Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Duplicate Census Forms

Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

--
"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens
constantly."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

--
"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens
constantly."

Bad programming at the big census server farm in the sky. (well, in
Jeffersonville, IN, just north of Louisville...) When you are slicing
and dicing data from multiple sources, like they did to build the
address database, you are supposed to scrub it for dupes. In your case,
the algorithm apparently did not recognize it as a dupe. Any differences
at all in the structures of the printed names, street names, addresses,
or zip suffix?

Same basic explanation as to why you sometimes get duplicate junk mail
from the same mailing house.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:19:00 -0800, Oren wrote:

Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

Could be a Census mistake, or for some reason they may believe there
may be an apartment or other dwelling at the same address. Use one
form if you have a singles domicile at your address.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 20, 9:19*pm, Oren wrote:
Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. *Clues, beside the obvious?

--
"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens
constantly."

They will be sending census takers out to all the homes that doesn't
send their forms back. Just fill out one form and see if they show up
at your house later to check on why the other was not filled out.

Or you might want to fill out one form and send both back with a note
of explanation that you were sent two.

David
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

Lucky you. Fill them both out and you'll get two representatives in
Congress.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I got one today. It asks for my S/S number ????? The COPS now have it.

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:24:26 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

Lucky you. Fill them both out and you'll get two representatives in
Congress.

I was thinking the same thing, actually. Might as well double-up and
get my monies worth? For what that is worth in dollars?

If I don't complete both forms they may want to put me in jail ...
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:19:00 -0800, Oren wrote:

Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

They didn't use to do that. But I think they found it increases the
percentage of returns, and saves them from sending people in person.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

No better guesses than others.

You should fill out one form, and mark the other one, Second form sant
to same address, and send both back together.

They'll only put half of you in jail if you don't return one form.
Posted to alt.home.repair

They'll only put half of you in jail if you don't return one form.

That sounds painful.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Anyone know what's legally permitted to ask? I remember from
school that the goal is to count the people, so they can
move the congressional districts around and properly
represent the people. Other than the number of people living
at the residence, what other informatiin is legally
required?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message
Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the
form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact
forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each
envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she
asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

--
"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens,
it happens
constantly."

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:14:42 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Anyone know what's legally permitted to ask? I remember from
school that the goal is to count the people, so they can
move the congressional districts around and properly
represent the people. Other than the number of people living
at the residence, what other informatiin is legally
required?

there are only 10 questions this year. There is no long form. I
probably have the form in my mail downstairs, but I haven't looked at
Friday's mail yet.

There is an ongoing survey, the name of which I forget, that ask loads
of questions, that goes to 1 or 2 percent of homes, something like
that, which they use for lots of worthwhile reasons like planning for
future needed govt. services. There isn't much that is not permitted
to ask. You don't have to answer any but the 10 questions on the
actual census form, I think.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Anyone know what's legally permitted to ask? I remember from
school that the goal is to count the people, so they can
move the congressional districts around and properly
represent the people. Other than the number of people living
at the residence, what other informatiin is legally
required?

That can get into a long argument into what is Constitutional vs.
what is legal. The nosy nannies think they need to know and control
everything. For our own good, of course.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/20/2010 11:30 PM, Jerry - OHIO wrote:
I got one today. It asks for my S/S number ????? The COPS now have it.

Jerry

BS
http://2010.census.gov/2010census/ho...t-the-form.php
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/20/2010 11:40 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:24:26 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

Lucky you. Fill them both out and you'll get two representatives in
Congress.

I was thinking the same thing, actually. Might as well double-up and
get my monies worth? For what that is worth in dollars?

If I don't complete both forms they may want to put me in jail ...

Probably fill both with same info and send in. If you only do one
you'll probably get a visit for the other and if you try to contact them
about them sending you 2 forms it will probably cost you a lot of time
as you get drawn into the bureaucratic morass.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Anyone know what's legally permitted to ask? I remember from
school that the goal is to count the people, so they can
move the congressional districts around and properly
represent the people. Other than the number of people living
at the residence, what other informatiin is legally
required?

