Posted to alt.home.repair
G Mulcaster G Mulcaster is offline

Default Plastic windshield cleaner (golf cart)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:55:50 -0500, wrote:

My golf cart plastic windshield has fog like streaks on both sides, in
different areas.
I used Novus plastic clean and shine, and vinegar and water; neither
helped. I never used Windex or a similar product with or without
alcohol.
Any products/ideas come to mind???

Motorcyclists with their plastic (lexan) windscreens will tell you
to use Lemon Pledge. Pledge will also fill in minor imperfections; it
may help with your streaks.

Paper towels should not be used. Instead, use cotton rags which will
not abrade the plastic. I use old T shirts.

Avoid glass cleaners. Some types will damage plastic.

Motorcycle shops have various formulations available for windscreens;
however, they are expensive.

I have been using Pledge for years on my bikes.

Gary