www.superbeam.com www.greentram.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tony Bryer wrote:
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:52:12 +0000 Kevin wrote :
I love the EW sales at PCWm I watched a salesman sell a VDU harping
on about this make was the best most reliable etc then as they got
near the till he went on about it breaking down after the one year
warranty ran out talk about double standards

But you use this on them: "If that's likely to break down, perhaps
I'll think again" and make as if to walk. At which point it becomes
the most reliable product ever shipped g

Or you say ' thanks for the info - I really want this item - but if it's
likely to break down I'll buy it from John Lewis and get their free five
year warranty.'

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *