Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Did Richard Trethewey change his name?

I was watching the DIY network the other day and they were running a
commercial for the new season of Ask This Old House.

The announcer claims that one of the experts is Richard Treth-Away
instead of the familiar Richard Tra-Thu-E.

I'm guessing the announcer is not a DIYer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 31, 1:18*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I was watching the DIY network the other day and they were running a
commercial for the new season of Ask This Old House.

The announcer claims that one of the experts is Richard Treth-Away
instead of the familiar Richard Tra-Thu-E.

I'm guessing the announcer is not a DIYer.

I don't know about the name thing, but on early episodes he used to
pronounce "bath" as "both". I wonder if they asked him to change it or
if he did it on his own.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 31, 4:18*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I was watching the DIY network the other day and they were running a
commercial for the new season of Ask This Old House.

The announcer claims that one of the experts is Richard Treth-Away
instead of the familiar Richard Tra-Thu-E.

I'm guessing the announcer is not a DIYer.

VO copy is not typically written by VO talent, and it typically
includes pronunciation cues to the extent that phone numbers are often
spelled out so the talent doesn't read it as "Call one hundred (and)
twenty three dash 4 thousand (and) five hundred (and) sixty-seven"...
and the recording "engineer" (if it isn't the talent) doesn't miss it.

I had VO talent pronounce Camaro- Ca-mare-ee-oo, and Mercedes Benz-
Mercedes Benzee.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 1, 2:51*pm, "Robert Green" wrote:
"gpsman" wrote in message

I had VO talent pronounce Camaro- *Ca-mare-ee-oo, and Mercedes Benz-
Mercedes Benzee.

I once heard someone reading a cue card say "We've been MIZZLED!" when she
meant to say "We've been misled!"

You mean MIZZELD...?

I hear con-tra-bute-ded for contributed too often.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gpsman" wrote in message

I had VO talent pronounce Camaro- *Ca-mare-ee-oo, and Mercedes Benz-
Mercedes Benzee.

I once heard someone reading a cue card say "We've been MIZZLED!" when she
meant to say "We've been misled!"

You mean MIZZELD...?

I hear *con-tra-bute-ded *for contributed too often.
*-----

- gpsman

on the this old house has anyone seen their news series THIS NEW
HOUSE?

Its really good and Amy M is easy on the eyes....

Plus any design that nearly elminates heating bills in Maine is
great

Has anyone ever met any of the cast not at a paid event?

I do wonder if someone stumbled onto Rich if he would be friendly or
try to escape?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 1, 12:32*pm, gpsman wrote:
On Mar 31, 4:18*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I was watching the DIY network the other day and they were running a
commercial for the new season of Ask This Old House.

The announcer claims that one of the experts is Richard Treth-Away
instead of the familiar Richard Tra-Thu-E.

I'm guessing the announcer is not a DIYer.

VO copy is not typically written by VO talent, and it typically
includes pronunciation cues to the extent that phone numbers are often
spelled out so the talent doesn't read it as "Call one hundred (and)
twenty three dash 4 thousand (and) five hundred (and) sixty-seven"...
and the recording "engineer" (if it isn't the talent) doesn't miss it.

I had VO talent pronounce Camaro- *Ca-mare-ee-oo, and Mercedes Benz-
Mercedes Benzee.
*-----

- gpsman

Regardless of who wrote it, read it or recorded it, *somebody* should
have been responsible for making sure the pronunciation was correct
before it was aired.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/1/2011 5:01 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Apr 1, 4:32 pm, wrote:
On Apr 1, 2:51 pm, "Robert wrote:

wrote in message

I had VO talent pronounce Camaro- Ca-mare-ee-oo, and Mercedes Benz-
Mercedes Benzee.

I once heard someone reading a cue card say "We've been MIZZLED!" when she
meant to say "We've been misled!"

You mean MIZZELD...?

I hear con-tra-bute-ded for contributed too often.
-----

- gpsman

on the this old house has anyone seen their news series THIS NEW
HOUSE?

Its really good and Amy M is easy on the eyes....

Plus any design that nearly elminates heating bills in Maine is
great

Has anyone ever met any of the cast not at a paid event?

I do wonder if someone stumbled onto Rich if he would be friendly or
try to escape?

As long as you didn't back him into a corner, you'd probably be okay.

But seriously- I have run across a few famous and semi-famous people out
in the wild, without their handlers. I'd just smile and nod, and they
would smile and nod back. I'd never dream of getting in their personal
space waiting in line at the airport, or in a diner, or (heaven forbid)
in the men's room. Everyone deserves the chance to get through their
day with as little hassle as possible. I've seen some of these same
celebs when the horde does descend on them, and most seem to have a
canned routine they go into, but you can tell the smiles are forced at
times.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote
But seriously- I have run across a few famous and semi-famous people out
in the wild, without their handlers. I'd just smile and nod, and they
would smile and nod back. I'd never dream of getting in their personal
space waiting in line at the airport, or in a diner, or (heaven forbid) in
the men's room. Everyone deserves the chance to get through their day
with as little hassle as possible. I've seen some of these same celebs
when the horde does descend on them, and most seem to have a canned
routine they go into, but you can tell the smiles are forced at times.

--
aem sends...

We have a few celebs in this area and two private schools that bring in a
few more as visitors because their kids attend them. Most are pretty good
and are not bothered by the locals. Once in a while one will think they are
special though. When my daughter was of dating age, she went out with a
couple of kids from the school. every once in a while a limo or big
Mercedes would pull into the driveway and she would say I'm going for pizza
with XXX family. To the kids, it was just pizza.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Me" wrote in message
eb.com...
Who is he?

Plumbing "expert" on This Old House.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 2, 1:24*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"Me" wrote in message

eb.com...

Who is he?

Plumbing "expert" on This Old House.

--
Bobby G.

....and Ask This Old House and Inside This Old House.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Me" wrote in message

eb.com...

Who is he?

Plumbing "expert" on This Old House.

--
Bobby G.

...and Ask This Old House and Inside This Old House.

This Old House Hour, Under this Old House, Next Door to This Old House,
Around the Corner from This Old House, Inheriting This Old House, Don't
Ask/Don't Tell this Old House . . . Where will it all end?

You've been gone for months, DD. Building another racer?

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 3, 8:57*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Apr 2, 1:24 am, "Robert Green" wrote:

"Me" wrote in message

web.com...

Who is he?

Plumbing "expert" on This Old House.

--
Bobby G.

...and Ask This Old House and Inside This Old House.

This Old House Hour, Under this Old House, Next Door to This Old House,
Around the Corner from This Old House, Inheriting This Old House, Don't
Ask/Don't Tell this Old House *. . . Where will it all end?

You've been gone for months, DD. *Building another racer?

--
Bobby G.

Home and work has been ridiculously busy over the past year, so my
spare time is really limited.

I'm still involved with Sap Box from an "expert" perspective i.e.
helping other families and the local organization, building parts,
etc. but no longer racing. My last driver has aged-out and is heading
off to college in the fall. I may still go to Akron for the World
Championship race in July, but it'll just be to help tune up our local
cars.

My youngest is a captain/center fielder on the Varsity softball team,
so now I spent more time coaching on the diamond than on the track.

I'll be sending you an email real soon about the X10 stuff.