Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT The real reason for the Gulf oil spill.

America is desperate for oil.
In the past those danged Arabs needed to sell their oil to America
because you were the only customers available. They've got used to a
high old lifestyle.
They don't want to sell you their oil, they'd like to support the
Palestinians. They'd like to throw you out of their countries. It's
what their public wants. But that was all in the past.

Nowadays as they get a bit more democratic, what their public wants
becomes more important. Just, there was no alternative.
But now there is an alternative. China and India will buy their oil.
They don't actually need to deal with the infidel West any more. They
can buy industrial products from China and India. Cars, even nuclear
weapons.

So, America is very shortly going to be cut out of the loop.
That is why the desperate drilling operations are going on in the Gulf
today. And why there will be a new diaspora. A deserved diaspora.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline for
your car.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 27, 9:03*am, "John Gilmer" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline for
your car.

As Doug recently said to me, "Don't feed the trolls". This skunk just
starts one OT thread after another.
Posted to alt.home.repair

John Gilmer wrote the following:
"harry" wrote in message

America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline for
your car.

Did you mean 'desperate or 'disparate'?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2010 2:45 AM, harry wrote:
America is desperate for oil.

Maybe this will help you since you can't seem to figure out this is a
home repair newsgroup and not the proper venue for your daily
pronouncements:

http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Blog

"A "blog", an abbreviated word for weblog, is a web-based journal in
which people can publish their thoughts and opinions on the Internet. It
is everyone's home on the world wide web and probably their number one
venting venue. Anyone can start a blog. It's straight-forward and, in a
lot of cases, free."

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"John Gilmer" wrote in message
net...

"harry" wrote in message
America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline
for your car.

Well, paying $10.00 per gallon is for many people no big deal. If you are
now paying $3.33 per gallon it is 3 times today's price, if you are paying
$5.00 per gallon it is double today's price.

This is a big increase and you think that no one will accept it? Well think
again! I used to pay $0.39 cents per Canadian gallon which was 1/5 larger
than the US gallon, I am now paying close to $1.00 per liter, which is about
$4.50 per Canadian gallon, which is over 11 times the old price, and the
cost is going up again next week.

If you think back you will recall when gas was cheap, and now people accept
the current price because they have no choice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline
for your car.

Well, paying $10.00 per gallon is for many people no big deal. If you are
now paying $3.33 per gallon it is 3 times today's price, if you are paying
$5.00 per gallon it is double today's price.

This is a big increase and you think that no one will accept it? Well think
again! I used to pay $0.39 cents per Canadian gallon which was 1/5 larger
than the US gallon, I am now paying close to $1.00 per liter, which is about
$4.50 per Canadian gallon, which is over 11 times the old price, and the
cost is going up again next week.

If you think back you will recall when gas was cheap, and now people accept
the current price because they have no choice.

10 bucks a gallon will cause another economic dump. people will buy
gas cause they have no choice, and cut discretionary spending.

thus killing whats left of the economy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2010 3:19 PM EXT spake thus:

"harry" wrote in message

America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline
for your car.

Well, paying $10.00 per gallon is for many people no big deal. If you are
now paying $3.33 per gallon it is 3 times today's price, if you are paying
$5.00 per gallon it is double today's price.

This is a big increase and you think that no one will accept it? Well think
again! I used to pay $0.39 cents per Canadian gallon which was 1/5 larger
than the US gallon, I am now paying close to $1.00 per liter, which is about
$4.50 per Canadian gallon, which is over 11 times the old price, and the
cost is going up again next week.

If you think back you will recall when gas was cheap, and now people accept
the current price because they have no choice.

Translation: The oil companies have us by the balls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:19:13 -0400, "EXT" wrote:

"John Gilmer" wrote in message
lnet...

"harry" wrote in message
America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline
for your car.

Well, paying $10.00 per gallon is for many people no big deal.

For many, no. OTOH, for most it will be a disaster.

If you are
now paying $3.33 per gallon it is 3 times today's price, if you are paying
$5.00 per gallon it is double today's price.

You can multiply. Will wonders never cease?

This is a big increase and you think that no one will accept it? Well think
again! I used to pay $0.39 cents per Canadian gallon which was 1/5 larger
than the US gallon, I am now paying close to $1.00 per liter, which is about
$4.50 per Canadian gallon, which is over 11 times the old price, and the

Wrong. Try looking at the historical price of gasoline, adjusted for
inflation.

