Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete forms - need pictures

My father says he had some aluminum/concrete forms that were stolen
(long story). He wants me to tell the police that they were indeed on
the property. The problem is that I have no idea what these look like.
I saw all sorts of building material but I don't know the names of any
of it. I tried doing a Google image search for "concrete forms" but
came up with several different varying pictures. Could someone please
direct me to some pictures of aluminum/concrete forms.

While we're on this topic, could someone tell me whether these
aluminum/concrete forms are generally more expensive than I-beams?
Those were stolen too but at least I found pictures of them through
Google.

Thanks to anyone who can help
Mike S.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 2, 9:40*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 19:28:16 -0700 (PDT), "Mike S."

wrote:
My father says he had some aluminum/concrete forms that were stolen
(long story). He wants me to tell the police that they were indeed on
the property. The problem is that I have no idea what these look like.
I saw all sorts of building material but I don't know the names of any
of it. I tried doing a Google image search for "concrete forms" but
came up with several different varying pictures. Could someone please
direct me to some pictures of aluminum/concrete forms.

While we're on this topic, could someone tell me whether these
aluminum/concrete forms are generally more expensive than I-beams?
Those were stolen too but at least I found pictures of them through
Google.

Thanks to anyone who can help
Mike S.

I imagine the cops wanted pictures of HIS forms and hope there is some
unique marking they can use to identify them,
Unfortunately, I bet those forms are already at a scrap yard, crushed
into a big brick, ready to be loaded on a truck or train car.
I was looking for some bed rails and tried our scrap yard, thinking
they must get them from scrappers who pick them up on trash day.
Nope, the yard manager said if they had them they would already be
crushed. I watched his operation for a few minutes and I see what he
means. Nothing sits around long before it is sorted, bricked up and
ready to ship to China. Fred Sanford was replaced by a scrap metal
factory. It's the way they can make a lot of money handling things
that are worth pennies a pound.

Sorry, my fault for not properly explaining myself. I don't know what
aluminum/concrete forms look like. I need to see pictures of them so I
know whether or not I saw them on my father's property. If I saw them
then I can tell the police that, if I didn't see them then there's
nothing to say.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike S." wrote in message
My father says he had some aluminum/concrete forms that were stolen
(long story). He wants me to tell the police that they were indeed on
the property. The problem is that I have no idea what these look like.
I saw all sorts of building material but I don't know the names of any
of it. I tried doing a Google image search for "concrete forms" but
came up with several different varying pictures. Could someone please
direct me to some pictures of aluminum/concrete forms.

While we're on this topic, could someone tell me whether these
aluminum/concrete forms are generally more expensive than I-beams?
Those were stolen too but at least I found pictures of them through
Google.

Thanks to anyone who can help
Mike S.

There is more than one kind of form. You might ask your father which type
he owned. Here is a link to images of the major styles:

http://images.google.com/images?um=1..._rfai=&start=0

There is some similarity of design in all of them but the interlocking
mechanisms would be different for footers and basement walls.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Mike S. wrote:

Sorry, my fault for not properly explaining myself. I don't know what
aluminum/concrete forms look like. I need to see pictures of them so I
know whether or not I saw them on my father's property. If I saw them
then I can tell the police that, if I didn't see them then there's
nothing to say.

Well, depends...were they curb/guttering forms, basement wall forms, ...???

Interesting your father can't tell you what they looked like well enough
for you to grok what he's talking about?

Posted to alt.home.repair

DT wrote:

-snip-

Forms for what? Sidewalks? Stairs? Basement walls? Garden planters?
Plus, we do a fair amount of concrete work and I have never seen an
aluminum form, just steel or wood.

You must be a youngster. I avoid concrete work whenever possible and
I've seen loads of aluminum forms.

And it isn't old technology as far as I can tell. I googled
aluminum concrete forms
[actually as soon as I completed 'concrete' Google suggested 'forms']

Loads of manufacturers out there.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

DanG wrote:
It is pretty simple to Google "aluminum concrete forms"

One popular model is made by Symons:
http://www.symons.com/products/symsilvr.htm

Another popular one has a brick pattern on the form surface:
http://concrete-forms.com/product.aspx?lng=en&ID=101

They will probably be wall forms of some type. I've not ever seen
aluminum curb or edge forms. This means they will be about 8-9'
long and 2-4' wide, though other sizes are certainly available.
You mention I beams and aluminum forms, sounds like stuff for
pouring basements, so I assume the tall panels.

Puzzled why the cops would want a deposition from a relative that
apparently doesn't even live there, or have enough first-hand knowledge
to describe the items off the top of his head. Not that cops work real
hard on matching recovered stolen goods with the owners anyway, in most
cases. (In this part of the country, it usually goes straight to the
auction, even if the owners name is printed right on it. And funny how
the Really Nice stuff never seems to make it as far as the auction.)

I smell an insurance company in here somewhere.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
news

Puzzled why the cops would want a deposition from a relative that
apparently doesn't even live there, or have enough first-hand knowledge to
describe the items off the top of his head. Not that cops work real hard
on matching recovered stolen goods with the owners anyway, in most cases.
(In this part of the country, it usually goes straight to the auction,
even if the owners name is printed right on it. And funny how the Really
Nice stuff never seems to make it as far as the auction.)

I smell an insurance company in here somewhere.

--
aem sends...

Insurance companies do have a specific odor if you have ever dealt with them
on a claim. Some might say it smells like manure.

Most times they won't even kiss you first.