Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default .. Interesting link. OT

harry wrote:

Although I have a Ruger Mini-14 and a Browning pump 12 gauge, I tend
to always go for the Browning HP 9mm or the Glock .40 pistol
(although HeyBub's shattered Glock has somewhat shattered my faith
in the Glock). It gives you the option of appearing unarmed if you
so desire. Here, a neighbor calling in to report a "man with a gun"
could get you shot by responding police. As recent events have
proved, a handgun can be a pretty effective weapon against a large
crowd of people. I wish schools had enough guts to teach kids not to
run from shooters in the classroom, but to rush the shooter and
attempt to immobilize him and the gun. That's what the Secret
Service is trained to do. It's how Colin Ferguson, the LIRR shooter
was stopped.

--
Bobby G.- Hide quoted text -

"Go for?". You ARE mad.

Uh, no. Rushing the "position" or the shooter is the universal tactic of
every army the world has ever known. It's been proven by experience over
thousands of years.