DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New Honeywell digital thermostat (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/316018-new-honeywell-digital-thermostat.html)

LSMFT December 26th 10 07:32 PM

New Honeywell digital thermostat

I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

--
LSMFT

Ed Pawlowski[_2_] December 26th 10 07:35 PM

New Honeywell digital thermostat

?
"LSMFT" wrote in message
I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees. I
guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

Has it settled down from when you installed it? It can still be reading
body heat if you were handling it. Honeywell makes some of the best on the
market. Anything can be defective though.

ransley[_2_] December 26th 10 07:48 PM

On Dec 26, 1:32*pm, LSMFT wrote:
I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

--
LSMFT

Its got a calibration mode, no its not crap. Nothing like that is ever
100% on when you get it. Did you know a good Humidistat is supposed to
be calibrated every 6-12 months.

Steve Barker[_6_] December 26th 10 08:27 PM

On 12/26/2010 1:32 PM, LSMFT wrote:
I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

You can change that. It's all in the installation manual. Is it a
vision pro?

--
Steve Barker

Tony Hwang December 26th 10 09:25 PM

LSMFT wrote:
I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

Hmmm,
Another case of RTFM?

LSMFT December 27th 10 03:37 PM

Steve Barker wrote:
On 12/26/2010 1:32 PM, LSMFT wrote:
I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

You can change that. It's all in the installation manual. Is it a vision
pro?

Listen to all these know-it-alls. It's a RTH111 'NON_PROGRAMMABLE'
thermostat. Says that right on the fracking manual.

--
LSMFT

Joe December 27th 10 06:51 PM

New Honeywell digital thermostat

On Dec 27, 9:37*am, LSMFT wrote:

snip

Listen to all these know-it-alls. *It's a RTH111 *'NON_PROGRAMMABLE'
thermostat. Says that right on the fracking manual.

So does non programmable mean non calibratable?

Joe

[email protected] December 27th 10 07:19 PM

New Honeywell digital thermostat

On Dec 26, 4:25*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hmmm,
Another case of RTFM?

Nope. If you read another branch of this thread, he finally reveals
it's a "non-programmable" thermostat.

I guess you were supposed to read his mind, cuz he's all ****ed off at
everyone that tried to offer help.

hr(bob) [email protected] December 27th 10 08:22 PM

On Dec 27, 1:19*pm, wrote:
On Dec 26, 4:25*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hmmm,
Another case of RTFM?

Nope. If you read another branch of this thread, he finally reveals
it's a "non-programmable" thermostat.

I guess you were supposed to read his mind, cuz he's all ****ed off at
everyone that tried to offer help.

He should have said non-programmable in the OP!!!!

LSMFT December 27th 10 10:42 PM

New Honeywell digital thermostat

Joe wrote:
On Dec 27, 9:37 am, wrote:

snip

Listen to all these know-it-alls. It's a RTH111 'NON_PROGRAMMABLE'
thermostat. Says that right on the fracking manual.

So does non programmable mean non calibratable?

Joe

Evidently, no calibration instruction either.

--
LSMFT

LSMFT December 28th 10 03:33 AM

hr(bob) wrote:
On Dec 27, 1:19 pm, wrote:
On Dec 26, 4:25 pm, Tony wrote:

Hmmm,
Another case of RTFM?

Nope. If you read another branch of this thread, he finally reveals
it's a "non-programmable" thermostat.

I guess you were supposed to read his mind, cuz he's all ****ed off at
everyone that tried to offer help.

He should have said non-programmable in the OP!!!!

What does that have to do with the temperature indicator?

--
LSMFT

Smitty Two January 4th 11 05:18 PM

New Honeywell digital thermostat

In article , LSMFT
wrote:

I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make
crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80
degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75
degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees.
I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.

Since you didn't pose a question, I guess you're just venting. But the
only people that like their houses at 80 degrees are 80 yr. old women.
Why are you on a.h.r., grandma?

[email protected] January 4th 11 06:44 PM

On Dec 27 2010, 10:33*pm, LSMFT wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:
On Dec 27, 1:19 pm, wrote:
On Dec 26, 4:25 pm, Tony *wrote:

Hmmm,
Another case of RTFM?

Nope. If you read another branch of this thread, he finally reveals
it's a "non-programmable" thermostat.

I guess you were supposed to read his mind, cuz he's all ****ed off at
everyone that tried to offer help.

He should have said non-programmable in the OP!!!!

What does that have to do with the temperature indicator?

--
LSMFT

So, sounds like it's defective and you need to send it back. It
happens occasionally. I've had 2 Honeywell VisionPros and they've
been excellent. You can pick them up on Ebay at reasonable prices
and they are 5X better than the typical programmable. Features like
vacation hold, where you can tell it to hold the current temp until
1,,2,3, 30 days from today and then resume the program at the time of
your choice on that day. And adpative recovery, where you set it to
return to normal temp for setback at 7AM and it figures out how much
earlier to fire the
system up.