Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Did Richard Trethewey change his name?

On Mar 31, 4:18*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I was watching the DIY network the other day and they were running a
commercial for the new season of Ask This Old House.

The announcer claims that one of the experts is Richard Treth-Away
instead of the familiar Richard Tra-Thu-E.

I'm guessing the announcer is not a DIYer.

VO copy is not typically written by VO talent, and it typically
includes pronunciation cues to the extent that phone numbers are often
spelled out so the talent doesn't read it as "Call one hundred (and)
twenty three dash 4 thousand (and) five hundred (and) sixty-seven"...
and the recording "engineer" (if it isn't the talent) doesn't miss it.

I had VO talent pronounce Camaro- Ca-mare-ee-oo, and Mercedes Benz-
Mercedes Benzee.
-----

- gpsman