Posted to alt.home.repair

Default .. Interesting link.

On 2/17/2011 12:44 PM, harry wrote:
On Feb 17, 3:10 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 2/17/2011 5:35 AM, harry wrote:

On Feb 16, 3:33 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 2/16/2011 4:19 AM, harry wrote:

On Feb 15, 9:05 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 2/15/2011 1:42 PM, harry wrote:

I don't know any Republicans who are not patriots. Look at the name
of the party, our form of government is a "Republic", not a "Democracy".
I watched a speech by Al Gore once where I thought his face would
fall off if he told the truth. He kept referring to The United States
as "our democracy", he repeated it over and over again just like the
Liberal teachers in our government schools do to the children. My late
father was a Southern Republican, the most conservative variety who
make Yankee Republicans look like sissies. When I was a damn Liberal
Hippie Freak college student my father got in my face and said "This is
not a Democracy, it's a Republic!" That was four decades ago and I
didn't understand what he was talking about because I thought my dad was
such a closed minded bigot. It took years but I think I may be worse
than I thought my father ever was. Conservatism is something you grow
into, you don't magically turn into a conservative, you have to pay your
dues. I don't trust young conservatives because they set off my weasel
detector. Much like the teacher's pet back in school or the kid who was
a secret agent for the school principal. It's a good thing
for kids to grow up with conservative values but they're not true
Conservatives until they've been around for a long while and learned
a number of very important life lessons. I came across a video that will
help explain our form of government:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DioQooFIcgE

I could go on for hours about the subject but I don't have the stamina
anymore and I might burst a blood vessel. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Hah. ********.
If you want to put political systems on a graph, it needs two axis,
not one.

The comparisons drawn are utterly false and over simplified. This is
mere propaganda and lies.

One would only have to have the slightest knowledge of Roman history
to see this.
The most numerous persons in Roman society were slaves. It was a
civilisation that survived by pillaging it's nieghbours. It fell when
it ran out of people to pillage.
Hmm. That is a bit like America come to think.

Republicans are not patriots. They seek to make America into a country
that serves only their needs, not everyone's needs. They seek to
enslave the working class and starve them into submission.
I f America was republican, the banks would hve been allowed to fail
not propped up with tax money. They are still raking in vast sums
while Americans are losing their homes and livelihoods.

What you need is a proper revolution as they had in Russia.
Your last one was only about the rich that didn't want to pay their
taxes.
It didn't help the poor. Nothing's changed.

OK Harry, we just handed you the keys to America, what are you going to
to fix everything? :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Well, I'd take away all privately owned guns for a start. Cut
military expenditure. Cut foriegn aid. Cut foriegn colonies loose.
Deport any immigrants commiting any crime however trivial. Make Islaam
illegal until there are christian churches in Mecca.
Spend the money on health, railways, infrastructure and alternative
energy/energy efficiency projects.
Put tax barriers on Chinese goods until they let their currency
float.
Reduce death row by execution within one week. Execute drug sellers.
Put hirers of illegals in jail. Withdraw the nationality of tax
exiles. Sieze their assets to pay their tax bills. Nationalise failed
banks/financial inststutions. (NO compensation)
Any one out there want to vote for me?
I want to be complete dictator mind :-)

First of all, are you willing to kill citizens to get their guns and who
are you going to send to take them away. Are you going to use the
military and point weapons of war at the citizenry. The criminals will
pay no attention to the law, how will you get criminals to turn in their
guns. Are you going to tear up The Constitution in order to attain your
goals?

Cut down the military to what size, what strength and what duties? Darn,
if you cut back the military, it won't be strong enough to take guns
away from the citizenry.

Cut foreign aid? Does that mean ignoring natural disasters and disease
outbreaks in other countries and tell them that they're on their own?
If a famine occurs in a region of the world, refuse to help with aid and
not help them rebuild their food production infrastructure? In other
words, don't teach them how to fish, it's not our problem. Would
you also prohibit religious and private aid organizations from helping
other countries?

Cut loose colonies? I wasn't aware that The United States had colonies
but does have a half dozen unincorporated territories with Puerto Rico
being the most contentious. I would definitely give them a choice to
gain independence but I doubt they would cut ALL ties. The U.S. would
still come to their aid if they asked regardless of their status.