The constitutional requirement is to count noses, nothing more. But
Congress did pass a law at some point, allowing them to ask all sorts of
other questions. For Our Own Good, of course, so they could properly
pass out all the 'free' federal money that never should have been
collected in the first place. A favorite pet peeve of mine- they steal
our money, then give some back, minus their cut of course, and they have
the sheeple so well conditioned that they are grateful to get it. Most
of the stuff the feds give aid money to state and local governments for,
should have been financed at the local level in the first place. (And if
the people that benefit from a service are not willing to pay for it,
well, maybe it shouldn't happen?)

Making such a high percentage of the tax money flow through Washington
is nothing but a power grab, making state and local governments close to
irrelevant. Getting all that keen demographic data from the census
process may make their job easier, but much of what they ask for is none
of their damn business.

And on a pragmatic side rant, as we approach April 15- since the power
grab by Washington is long since a fait accompli, why do we still need
to file multiple tax returns? (especially since many states and
localities now require duplicates of some of the federal forms with
their returns.) Close to 2/3 of all returns are now e-filed, either
directly or through a commercial preparer. Just have one big computer in
the sky, and dole out the money based on address of the filer. For the
logo of this new system, I suggest the taxman and his ax-man sidekick
from the 'Hagar the Horrible' comic strip.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
On 3/20/2010 11:30 PM, Jerry - OHIO wrote:
I got one today. It asks for my S/S number ????? The COPS now have it.

Jerry

BS
http://2010.census.gov/2010census/ho...t-the-form.php

Mebbe he got a fake from somebody trying to do a mass ID theft. Wonder
what the return address on the envelope was? The local cops would be
clueless as to what to do about it. But if he wasn't BS'ing, and
actually did get a fake form, I'm sure Census Bureau and Postal
Inspectors would love to see it.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

--
"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens
constantly."

Yeah, and this is the same federal government that is going to be
running health care if we can't stop Nancy and her crowd from sticking
it to us...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

--
"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens
constantly."

They are trying to count about 300 million people.
**** happens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:24:26 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote
Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

Lucky you. Fill them both out and you'll get two representatives in
Congress.

I was thinking the same thing, actually. Might as well double-up and
get my monies worth? For what that is worth in dollars?

If I don't complete both forms they may want to put me in jail ...

NO jail.
But maybe a little work for a temp worker.
Send them both back in on envelope with a note.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Oren wrote:
Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

Could be since there are duplicate bar codes it's the QA form mailed at
the same time that should have been mailed later. If that's it, it's a
statistical sampling designed to check consistency of responses over a
small subsample.

Alternatively, if you're really interested, you could try the hotline...

If you have questions about the questionnaire, call the Telephone
Questionnaire Assistance center at one of the numbers listed below. The
phone lines will be open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (your local time) seven
days a week from February 25, 2010 through July 30, 2010.

* English 1-866-872-6868

or go to www.2010census.gov and see if their's a FAQ that answers the
specific question...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just fill one out and mail it. Disregard the duplicates. That way
they can send an army of census-takers to your doorstep to grill you
on the ones that didn't get submitted. :^}

RonB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 7:14*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Anyone know what's legally permitted to ask? I remember from
school that the goal is to count the people, so they can
move the congressional districts around and properly
represent the people. Other than the number of people living
at the residence, what other informatiin is legally
required?

Doesn't matter. The hype, regarding invasive questioning that
circulated the internet was mostly horse-s**t. The form looks large
when you pull it from the information but as Jack Webb used to say it
is "Just the facts Ma'm." The reason it looks long is they have
repetitive blanks for additional folks in a household.

I was loaded for bear when I saw the envelope. When I opened it it
was like "Well, crap, is this it?" Took about two minutes to
complete.

Of course Glen Beck will spend fifteen hours telling us about the
clandestine reasons for the questions on the longer form that very few
among us will receive. In fact he could spend ten hours complaining
about the one that says "how many folks live here?"

RonB
RonB

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Oren" wrote

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

Lucky you. Fill them both out and you'll get two representatives in
Congress.

Now why on earth would we want *more* members of Congress? Aren't the ones
we have now causing enough problems?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

dpb wrote:

Could be since there are duplicate bar codes it's the QA form mailed at
the same time that should have been mailed later. ....

Dangit, meant _different_ bar codes.

The Census web site FAQ indicates that's how they do tell duplicates
apart in the consistency response duplicate mailing sample so is at
least a possible explanation altho I'm sure those aren't supposed to be
mailed/received at same time but as a subsequent (on the hope you'll
have forgotten how you answered before if you were deliberately
misleading??? ).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:19:00 -0800, Oren wrote:

Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

More ACORN fraud? When are these criminals going to be shut down for good??

