Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic windshield cleaner (golf cart)

My golf cart plastic windshield has fog like streaks on both sides, in
different areas.
I used Novus plastic clean and shine, and vinegar and water; neither
helped. I never used Windex or a similar product with or without
alcohol.
Any products/ideas come to mind???
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default another thought

I used to buff up a plastic watch lens with tooth paste.
Abrasive is mild and fine enough not to scratch plastic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 19, 3:55*pm, wrote:
My golf cart plastic windshield has fog like streaks on both sides, in
different areas.
I used Novus plastic clean and shine, and vinegar and water; neither
helped. I never used Windex or a similar product with or without
alcohol.
Any products/ideas come to mind???

A picture is worth a thousand words here...

You could have damaged the coating on the plastic during
your "cleaning" attempts...

It could be something that can be buffed out with the right
compound or it could be something that has chemically
reacted with the coating and is now permanent...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 19, 2:55*pm, wrote:
My golf cart plastic windshield has fog like streaks on both sides, in
different areas.
I used Novus plastic clean and shine, and vinegar and water; neither
helped. I never used Windex or a similar product with or without
alcohol.
Any products/ideas come to mind???

Pick up some convertible plastic rear window cleaner at any autobody
supply store.

Joe