Deport any immigrants? Heck, The United States is a country composed of
immigrants. Perhaps you meant illegal immigrants or those who have not
yet attained citizenship when they commit crimes? I'd have to agree with
the latter.

Make Islam illegal? Once again, you'd have to tear up The Constitution.
Even though The U.S. was founded with Judeo-Christian principles in
mind, there has been a movement away from from using those principles
to determine what should be law. I doubt Islam will take over unless
Muslims are allowed to out-breed those of other faiths which is one of
their tactics.

Spend money on xxx? America is not Europe and never will be like Europe.
Eurocentric solutions will not work for this vast country. You want to
earmark all funds to a few items and the hell with everything else? I
don't think the country would survive very long under King Harry.

I can agree about tariffs on Chinese products but you have to walk a
fine line because of retaliation. The Chinese hold a lot of American
paper and currency and they could dump it causing a great deal of chaos.
You might consider the fact that a lot of business left the
U.S. because of a lot of asinine, unreasonable government meddling,
interference, including high taxes. Business will vote with its feet
just like people will. My home town and county are good examples with
a lot of people moving away to surrounding cities and counties because
of the anti business climate plus morons in charge. A very good example
is Californiastan, what a horror show that is.

King Harry says "Off with their heads!" More and more death row inmates
are being exonerated and released. The problem with kill em quick is
it's hard to go "Oops!" when it turns out you got the wrong person. It
might be a good idea to execute politicians quick when they are
convicted of any felony. The biggest problem I have with a death penalty
is the fact that the state has unlimited resources to go after little
old Joe citizen and it seems to be more about politics than justice. Oh
there are evil humans who deserve to be put down but I think a better
punishment is to let them rot in a prison cell and later become
fertilizer. I don't know why you'd want to kill my pharmacist, he's a
nice man. There should be severe penalties for those who "knowingly"
hire illegal aliens but there must be a mechanism in place for employers
to verify the citizenship status of potential employees.
I'm not sure what you mean by withdraw the nationality of tax exiles,
perhaps you mean to revoke the citizenship of expats who live in other
countries to avoid high U.S. taxes? How will you seize their assets if
they're in another country? Won't the other country get perturbed if
you try something like that? The Belize government often tells The U.S.
IRS to **** off. King Harry wants to be a banker and mortgage company?
I'll bet that will be a model of efficiency. :-)

Well Harry, you got me. Here are the keys to the country, good luck,
I'm getting the hell out of here. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

All foriegn aid is counter-productive.
Hawaii is a colony for example. Possibly Alaska. In fact, the whole of
America come to think.
If you can push Iraq around you can do it to Belize but you won't
because the gov. is in the pockets of tax exiles. You could close
Belize down in a year with a simple embargo.
You will never get legislation agains't employers of illegals, they
are all republicans. For some reason they think it's OK to hire an
illegal Mexican, or buy Chinese goods and they are patriotic
Americans at the same time.
Hypocracy.
Re-arrange the following.
Hell to USA cart going in hand.

BeHO is supposed to have been born in Hawaii, I don't care. More and
more people are beginning to believe The American Messiah was not born
in the good old USA. What in the hell are they going to do if it turns
out Barry Soetoro is not an American citizen? Toss him out of The White
house and put Joe Biden The Mentalist in charge? You might get your wish
Harry, if we wind up with Joe President. America will be brought to its
knees and all Americans ...

read more »- Hide quoted text -

Well, you're possibly right here. But Palin sounds more likely to me
Heh, Heh.
BTW, I think I told you about visiting my epal in America. Well, all
being well, he&wife is coming to visit us this year. Times etc to be
sorted out yet. I hope to fix him a good time.
He also is a gun totin' Republican. Strange, perfectly sensible
otherwise. Keeps an AK47 in the basement. Why would a Republican
want a commie machine gun?