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

They didn't use to do that. But I think they found it increases the
percentage of returns, and saves them from sending people in person.

The Census Bureau said last time they used the warning letters and got six
percent more completed forms returned, and each one percent in the return
rate represents 85 million dollars they don't have to spend on door-to-door
census takers. It's the same method that advertisers and survey companies
use, and if you've ever been tagged for an Arbitron radio audience survey
you know what I mean (they mail and phone half a dozen times to make sure
you're really filling out the survey and returning it). Of course duplicate
letters and forms is obviously something else, a glitch in the database.

BTW, is a waist of postage a chubby mailman? ;~)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message

The constitutional requirement is to count noses, nothing more. But
Congress did pass a law at some point, allowing them to ask all sorts of
other questions. For Our Own Good, of course, so they could properly pass
out all the 'free' federal money that never should have been collected in
the first place. A favorite pet peeve of mine- they steal our money, then
give some back, minus their cut of course, and they have the sheeple so
well conditioned that they are grateful to get it.

You might be happier someplace that doesn't have intrusive and expensive
government telling everyone what to do. Try Somalia, they've really
stripped away excess government there, it's as free a free market as you're
ever going to find.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman wrote in
:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Anyone know what's legally permitted to ask? I remember from
school that the goal is to count the people, so they can
move the congressional districts around and properly
represent the people. Other than the number of people living
at the residence, what other informatiin is legally
required?

That can get into a long argument into what is Constitutional vs.
what is legal. The nosy nannies think they need to know and control
everything. For our own good, of course.

all that is Constitutionally authorized is a body count.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote in
:

On 3/20/2010 11:40 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:24:26 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

Lucky you. Fill them both out and you'll get two representatives in
Congress.

I was thinking the same thing, actually. Might as well double-up and
get my monies worth? For what that is worth in dollars?

commit mail fraud? not a good idea.

If I don't complete both forms they may want to put me in jail ...

Probably fill both with same info and send in. If you only do one
you'll probably get a visit for the other and if you try to contact them
about them sending you 2 forms it will probably cost you a lot of time
as you get drawn into the bureaucratic morass.

the envelope has a barcode on it that the gov't uses to track it's progress
thru the postal system,so that if it gets lost,another is sent out;

evidently,the USPS lost it,then after a new form was on it's way,found the
first one and delivered it. Typical USPS.

(and some want the same gov't to run healthcare....)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote in
:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Anyone know what's legally permitted to ask? I remember from
school that the goal is to count the people, so they can
move the congressional districts around and properly
represent the people. Other than the number of people living
at the residence, what other informatiin is legally
required?

The constitutional requirement is to count noses, nothing more. But
Congress did pass a law at some point, allowing them to ask all sorts of
other questions. For Our Own Good, of course, so they could properly
pass out all the 'free' federal money that never should have been
collected in the first place. A favorite pet peeve of mine- they steal
our money, then give some back, minus their cut of course, and they have
the sheeple so well conditioned that they are grateful to get it.

Being able to "hand out money" is power. that's what it's about.
more bureaucracy means less freedom.

Most
of the stuff the feds give aid money to state and local governments for,
should have been financed at the local level in the first place. (And if
the people that benefit from a service are not willing to pay for it,
well, maybe it shouldn't happen?)

OTOH,kinda hard to build Interstate highways when a few states say no to
their part.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

Dean Hoffman wrote in
:

all that is Constitutionally authorized is a body count.

Technically the only thing that is Constitutionally REQUIRED is a body
count. There is no language forbidding anything else.

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
(snip)

Most
of the stuff the feds give aid money to state and local governments for,
should have been financed at the local level in the first place. (And if
the people that benefit from a service are not willing to pay for it,
well, maybe it shouldn't happen?)

OTOH,kinda hard to build Interstate highways when a few states say no to
their part.

Exceptions like that are why I said 'most'. Although there have been
some glorious fubars in the execution, not to mention lotsa
pork-barreling in the routing and picking of contractors, Ike's Autobahn
system has been one of the few federally-driven major projects that has
worked pretty well. (Although without it, Walmart likely never would
have made it out of Arkansas...)

