Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Fed income tax forms

Is it true that the IRS will not be mailing out tax forms (including
address labels) this year?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

---MIKE--- wrote:
Is it true that the IRS will not be mailing out tax forms (including
address labels) this year?

I got a postcard in the mail. Details he

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...228162,00.html

Individual and business taxpayers will no longer receive paper income
tax packages in the mail from the IRS. These tax packages contained
the forms, schedules and instructions for filing a paper income tax return.

The IRS is taking this step because of the continued growth in electronic
filing and the availability of free options to taxpayers, as well as to help
reduce costs.

In early October, the IRS sent a postcard to individuals who filed paper
returns last year and did not use a tax preparer or tax software. The
information explains how to get the tax forms and instructions they need
for filing their tax year 2010 return. The forms and instructions will be
available in early January 2011.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 08:36:38 -0500, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

---MIKE--- wrote:
[...]

Well I guess we are too late. Early January is over.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2011 7:36 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
---MIKE--- wrote:
Is it true that the IRS will not be mailing out tax forms (including
address labels) this year?

Yes, it's true. You can continue to get copies of the forms and
instructions from libraries, post offices, and local tax offices. You
can also go to the IRS website and print copies for yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:17:33 -0500, Tony Sivori
wrote:

You can also go to the IRS website and print copies for yourself.

Why use your own paper and ink when the IRS should provide taxpayers with
free forms?

A lot of people have no use for blank forms. So they won't be using
their own paper or ink.

They fill out the forms on the computer and print them only after
that, a copy the IRS can't provide.

I've tried to get the IRS to send me the forms already filled out but
they claim they don't know my deductions, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Jan 27, 7:18*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
Is it true that the IRS will not be mailing out tax forms (including
address labels) this year?

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

According to the IRS website, one can e-file free if their AGI is less
that $58k. But companies that provide the free e-filing require you
upload your data to them online. Now uploading personal data,
including SS numbers, to online businesses gives me a lot of
heartburn. I've been hacked before, so how do I know that "Peggy" is
not at the receiving end of my uploads?? I will continue to do my
filing manually and send them via USPS. Besides, e-filing just makes
IRS workers jobs easier so why not make them work for what they get
from me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2011 8:18 AM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
Is it true that the IRS will not be mailing out tax forms (including
address labels) this year?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I guess the really sad part is why we still allow all of this.

Replace it all (including weasel "nuisance" taxes on phone service and
the like) with a consumption based flat tax with exemptions for basic
necessities just like sales taxes are applied.

No tedious forms or reporting required. And the more you spend the more
you pay. What could be fairer?
Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"George" wrote
No tedious forms or reporting required. And the more you spend the more
you pay. What could be fairer?

The people writing the tax code don't want fairness. Most of the electorate
don't know what fairness is, they just want the burden shifted to others.

If the government (no matter what form, local, state, federal) want to
increase a tax on the citizens, they scream and yell. Then that government
says "we'll tax businesses", we all give a sigh of relief since those big
businesses will pay the tax, not us. Then we wonder why prices go up. I
think the deficit should be made up by taxing haircuts. Put a $10 tax on
every barber visit. Not having been to a barber in the past 5 years, it is
a fair tax to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

think the deficit should be made up by taxing haircuts. Put a $10 tax on
every barber visit. Not having been to a barber in the past 5 years, it is
a fair tax to me.

So I guess you have a Flowbee?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:55:09 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

?
"George" wrote
No tedious forms or reporting required. And the more you spend the more
you pay. What could be fairer?

The people writing the tax code don't want fairness. Most of the electorate
don't know what fairness is, they just want the burden shifted to others.

But Obummer doesn't want to increase federal revenue he wants it to be "fair".

If the government (no matter what form, local, state, federal) want to
increase a tax on the citizens, they scream and yell. Then that government
says "we'll tax businesses", we all give a sigh of relief since those big
businesses will pay the tax, not us. Then we wonder why prices go up. I
think the deficit should be made up by taxing haircuts. Put a $10 tax on
every barber visit. Not having been to a barber in the past 5 years, it is
a fair tax to me.

That's a *lot* of haircuts!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2011 1:37 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
"Ed wrote:

think the deficit should be made up by taxing haircuts. Put a $10 tax on
every barber visit. Not having been to a barber in the past 5 years, it is
a fair tax to me.

So I guess you have a Flowbee?

I think it should be made up by taxing the hell out of razors and
neckties, personally. The world would be better off without them anyway.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed wrote:

think the deficit should be made up by taxing haircuts. Put a $10 tax on
every barber visit. Not having been to a barber in the past 5 years, it is
a fair tax to me.

So I guess you have a Flowbee?

I think it should be made up by taxing the hell out of razors and
neckties, personally. The world would be better off without them anyway.

And there is the fallacy of leftists' concept of taxation: statics. They'd
rather raise tax on business, making that a thing of the past too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed wrote:

think the deficit should be made up by taxing haircuts. Put a $10 tax
on
every barber visit. Not having been to a barber in the past 5 years, it
is a fair tax to me.