The American weapon is too complicated and the AK47 was designed to be
handled by the lowest common denominator, in other words, it's a bullet
proof gun. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

There is no lies your gov. won't tell to keep it's wealthy patrons
wealthy.
Republicans rob the poor to give to the rich. *They don't give a toss
about America. Only their own fat bank balances. *Bush got in by
fiddling the rsults. He started wars to help his weapon-manufacturing
friends and the Jews financing him.

Harry my friend, you're absolutely bizarre which makes you so much fun..
I'm sorry, robbing from the poor makes no sense, THEY DON'T HAVE
ANYTHING YOU CAN STEAL FROM THEM! THE POOR HAVE NOTHING! * "Sorry
children, I'm going to have to ...

read more �- Hide quoted text -

The poor in America were not poor like in say Mexico. * But what
little they had was coveted by the greedy bankers. * Mind you, I hear
some of them are now.

Heck, I'm poor and there are no bankers trying to steal from me. The
only people trying to steal from me are Democrats. :-)

TDD

You have aready been stolen from. Your gov gave tax money to the
bankers and other financial institutions. Your tax money. They will
look to you to replace it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 6:58*pm, harry wrote:
[...]

look to you to replace it.- Hide quoted text -

You further need to remember that the public has been left with all
this bad debt and the bankers left with the good debt.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
harry wrote:

Well, you're possibly right here. But Palin sounds more likely to me
Heh, Heh.
BTW, I think I told you about visiting my epal in America. Well, all
being well, he &wife is coming to visit us this year. Times etc to be
sorted out yet. I hope to fix him a good time.
He also is a gun totin' Republican. Strange, perfectly sensible
otherwise. Keeps an AK47 in the basement. Why would a Republican
want a commie machine gun?

The AK-47 (I've got one) was designed for your average illiterate commie
*******. As such, it works properly when abused and functions perfectly

when
well-treated.

Damn, that's two different types of commie guns you own. American dollars
going to the reds! It's sinful. I saw some nimlo on the Discovery channel
throw an AK into a mud puddle, work it around a bit and then he held it up
to his shoulder and popped off a few rounds to show how well they are
designed. The loose tolerances means they can work even with dirt in the
works. Our American equivalent, on the other hand, has to be "shaved every
day" (as my Israeli range instructor used to say) to insure that it works.

In an urban environment, it is superior to the AR-15 because you really
don't need to "reach out and touch someone," you just need to kill the mob
at the door.

Most people don't have to worry about "mobs at their door" but somehow, I
can imagine that you've made enough local "friends" to constitute a mob and
at least one of them will be throwing yams. (-"

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2011 9:39 PM, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message
m...
harry wrote:

[...]

Deer rifle for distance work, short-barrel 5-shot 12 gauge pump for when
they come through the door, and a 15-shot handgun for when your hands
are too full to tote a long weapon. Best protection, of course, is
discretion. When you realize you are around evil/stupid/crazy/drunk
armed people, strive to be elsewhere.

But yes, the AK-47 (and the similar looking 74 that idiot reporters
always call a 47), and the Israeli Uzi, are examples of weapons designed
for reliability under field conditions. The family of weapons that look
like M16s, not so much, although the newer ones are a lot better than
the older ones. The Chinese SKS fenceposts are fire sticks.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default .. Interesting link. OT

"aemeijers" wrote in message
On 2/17/2011 9:39 PM, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message
m...
harry wrote:

[...]

Although I have a Ruger Mini-14 and a Browning pump 12 gauge, I tend to
always go for the Browning HP 9mm or the Glock .40 pistol (although HeyBub's
shattered Glock has somewhat shattered my faith in the Glock). It gives you
the option of appearing unarmed if you so desire. Here, a neighbor calling
in to report a "man with a gun" could get you shot by responding police. As
recent events have proved, a handgun can be a pretty effective weapon
against a large crowd of people. I wish schools had enough guts to teach
kids not to run from shooters in the classroom, but to rush the shooter and
attempt to immobilize him and the gun. That's what the Secret Service is
trained to do. It's how Colin Ferguson, the LIRR shooter was stopped.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 10:18*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:
Greed is good.- Hide quoted text -

* Greed got America right where it is today. Forgotten already?-

American is good.

