Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Gordon

Default OT - Richard Pryor - RIP

Died today, age 65.

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:40:28 -0500, "Lee Gordon"
wrote:

Died today, age 65.

A sad story. Immensely talented--possibly the funniest comic I ever
heard. Followed the too-much-money-too-soon path common to celebrity
and fried his body while trying to fry his brain.

The ultimate irony was survinving that only to fall victim to a slow
acting debilitating disease.

Another candidate for the John Belushi memorial "you could have made
us laugh for years, but, n-o-o-o-o" award.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

wrote:

Died today, age 65.

A sad story. Immensely talented--possibly the funniest comic I ever
heard. Followed the too-much-money-too-soon path common to celebrity
and fried his body while trying to fry his brain.

The ultimate irony was survinving that only to fall victim to a slow
acting debilitating disease.

Another candidate for the John Belushi memorial "you could have made
us laugh for years, but, n-o-o-o-o" award.

Yep, definitely funny. Certainly more funny than some of his successors,
such as Eddie Murphy. Murphy always struck me as this kid, looking at the
audience like he was looking at his parents or other superiors, just trying
to find out how much he could get away with saying. Watching some of his
concerts on HBO and others in the 80's, he would tell a joke, then look at
the audience with that "gee, I wonder if I'll get slapped for this one"
look.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

wrote:

Died today, age 65.

A sad story. Immensely talented--possibly the funniest comic I ever
heard.

He's way up there, that's for sure. There are many funny comics and
comedians. (The difference being that a comic says things funny, and a
comedian says funny things.)

In my eyes Pryors a giant, a view not shared by everybody. It is such a
personal call. The top is very wide in that category. Even Jerry Lewis
is funny when he's not trying to be.

But don't pay any attention to me...I'm the guy who thinks Nathan Lane
is one of the funniest people alive...no wait.. Charlie Callus is the
funniest....Carson?? Or was it Jonathan Winters? Richard Jeni... yes
Jeni cracks me up... did I mention Carlin? I meant to say Lee Evans..
(Mouse Hunt is VERY funny.. in spots..) I just KNOW I'm missing a few
hundred...

Anyway.. we lost a very talented guy. He will be missed.

Oh... then there is Ron James who got a slice of ham so thin once, that
the pig didn't even know it was missing from his arse.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

wrote:

Died today, age 65.

A sad story. Immensely talented--possibly the funniest comic I ever
heard. Followed the too-much-money-too-soon path common to celebrity
and fried his body while trying to fry his brain.

Much of his stuff was just reworked trash, but he could be funny. Did you
see his network show, both episodes? It was the best TV I have seen, so I
guess it didn't stand a chance.

Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Eugene McCarthy also died today - at 82.

Both men tried to change things - for the better - and did.

Not a bad obit for my money.

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 22:45:02 -0500, Robatoy
wrote:

Oh... then there is Ron James who got a slice of ham so thin once, that
the pig didn't even know it was missing from his arse.

My favorite line about thin meat has always been, "...it was so thin
it only had one side."

I've used that for so long, I don't even remember now if I heard it
from someone else or if I made it up myself...I wish...

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
Buddy Matlosz

wrote:

Oh... then there is Ron James who got a slice of ham so thin once, that
the pig didn't even know it was missing from his arse.

My favorite line about thin meat has always been, "...it was so thin
it only had one side."

Better yet, the Seinfeld episode where Kramer got the deli meat slicer -
"It's all surface area, Jerry, there's no place for the flavor to hide!"

B.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Buddy Matlosz

wrote:

Died today, age 65.

A sad story. Immensely talented--possibly the funniest comic I ever
heard.

I personally never found Pryor all that funny - seemed like he just cussed
for the sake of cussing.

Followed the too-much-money-too-soon path common to celebrity
and fried his body while trying to fry his brain.

The ultimate irony was survinving that only to fall victim to a slow
acting debilitating disease.

Another candidate for the John Belushi memorial "you could have made
us laugh for years, but, n-o-o-o-o" award.

Now HE was funny. Great physical comedian. He could draw laughs with a joke,
body language, or just a facial expression. The SNL show where he did the
Joe Cocker impersonation side-by-side with Cocker is still one of my
favorites. But to this day, nobody can reduce me to tears like Sam Kinison
when he got on a roll.

B.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in message

Another candidate for the John Belushi memorial "you could have made
us laugh for years, but, n-o-o-o-o" award.

Now HE was funny. Great physical comedian. He could draw laughs with a

joke,
body language, or just a facial expression. The SNL show where he did the
Joe Cocker impersonation side-by-side with Cocker is still one of my
favorites.

Remember the samurai chef?

Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown

I don't get into discussions about who is the funniest comic bvecause
it is so personal and so subjective. For every Bill Cosby fan there's
a Woody Woodbury (remember him?) fan as well.

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:40:28 -0500, "Lee Gordon"
wrote:

Died today, age 65.

"Mizz Rudolph could you please do somethin' 'bout dis monkey"

"I don't have ta do nuttin' 'bout da monkey. Da monkey live here.

You just visitin'"

(Is It Something I Said, 1975)

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Noons

Lee Gordon apparently said,on my timestamp of 11/12/2005 9:40 AM:

Died today, age 65.

and sorely missed.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto
Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Payne

On 10/12/2005 5:40 PM, Lee Gordon wrote:

Died today, age 65.

Wherever he is, I betcha' he's still low-runnin'.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
LRod wrote:

My favorite line about thin meat has always been, "...it was so thin
it only had one side."

I'll be using this...G
Posted to rec.woodworking
Buddy Matlosz

"foggytown" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't get into discussions about who is the funniest comic .....

Don't look now, but I think you just did.

B.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Payne wrote:
Wherever he is, I betcha' he's still low-runnin'.

Cap backwards, yessir.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Gordon

I personally never found Pryor all that funny - seemed like he just cussed
for the sake of cussing.
[snip]
But to this day, nobody can reduce me to tears like Sam Kinison
when he got on a roll.

I find this combination of sentiments somewhat odd. There is hardly a
better example of cussing for the sake of cussing than Kinison. Pryor was
the guy who cleared the path for Kinison and so many others like him.
I thought they were both pretty damn funny.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
George G

Years ago he almost died when that cigarette lighter accidently lit in
his pants pocket. Remember?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Craig

In article , Buddy Matlosz
wrote:

But to this day, nobody can reduce me to tears like Sam Kinison
when he got on a roll.

"Don't send 'em food. Send 'em U-Hauls! Send 'em luggage! TAKE 'EM
WHERE THE F*#@ing FOOD IS!"

Richard Raffan's DVD Jeff Woodturning 1 August 5th 05 05:42 PM
Richard A. Buege, [email protected] Metalworking 0 March 27th 05 02:59 PM
And the wiiner is Richard Gillespie Steve Knight Woodworking 3 February 10th 05 03:32 AM