Posted to alt.home.repair

Default concrete or composite forms?

Looking to add a sloping concrete pad or form in front of a door. Looking
at perhaps 3x3' or 4x4' size. Are such forms available and where? Could
have sworn I've seen them at Home Depot, etc but I get nothing but premade
steps in their searches.

Thanks,
John

Posted to alt.home.repair

John Larson wrote:
Looking to add a sloping concrete pad or form in front of a door. Looking
at perhaps 3x3' or 4x4' size. Are such forms available and where? Could
have sworn I've seen them at Home Depot, etc but I get nothing but premade
steps in their searches.

Check with an HVAC supplier.
Concrete pads for HVAC units are readily available.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 11:28*am, "John Larson" wrote:
Looking to add a sloping concrete pad or form in front of a door. *Looking
at perhaps 3x3' or 4x4' size. *Are such forms available and where? *Could
have sworn I've seen them at Home Depot, etc but I get nothing but premade
steps in their searches.

Forms? Yeah, they're called 2x4s. Nail some 1x4s on the inside at
the correct height and slope and you now have screeds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RB" wrote in message
John Larson wrote:
Looking to add a sloping concrete pad or form in front of a door.
Looking at perhaps 3x3' or 4x4' size. Are such forms available and
where? Could have sworn I've seen them at Home Depot, etc but I get
nothing but premade steps in their searches.

Check with an HVAC supplier.
Concrete pads for HVAC units are readily available.

John, I am glad that RB figured that one out because you had me confused.

The AC pads are pretty thin because there isn't much weight on them. I
question if it will last.

A couple of 2x4's, a wheelbarrow full course gravel and about 8-80# bags of
premix will do the job for you.

The pavers that they sell at HD with a treated wood frame is another choice.
I would lay those up on a gravel base. I would set them in a bed of mortar
for maximum durability. Doing it that way no frame would be required.

--
Colbyt