America is world's greatest exporterof terrorism.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 11:26*pm, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:25:12 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Keeps an AK47 in the basement. *Why would a Republican
want a commie machine gun?

The AK-47 (I've got one) was designed for your average illiterate commie
*******. As such, it works properly when abused and functions perfectly when
well-treated.

I got me a China AK-47.

Just today, the seller wants me to sell it back to him. Hell no. He
can suffer....

You are America's problem. Buying foriegn goods uneccessarily.
Don't whine abothe economy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 10:25*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

Well, you're possibly right here. *But Palin sounds more likely to me
Heh, Heh.
BTW, I think I told you about visiting my epal in America. Well, all
being well, he &wife is coming to visit us this year. *Times etc to be
sorted out yet. *I hope to fix him a good time.
He also is a gun totin' Republican. Strange, perfectly sensible
otherwise. * Keeps an AK47 in the basement. *Why would a Republican
want a commie machine gun?

The AK-47 (I've got one) was designed for your average illiterate commie
*******. As such, it works properly when abused and functions perfectly when
well-treated.

In an urban environment, it is superior to the AR-15 because you really
don't need to "reach out and touch someone," you just need to kill the mob
at the door.

And how many people have you killed?
You are full of gob****e.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 18, 2:39*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

harry wrote:

[...]

You're probably right. He's conveniently forgotten that the mob will
all have AK47s too. And he and all his family would die.
Take no advice from Jews. They are the scum of the earth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 18, 3:45*am, aemeijers wrote:
On 2/17/2011 9:39 PM, Robert Green wrote:

*wrote in message
om...
harry wrote:

[...]

aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

Sounds like you'll need to leave America then.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 18, 7:18*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message

On 2/17/2011 9:39 PM, Robert Green wrote:
*wrote in message
om...
harry wrote:

[...]

Bobby G.- Hide quoted text -

"Go for?". You ARE mad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
Greed is good.- Hide quoted text -

Greed got America right where it is today. Forgotten already?-

American is good.

America is world's greatest exporterof terrorism.

And that's a bad thing?

We brought down several South American governments by funding, equipping,
and training resistance groups.

Sadly, we never managed to depose Castro.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

You are America's problem. Buying foriegn goods uneccessarily.
Don't whine abothe economy.

By buying from foreign sources, we are improving the lives of the little
children in, for example, Sri Lanka.

Where previously these poor urchins had to forage for food from dumpsters,
now, thanks to the largess and feigned desire for the latest footware, some
fortunate few can make up to TEN CENTS per hour!

NIKE! They're for the children!

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Although I have a Ruger Mini-14 and a Browning pump 12 gauge, I tend
to always go for the Browning HP 9mm or the Glock .40 pistol
(although HeyBub's shattered Glock has somewhat shattered my faith
in the Glock). It gives you the option of appearing unarmed if you
so desire. Here, a neighbor calling in to report a "man with a gun"
could get you shot by responding police. As recent events have
proved, a handgun can be a pretty effective weapon against a large
crowd of people. I wish schools had enough guts to teach kids not to
run from shooters in the classroom, but to rush the shooter and
attempt to immobilize him and the gun. That's what the Secret
Service is trained to do. It's how Colin Ferguson, the LIRR shooter
was stopped.

--
Bobby G.- Hide quoted text -

"Go for?". You ARE mad.

Uh, no. Rushing the "position" or the shooter is the universal tactic of
every army the world has ever known. It's been proven by experience over
thousands of years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

And how many people have you killed?
You are full of gob****e.

I've killed some. But not nearly enough.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think the government would rather have the
sheeple of the USA be quivering in fear, rather
than courageously defending themselves. If
we all defended ourselves, we'd not need the
government. And some day the Govt may need
to relocate us all to concentration camps.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Robert Green"
wrote in message

Here, a neighbor calling in to report a "man with a
gun" could get you shot by responding police. As
recent events have proved, a handgun can be a pretty
effective weapon against a large crowd of people. I
wish schools had enough guts to teach kids not to
run from shooters in the classroom, but to rush the
shooter and attempt to immobilize him and the gun.
That's what the Secret Service is trained to do. It's
how Colin Ferguson, the LIRR shooter was stopped.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

We can't have that, in the modern United Wimps of
America. Got to cower and call 911 and have the
governement take care of it. Lets just hope that the
government isn't the source of the problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Uh, no. Rushing the "position" or the shooter is
the universal tactic of every army the world has
ever known. It's been proven by experience over
thousands of years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, hold the yams. It's zucchini season.