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html

cost is going up again next week.

A little, for another week. Typically gas prices increase some during the
summer and then settle back down by September. This year won't be any
different. Gasoline supplies are not constrained at all.

If you think back you will recall when gas was cheap, and now people accept
the current price because they have no choice.

Gas is cheap *now*. If gasoline cost twice what it does now, in real terms,
the economy would completely tank.

BTW, Gas here just went above $2.50/gal. Two weeks ago it was $2.34. It's
the week before Jul 4, historically the largest demand week, so prices are up
a bit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Translation: The oil companies have us by the balls.

Translation: We GAVE the oil companies our balls. Sorta hypocritical to
now complain when they squeeze them. We've known since at the very least
the early 70s that this was coming and did less than nothing.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2010 6:12 PM Kurt Ullman spake thus:

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Translation: The oil companies have us by the balls.

Translation: We GAVE the oil companies our balls. Sorta hypocritical to
now complain when they squeeze them. We've known since at the very least
the early 70s that this was coming and did less than nothing.

Yep, no argument there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 26, 11:45*pm, harry wrote:
[...]

You’re half right. Yes there is a desperation and it’s due to the
unchecked increase in the population of the world. The irony is that
the people who are the least able to cope with such an increase are
the third world countries who are contributing the most to the
increase.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:03:28 -0400, "John Gilmer"
wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline for
your car.

Another flaw with the network tv news is that it has started using
"desperate for" where all that is meant is "wants". It may have
picked it up from the general population, and other parts of the
public may be picking it up from them. But the news writers and
editors and readers work from a written script andthey should review
what they are saying in advance, and use words correctly.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:18:34 -0500, "
wrote:

BTW, Gas here just went above $2.50/gal. Two weeks ago it was $2.34. It's
the week before Jul 4, historically the largest demand week, so prices are up
a bit.

I've heard the Canadians don't even celebrate July 4th. I don't know
why. Isn't it a world-wide holiday?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 27, 2:03*pm, "John Gilmer" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline for
your car.

Not when this recession ends. It cost's me the same to get from A to
B. We have better cars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline for
your car.

As Doug recently said to me, "Don't feed the trolls". *This skunk just
starts one OT thread after another.

Skunk your self. You're reading my trolls presumably because you find
them interesting. I bring an alternative viewpoint.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

thus killing whats left of the economy- Hide quoted text -

Why is that? We've been paying these prices for years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 2:12*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
*David Nebenzahl wrote:

Translation: The oil companies have us by the balls.

*Translation: We GAVE the oil companies our balls. Sorta hypocritical to
now complain when they squeeze them. We've known since at the very least
the early 70s that this was coming and did less than nothing.

--
* I want to find a voracious, small-minded predator
and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

You're right!
Bush robbed the poor to give to the rich! ( His friends.)
It baffles me how any working class American can vote Republican. Do
they think if they vote republican they somehow will become rich?
The rich become rich & then they pull the bridge up after them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 5:02*am, Molly Brown wrote:
On Jun 26, 11:45*pm, harry wrote:

[...]

increase.- Hide quoted text -

Exactly so. They will overflow into the first world and overwhelm
us. (eg Mexicans in your case)
The world's over-population is sustained by cheap fossil fuels. (And
American religious nuuter)
When fuel becomes scarce and expensive, they're all gonna die. Soon
now. It will be violent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline for
your car.

Another flaw with the network tv news is that it has started using
"desperate for" where all that is meant is "wants". *It may have
picked it up from the general population, and other parts of the
public may be picking it up from them. *But the news writers and
editors and readers work from a written script andthey *should review
what they are saying in advance, and use words correctly.

Think on the difference between "wants" and "needs"

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

BTW, Gas here just went above $2.50/gal. *Two weeks ago it was $2.34. *It's
the week before Jul 4, historically the largest demand week, so prices are up
a bit.

I've heard the Canadians don't even celebrate July 4th. *I don't know
why. Isn't it a world-wide holiday?

It probably is within the world you know.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

wrote:

BTW, Gas here just went above $2.50/gal. Two weeks ago it was $2.34.
It's
the week before Jul 4, historically the largest demand week, so prices are
up
a bit.

I've heard the Canadians don't even celebrate July 4th. I don't know
why. Isn't it a world-wide holiday?

