Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT Fed income tax forms

On 1/30/2011 8:41 AM, George wrote:
On 1/29/2011 9:55 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
?
"George" wrote
No tedious forms or reporting required. And the more you spend the
more you pay. What could be fairer?

The people writing the tax code don't want fairness. Most of the
electorate don't know what fairness is, they just want the burden
shifted to others.

If the government (no matter what form, local, state, federal) want to
increase a tax on the citizens, they scream and yell. Then that
government says "we'll tax businesses", we all give a sigh of relief
since those big businesses will pay the tax, not us. Then we wonder why
prices go up. I think the deficit should be made up by taxing haircuts.
Put a $10 tax on every barber visit. Not having been to a barber in the
past 5 years, it is a fair tax to me.

As you said lots of folks like to think "others" are paying. I always
have to laugh when everyone goes gaga about about how much their
congressman *brought in* to their district. "I am running for reelection
and I want you to remember *I* brought $500 million into the district
last year.." neglecting to note that we paid $1 billion (or more) in.
Tony Soprano would love to be doing as well.

A favorite pet peeve of mine- they act like money from DC is Mana from
heaven. One of many sins committed by Richard Nixon- the modern era of
'revenue sharing' (really, deficit sharing) started on his watch, and he
got the states and large cities hooked on it like crack. Taxes that pay
for local services should be collected and spent locally, not via
Washington DC, with their 20% off the top.

--
aem sends...