Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Forms are woodworking

I know, this is not woodwork. Although the forming is.
Actually, more people are turning to concrete patio that wood deck to
minimize the aged wood issues.
john

Attached Thumbnails
Forms are woodworking-sue-pathway-imgp6582-jpg  Forms are woodworking-sue-work-forms-imgp6574-jpg  Forms are woodworking-sue-after-imgp6580-jpg  Forms are woodworking-sue-before-imgp6546-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
I know, this is not woodwork. Although the forming is.
Actually, more people are turning to concrete patio that wood deck to
minimize the aged wood issues.

What's the comparison in costs and installation time?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Cheaper. Faster.
I do like wooden decks though. I love them.
I do not really like this theme and color here....
That is a clients choice.
I could do much better but this was a "quick" patio, and no frills.
john
"Upscale" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
I know, this is not woodwork. Although the forming is.
Actually, more people are turning to concrete patio that wood deck to
minimize the aged wood issues.

What's the comparison in costs and installation time?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
I know, this is not woodwork. Although the forming is.
Actually, more people are turning to concrete patio that wood deck to
minimize the aged wood issues.
john

I like the stamped/stone look. I'd take a patio over a deck any time.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jloomis wrote:

I know, this is not woodwork. Although the forming is.
Actually, more people are turning to concrete patio that wood deck to
minimize the aged wood issues.
john

Agree with your later statement -- the patio does seem somewhat out of
place with the house. That does not diminish the work required to make the
forms and the curves -- very good work.

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
Cheaper. Faster.
I do like wooden decks though. I love them.
I do not really like this theme and color here....
That is a clients choice.
I could do much better but this was a "quick" patio, and no frills.
john

Looks pretty cool but if they lived in the South where it gets HOT the
concrete would absorbe heat and radiate heat, wood not so much.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice job. I especially like the choice of stamp. Gives the house a
great organic feel. My kinda house. It for sale?

Just did similar to my mother's house last month, although much
smaller scale. We had planned a deck but a patio is so much lower
maintenance and cheaper, faster to install. She was apprehensive
before install and loved it after completion.

Her neighbor got pavers last year and are sorry they did after seeing
how great the textured crete came out. Next year we erect a small
fence for privacy. This housing area is an adjoining two-house deal,
so everyone has one real close neighbor.

`Casper

I know, this is not woodwork. Although the forming is.
Actually, more people are turning to concrete patio that wood deck to
minimize the aged wood issues.
john

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I would have:
Taken the old rock steps out.
Built a "Trex deck with pressure treat under floor joisting system" near the
patio door.
Then provide nice stairs down to a decorator patio.
I also would choos a lighter color....
I would not go with the dark grey look.

You have to build what the customer wants, and if they give in a bit.....
They get a much better product end result.......
I wished the lady would have let me do some design work but she was livid
with keeping the old rock stair look......... and choosing a dove grey
color.
john
"Leon" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
Cheaper. Faster.
I do like wooden decks though. I love them.
I do not really like this theme and color here....
That is a clients choice.
I could do much better but this was a "quick" patio, and no frills.
john

Looks pretty cool but if they lived in the South where it gets HOT the
concrete would absorbe heat and radiate heat, wood not so much.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

this is stencil concrete.
I would have liked to give her more design input but she wanted one
thing....
Grey Patio and keep the old stone steps.....
I did exactly what was wanted of the customer, and would have had more fun
and a better project if I could have designed it............
john
news