Canadians are ahead of Americans, they celebrate July 1st.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
America is desperate for oil.

Well, oil is still WAY below $100/bl.

We are "desparate" when you are happy to pay, say, $10/gal for gasoline
for your car.

Well, paying $10.00 per gallon is for many people no big deal. If you are
now paying $3.33 per gallon it is 3 times today's price, if you are paying
$5.00 per gallon it is double today's price.

This is a big increase and you think that no one will accept it? Well think
again! I used to pay $0.39 cents per Canadian gallon which was 1/5 larger
than the US gallon, I am now paying close to $1.00 per liter, which is about
$4.50 per Canadian gallon, which is over 11 times the old price, and the
cost is going up again next week.

If you think back you will recall when gas was cheap, and now people accept
the current price because they have no choice.

On the other hand, back 1981 when I was driving a 1974
Chevy Impala that got about 8 gallons per mile, gas was
$1.35 a gallon, and I was making 20% of what I'm making
now, gas was pretty expensive. It takes a much smaller
bite from my paycheck to go 100 miles in my Toyota
Matrix now than it did in my Impala in 1981.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

*David Nebenzahl wrote:

Translation: The oil companies have us by the balls.

*Translation: We GAVE the oil companies our balls. Sorta hypocritical to
now complain when they squeeze them. We've known since at the very least
the early 70s that this was coming and did less than nothing.

--
* I want to find a voracious, small-minded predator
and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

You're right!
Bush robbed the poor to give to the rich! ( His friends.)
It baffles me how any working class American can vote Republican. *Do
they think if they vote republican they somehow will become rich?

The think the Republicans will make everything like a fantasy of the
1950s. Every home will be like "The Donna Reed Show".

It's not about money. It's about the dream, when crime happened
elsewhere, people were nice, and a home-cooked meal was
served every night.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly Brown wrote:

You’re half right. Yes there is a desperation and it’s due to the
unchecked increase in the population of the world. The irony is that
the people who are the least able to cope with such an increase are
the third world countries who are contributing the most to the
increase.

But the folks in third-world countries don't live very long, so it averages
out. One person in American living to 80 is equivalent to four people in
Somalia living to the ripe age of twenty.

Still, at a population density of Hong Kong, the entire world's population
would fit in West Virginia.

That thought is indeed ghastly (the West Virginia part).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 8:41*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Molly Brown wrote:

You re half right. Yes there is a desperation and it s due to the
unchecked increase in the population of the world. The irony is that
the people who are the least able to cope with such an increase are
the third world countries who are contributing the most to the
increase.

But the folks in third-world countries don't live very long, so it averages
out. One person in American living to 80 is equivalent to four people in
Somalia living to the ripe age of twenty.

Still, at a population density of Hong Kong, the entire world's population
would fit in West Virginia.

That thought is indeed ghastly (the West Virginia part).

That life expectancy statistic you got there is misleading. It is
derived from the number, from the moment of birth when they are most
vulnerable which skews the bell curve to a much lower age. Infant
mortality however is easily compensated for by vigorous breeding.
Posted to alt.home.repair

if you drive a gasoline powdered car (esp if it isn't a tiny one getting
50 mpg).

never/rarely use mass transit

live in an air conditioned house.

Travel by plane

bitch at the cost of gasoline/heating oil/airline tickets

play with gas powered boats, ATVs etc.

then you are part of the problem no matter what your political party.
By your actions you 'forced' the need/desire/greed necessary to get you
your gasoline/energy.

Windmills etc will not cut it, but even still, if YOU don't have a
windmill for added power, you are still just part of the problem, not
part of the solution.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 6:13*pm, Paul Oman wrote:
if you drive a gasoline powdered car (esp if it isn't a tiny one getting
50 mpg).

never/rarely use mass transit

live in an air conditioned house.

Travel by plane

bitch at the cost of gasoline/heating oil/airline tickets

play with gas powered boats, ATVs etc.

then you are part of the problem * no matter what your political party. *
By your actions *you 'forced' the need/desire/greed necessary to get you
your gasoline/energy.

Windmills etc will not cut it, but even still, if YOU don't have a
windmill for added power, you are still just part of the problem, not
part of the solution.

Can't fault that..............
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 1:13*pm, Paul Oman wrote:
if you drive a gasoline powdered car (esp if it isn't a tiny one getting
50 mpg).

never/rarely use mass transit

live in an air conditioned house.