"I yam, as I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor.
"I zucchini as I zucchini." -- Popeye's Wife.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Robert Green" wrote in message

In an urban environment, it is superior to the AR-15
because you really
don't need to "reach out and touch someone," you just need
to kill the mob
at the door.

Most people don't have to worry about "mobs at their door"
but somehow, I
can imagine that you've made enough local "friends" to
constitute a mob and
at least one of them will be throwing yams. (-"

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Keeps an AK47 in the basement. *Why would a Republican
want a commie machine gun?

The AK-47 (I've got one) was designed for your average illiterate commie
*******. As such, it works properly when abused and functions perfectly when
well-treated.

I got me a China AK-47.

Just today, the seller wants me to sell it back to him. Hell no. He
can suffer....

You are America's problem. Buying foriegn goods uneccessarily.

No I'm not. I'm not a politician, see. If I can get just a few
"commie" weapons off the street and keep 'em out of the hands of the
government -- it may save the life of a child.

I note you have Chinese companies listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Is your foreign trade with China necessary?

Don't whine abothe economy.

Why would I? I can trade guns for dollars, sell some for dollars and
buy some back for dollars. It helps the economy. See harry?

Stop being ****ed off, because you're not an American.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 06:52:44 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"Go for?". You ARE mad.

Uh, no. Rushing the "position" or the shooter is the universal tactic of
every army the world has ever known. It's been proven by experience over
thousands of years.

Maybe harry thinks people should still fight like Napoleon Bonaparte.
Stand there in a sharp dressed line and get shot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 08:50:49 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Hey, hold the yams. It's zucchini season.

Don't yams need cool weather? And zucchini need warm weather so the
flowers blossom?

Never mind...
Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"HeyBub" wrote

Sadly, we never managed to depose Castro.

The sanctions are in place. Any day now he will be begging for mercy.
We'll show him!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:24:57 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

?
"HeyBub" wrote

Sadly, we never managed to depose Castro.

The sanctions are in place. Any day now he will be begging for mercy.
We'll show him!

Castro would have been gone long ago had laws not been passed to
prevent the assignation of foreign dignitaries.

Might have kept the price of sugar down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default .. Interesting link. (Viva Fidel.... NOT)

Right. We can't make foriegn dignitaries asses. Which is
what ass-ig-nation would have done.

If we'd had open trade, his opressed peoples might have seen
how badly they have it, and over thrown. Enough of them try
to boat their way here.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:24:57 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

?
"HeyBub" wrote

Sadly, we never managed to depose Castro.

The sanctions are in place. Any day now he will be begging
for mercy.
We'll show him!

Castro would have been gone long ago had laws not been
passed to
prevent the assignation of foreign dignitaries.

Might have kept the price of sugar down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On Feb 18, 12:47 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

You are America's problem. Buying foriegn goods uneccessarily.
Don't whine abothe economy.

By buying from foreign sources, we are improving the lives of the
little children in, for example, Sri Lanka.

Where previously these poor urchins had to forage for food from
dumpsters, now, thanks to the largess and feigned desire for the
latest footware, some fortunate few can make up to TEN CENTS per
hour!

NIKE! They're for the children!

And the ones in Viet Nam and Gaza?

Oh, same thing in Viet Nam.

**** the ones in Gaza.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:27:39 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Right. We can't make foriegn dignitaries asses. Which is
what ass-ig-nation would have done.

I meant as·seas·sit·mate, you knew that. Damn spew cheekier..

If we'd had open trade, his opressed peoples might have seen
how badly they have it, and over thrown. Enough of them try
to boat their way here.

You can still buy a '53 Chevy in Havana.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Stop being ****ed off, because you're not an American.- Hide quoted text -

Being American is possibly the worst possible fate, the most hated
nation in the world except possibly for Israel.
You have to feel sorry for Canadians. They sound like Americans and
have to wear maple leafs to show they are not.