This is way OT already, so I'll pass on commenting on the pork passed
out to cities and quasi-governmental agencies for 'redevelopment'.
(Well, one little comment- I've been in this town almost 30 years, and
the old downtown, and the old rich parts of town that have been slums
for sixty years, have been continuously executing federally-assisted
'redevelopment' plans since I got here. Get a clue, folks- it ain't
working.)

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

DGDevin wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Oren" wrote

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked
the same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

Lucky you. Fill them both out and you'll get two representatives in
Congress.

Now why on earth would we want *more* members of Congress? Aren't
the ones we have now causing enough problems?

The number of congress-critters won't change, but the amount each state has
will. Texas is projected to pick up FOUR representatives, while other states
lose one or two.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:19:00 -0800, Oren wrote:

Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

I found the reason, I think. (sample)

One form is addressed for 1234 Maple St.

The second form is addressed for 1234 S Maple St.

There is no 'South Maple St."

I'll speak to the postal person as to how I send the wrong addressed
form back or just shred it :-/

Here is a sample of the form.

pdf:

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/pd...naire_Info.pdf

Good Luck!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 9:51*am, aemeijers wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

We agree: Each of us should build our own roads, we don't need police,
the CIA/FBI, or the army, agencies such as the FCC, the Air safety
people and Air Traffic Control, and the FDA are unnecessary. If
planes crash or food is tainted or the sausages made of of horse
manure, what the heck! It's our own business what we eat!
It's our job to look after ourselves. For example; by owing guns we
are all in the 'The militia'. And responsible for our own
defence.Right? All this nonsense about border patrols/control .......
a lot of bunk!
We don't need better government control of the financial system,
banks, investment/finance/insurance companies etc.
Leave that to other countries, because even if their economies are
recovering better and more quickly, following the credit crisis that
our financial system caused, it would be 'socialistic' and Un-American
to do so. Europe and Asia can do what they like, we don't care.The
fact that China had an 8% growth of GDP last year is meaningless and
since Wal mart alone buys much of the goods we buy from China, from
flowerpots to lawnmowers to packaged biscuits, that's free enterprise
and the American way. We should be allowed to continue our high
unemployment as long as we wish.
The fact that we have some 40 million people without proper health
care doesn't matter. Although other countries have done it
differently for the last 50 years or so. and their citizens, on
average, live longer that in the US. That drug costs are three to five
times higher than elsewhere is not true?????
Viva America.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

Dean Hoffman wrote in
:

all that is Constitutionally authorized is a body count.

Technically the only thing that is Constitutionally REQUIRED is a body
count. There is no language forbidding anything else.

Except maybe the 10th Amendment.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 8:18*am, Michael Dobony wrote:
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:19:00 -0800, Oren wrote:
Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist (waste)of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. *Clues, beside the obvious?

More ACORN fraud? When are these criminals going to be shut down for good??

They're not "criminals". They did such good work registering low-
income voters'
(Democrats) that the other side set up a sting to make people like you
(and the
frrightened whores in Congress) over-react.

The same sting artists approached other ACORN offices and were turned
away.
Why this women bit, still remains to be ascertained. What IS known
is that
the tape was doctored. No surprise.

Mission accomplished : A hard-working, grass-roots organization that
registered mostly Democrats is put out of business by the Republican
mad-dogs.

For the record: I am an Independent, and I look behind the scenes
at every crazed rumor that hits the media.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 20, 6:19*pm, Oren wrote:
Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. *Clues, beside the obvious?

--
"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens
constantly."

Because they know about your multiple personalities G

Posted to alt.home.repair

terry wrote:
(snip)

[...]

Lord love a duck, that ain't what I said, and you know it. There are
worthwhile federal programs, and long-haul roads used for interstate
commerce and national defense, FDA, ATC, etc, fall in that category. I
was complaining about how the local-level programs that depend on 'free'
money from Washington, are largely a joke. If a local-level program is
worthwhile, it should be financed locally, and Washington should never
see that money in the first place.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman wrote in
:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

Dean Hoffman wrote in
:

all that is Constitutionally authorized is a body count.

Technically the only thing that is Constitutionally REQUIRED is a
body
count. There is no language forbidding anything else.

the government only has what powers the Constitution authorizes it to have.
That's the concept of "limited government" that Obama and the
"progressives"(communists) are so hot to destroy.