So I guess you have a Flowbee?

I think it should be made up by taxing the hell out of razors and
neckties, personally. The world would be better off without them anyway.

I've only worn a necktie once. For about 2 seconds, just long enough to get
it off. I don't like the feeling of being strangled.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"If God wants us to do a thing, He should make his wishes sufficiently
clear. Sensible people will wait till He has done this before paying
much attention to Him." -- Samuel Butler
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed wrote:

think the deficit should be made up by taxing haircuts. Put a $10 tax
on
every barber visit. Not having been to a barber in the past 5 years, it
is a fair tax to me.

So I guess you have a Flowbee?

I think it should be made up by taxing the hell out of razors and
neckties, personally. The world would be better off without them anyway.

I've only worn a necktie once. For about 2 seconds, just long enough to get
it off. I don't like the feeling of being strangled.

I quit wearing ties at work when the last ex-military boss that insisted
on it, retired. Past 15 years or so, I'll only put one on for weddings,
funerals, job interviews, and court. And it is off and stuffed in my
jacket pocket before the exit door has finished closing.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"aemeijers" wrote
I quit wearing ties at work when the last ex-military boss that insisted
on it, retired. Past 15 years or so, I'll only put one on for weddings,
funerals, job interviews, and court. And it is off and stuffed in my
jacket pocket before the exit door has finished closing.

Used to be that sales people wore suites and ties. Even some bankers are
not wearing them these days. I wore one every day for many years and I'm
glad those days are gone. Standard attire in our office in summer is shorts
and t shirts and that includes the president.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 20:18:11 -0800 (PST), Red
wrote:

On Jan 27, 7:18*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
Is it true that the IRS will not be mailing out tax forms (including
address labels) this year?

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

According to the IRS website, one can e-file free if their AGI is less
that $58k. But companies that provide the free e-filing require you
upload your data to them online. Now uploading personal data,
including SS numbers, to online businesses gives me a lot of
heartburn. I've been hacked before, so how do I know that "Peggy" is

Peggy? Do you mean the big burly woman who handles credit card
complaints but just lets the phone ring or puts everyeone on hold?

She seems to lazy to do that, but her husband Chip handles about half
the work and he seems just the type.

not at the receiving end of my uploads?? I will continue to do my
filing manually and send them via USPS. Besides, e-filing just makes
IRS workers jobs easier so why not make them work for what they get
from me.

???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/30/2011 8:41 AM, George wrote:
On 1/29/2011 9:55 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
?
"George" wrote
No tedious forms or reporting required. And the more you spend the
more you pay. What could be fairer?

The people writing the tax code don't want fairness. Most of the
electorate don't know what fairness is, they just want the burden
shifted to others.

If the government (no matter what form, local, state, federal) want to
increase a tax on the citizens, they scream and yell. Then that
government says "we'll tax businesses", we all give a sigh of relief
since those big businesses will pay the tax, not us. Then we wonder why
prices go up. I think the deficit should be made up by taxing haircuts.
Put a $10 tax on every barber visit. Not having been to a barber in the
past 5 years, it is a fair tax to me.

As you said lots of folks like to think "others" are paying. I always
have to laugh when everyone goes gaga about about how much their
congressman *brought in* to their district. "I am running for reelection
and I want you to remember *I* brought $500 million into the district
last year.." neglecting to note that we paid $1 billion (or more) in.
Tony Soprano would love to be doing as well.

A favorite pet peeve of mine- they act like money from DC is Mana from
heaven. One of many sins committed by Richard Nixon- the modern era of
'revenue sharing' (really, deficit sharing) started on his watch, and he
got the states and large cities hooked on it like crack. Taxes that pay
for local services should be collected and spent locally, not via
Washington DC, with their 20% off the top.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Jan 30, 5:22*am, mm wrote:

..

not at the receiving end of my uploads?? *I will continue to do my
filing manually and send them via USPS. *Besides, e-filing just makes
IRS workers jobs easier so why not make them work for what they get
from me.

???

Data entry. Conversion from paper to digital. Especially if you are
sloppy enough where a scanner has problems reading it.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:44:14 -0800 (PST), Red
wrote:

On Jan 30, 5:22*am, mm wrote:

.

not at the receiving end of my uploads?? *I will continue to do my
filing manually and send them via USPS. *Besides, e-filing just makes
IRS workers jobs easier so why not make them work for what they get
from me.

???

Data entry. Conversion from paper to digital. Especially if you are
sloppy enough where a scanner has problems reading it.

What I meant was, "???, What a silly thing to do, to try to waste the
IRS's time." Making someone's job harder doesn't make them work
harder. It just takes them longer to do it, which means if they work
for the govt. taxpayers have to hire more people or wait longer for
the work to get done.

You waste a little of everyone's money if you go out of your way to
make it harder for the IRS.