Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Honeywell digital thermostat

I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

--
LSMFT

Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"LSMFT" wrote in message
I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees. I
guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

Has it settled down from when you installed it? It can still be reading
body heat if you were handling it. Honeywell makes some of the best on the
market. Anything can be defective though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 26, 1:32*pm, LSMFT wrote:
I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

--
LSMFT

Its got a calibration mode, no its not crap. Nothing like that is ever
100% on when you get it. Did you know a good Humidistat is supposed to
be calibrated every 6-12 months.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/26/2010 1:32 PM, LSMFT wrote:
I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

You can change that. It's all in the installation manual. Is it a
vision pro?

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:
I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

Hmmm,
Another case of RTFM?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote:
On 12/26/2010 1:32 PM, LSMFT wrote:
I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

You can change that. It's all in the installation manual. Is it a vision
pro?

Listen to all these know-it-alls. It's a RTH111 'NON_PROGRAMMABLE'
thermostat. Says that right on the fracking manual.

--
LSMFT

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 27, 9:37*am, LSMFT wrote:

snip

Listen to all these know-it-alls. *It's a RTH111 *'NON_PROGRAMMABLE'
thermostat. Says that right on the fracking manual.

So does non programmable mean non calibratable?

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 26, 4:25*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hmmm,
Another case of RTFM?

Nope. If you read another branch of this thread, he finally reveals
it's a "non-programmable" thermostat.

I guess you were supposed to read his mind, cuz he's all ****ed off at
everyone that tried to offer help.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27, 1:19*pm, wrote:
On Dec 26, 4:25*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hmmm,
Another case of RTFM?

Nope. If you read another branch of this thread, he finally reveals
it's a "non-programmable" thermostat.

I guess you were supposed to read his mind, cuz he's all ****ed off at
everyone that tried to offer help.

He should have said non-programmable in the OP!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote:
On Dec 27, 9:37 am, wrote:

snip

Listen to all these know-it-alls. It's a RTH111 'NON_PROGRAMMABLE'
thermostat. Says that right on the fracking manual.

So does non programmable mean non calibratable?

Joe

Evidently, no calibration instruction either.

--
LSMFT

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , LSMFT
wrote:

I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

Since you didn't pose a question, I guess you're just venting. But the
only people that like their houses at 80 degrees are 80 yr. old women.
Why are you on a.h.r., grandma?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27 2010, 10:33*pm, LSMFT wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:
On Dec 27, 1:19 pm, wrote:
On Dec 26, 4:25 pm, Tony *wrote:

Hmmm,
Another case of RTFM?

Nope. If you read another branch of this thread, he finally reveals
it's a "non-programmable" thermostat.

I guess you were supposed to read his mind, cuz he's all ****ed off at
everyone that tried to offer help.

He should have said non-programmable in the OP!!!!

What does that have to do with the temperature indicator?

--
LSMFT

So, sounds like it's defective and you need to send it back. It
happens occasionally. I've had 2 Honeywell VisionPros and they've
been excellent. You can pick them up on Ebay at reasonable prices
and they are 5X better than the typical programmable. Features like
vacation hold, where you can tell it to hold the current temp until
1,,2,3, 30 days from today and then resume the program at the time of
your choice on that day. And adpative recovery, where you set it to
return to normal temp for setback at 7AM and it figures out how much
earlier to fire the
system up.