Trading guns is evil. I f you were buying and destroying them, that
would be good.

Trading doesn't help the economy. Manufacturing helps the economy.
Trading and greed is what got America into the present troubles.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 18, 10:24*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
?
"HeyBub" wrote

Sadly, we never managed to depose Castro.

The sanctions are in place. *Any day now he will be begging for mercy.
We'll show him!

Well he has defied you for near fity years. You can't get it into your
thick heads that you can't defeat people with tanks guns and aircraft.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Trading doesn't help the economy. Manufacturing helps the economy.
Trading and greed is what got America into the present troubles.

Adam Smith settled the notion of trade creating wealth in the late 18th
century in his book, "An Inquiry into the Wealth of Nations."

You really should keep up.

Besides, if manufacturing is the end-all, what is a person, company, or a
nation to DO with the stuff that is manufactured?

Sometimes I think you failed lunch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Go for?". You ARE mad.

Uh, no. Rushing the "position" or the shooter is the universal tactic of
every army the world has ever known. It's been proven by experience over
thousands of years.

Maybe harry thinks people should still fight like Napoleon Bonaparte.
Stand there in a sharp dressed line and get shot.

Those red coats are so pretty all lined up, shoulder to shoulder, in the
middle of the field.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:57:04 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:

On Feb 18, 3:45*am, aemeijers wrote:
On 2/17/2011 9:39 PM, Robert Green wrote:

*wrote in message
om...
harry wrote:

[...]

Don't worry, harry. We never expect you to make any sense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message news:md-
harry wrote:

stuff snipped

As recent events have
proved, a handgun can be a pretty effective weapon against a large
crowd of people. I wish schools had enough guts to teach kids not to
run from shooters in the classroom, but to rush the shooter and
attempt to immobilize him and the gun. That's what the Secret
Service is trained to do. It's how Colin Ferguson, the LIRR shooter
was stopped.

--
Bobby G.

"Go for?". You ARE mad.

Uh, no. Rushing the "position" or the shooter is the universal tactic of
every army the world has ever known. It's been proven by experience over
thousands of years.

Quite true. Just ask the ghost of Sgt. Alvin York. His Medal of Honor
citation reads:

After his platoon suffered heavy casualties and 3 other noncommissioned
officers had become casualties, Cpl. York assumed command. Fearlessly
leading 7 men, he charged with great daring a machine gun nest which was
pouring deadly and incessant fire upon his platoon. In this heroic feat the
machine gun nest was taken, together with 4 officers and 128 men and several
guns.

I just can't help but wonder how many kids could have been saved at Virginia
Tech if they had been drilled to rush the shooter, not pile up at doors that
he had chained locked beforehand. I personally would rather die being shot
trying to disarm the shooter to save myself and others rather than in the
back trying to run away from a bullet traveling at a speed that even the
faster runner can't outrun.

The VA tech students ended up doing the absolute worst thing you can do in
that situation: piling up in one place with their backs to the shooter - it
makes an incredibly easy target. Rushing the shooter and presenting him with
fast moving, approaching targets from multiple directions that are capable
of seizing his weapon is the best course of action. The shooter should
never had time to reload. To react properly requires training which sadly
would not be politically possible and won't be until perhaps the fourth or
fifth such massacre, and maybe not even then.

Sometimes, though, people do the right thing, even if they pay the ultimate
price. For instance, the heroes of flight 93 ("let's roll") died rushing
the cockpit and overwhelming the terrorists. Yes, they all died, but they
saved countless other people on the ground with their sacrifice.

http://www.unitedheroes.com/

http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/fligh...passengers.htm

--
Bobby G.

OT Interesting link. UK and USA harry Home Repair 0 July 31st 10 08:35 AM
OT Another interesting link. harry Home Repair 1 June 22nd 10 04:29 AM
OT interesting link harry Home Repair 0 June 21st 10 05:16 PM
OT but another interesting link Stuart Fields Metalworking 18 February 11th 09 06:35 PM
Interesting Link mhyk Electronics Repair 1 July 14th 05 08:27 PM