Travel by plane

bitch at the cost of gasoline/heating oil/airline tickets

play with gas powered boats, ATVs etc.

then you are part of the problem * no matter what your political party. *
By your actions *you 'forced' the need/desire/greed necessary to get you
your gasoline/energy.

Windmills etc will not cut it, but even still, if YOU don't have a
windmill for added power, you are still just part of the problem, not
part of the solution.

Why on earth did you decide to reply to MY post with this screed?

Well, I'll pretend for just a moment that you didn't select it at
random.

I have no children. That's the gift to the planet that keeps on
giving.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly Brown wrote:

But the folks in third-world countries don't live very long, so it
averages out. One person in American living to 80 is equivalent to
four people in Somalia living to the ripe age of twenty.

Still, at a population density of Hong Kong, the entire world's
population would fit in West Virginia.

That thought is indeed ghastly (the West Virginia part).

That life expectancy statistic you got there is misleading. It is
derived from the number, from the moment of birth when they are most
vulnerable which skews the bell curve to a much lower age. Infant
mortality however is easily compensated for by vigorous breeding.

Admittedly I just plucked a number from the air, but it sounds close. And
you're right about infant mortality. Still, babies don't need the resources
teen-agers require in many benighted areas. Things like ganja-weed and
AK-47s.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Paul Oman wrote in
m:

if you drive a gasoline powdered car (esp if it isn't a tiny one getting
50 mpg).

never/rarely use mass transit

live in an air conditioned house.

AC is Not powered by petro products.
Petro is rarely used to generate electric power.
Now,an air conditioned CAR/vehicle is another matter....

Travel by plane

bitch at the cost of gasoline/heating oil/airline tickets

play with gas powered boats, ATVs etc.

then you are part of the problem no matter what your political party.
By your actions you 'forced' the need/desire/greed necessary to get you
your gasoline/energy.

Windmills etc will not cut it, but even still, if YOU don't have a
windmill for added power, you are still just part of the problem, not
part of the solution.

Wind,solar,or geothermal will not power our motor vehicles,aircraft or run
our military machine.
It will not replace electricity made by oil,coal or nuclear.
(coal = 50% of US electric,nuclear ~20%,for a total of over 70% of US
electric)

IMO,the anti-"Big Oil",anti-drilling folks should cease using any private
transpo powered by petro(gas,diesel,or NG) and use only public
transpo,bicycle,or walk.

Let THEM show us how it's done,before we have to do it.
Let THEM set the "example".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

BTW, Gas here just went above $2.50/gal. Two weeks ago it was $2.34. It's
the week before Jul 4, historically the largest demand week, so prices are up
a bit.

I've heard the Canadians don't even celebrate July 4th. I don't know
why. Isn't it a world-wide holiday?

The Canuckistani economy is rather linked to the US economy. When fuel is in
high demand on this side of the borDER, its price goes up on the other side,
necessarily. I guess it's not surprising that elementary economics had to be
explained to you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:15:27 -0400, "EXT" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

BTW, Gas here just went above $2.50/gal. Two weeks ago it was $2.34.
It's
the week before Jul 4, historically the largest demand week, so prices are
up
a bit.

I've heard the Canadians don't even celebrate July 4th. I don't know
why. Isn't it a world-wide holiday?

Canadians are ahead of Americans, they celebrate July 1st.

Ah, so it's all their fault!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:50:33 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown
wrote:

On Jun 28, 8:41*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Molly Brown wrote:

[...]

Right. Two who live to eighty won't have nearly as many offspring as eight
who live to twenty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/28/2010 9:44 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Jun 28, 2:42 am, wrote:
On Jun 28, 2:12 am, Kurt wrote:

In ers.com,
David wrote:

[...]

Well, the Democrats want all of us to live in tents at a commune,
except, of course, the elite who will live in castles and dachas.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/28/2010 2:05 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Jun 28, 1:13 pm, Paul wrote:
[...]

I have no children that I know of. There are people who thank their
chosen deity every day for that. Besides, my doctor told me that I
can no longer have children, he said they contain too much sugar and
I might choke on the small bones.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/28/2010 10:41 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Molly Brown wrote:

You’re half right. Yes there is a desperation and it’s due to the
unchecked increase in the population of the world. The irony is that
the people who are the least able to cope with such an increase are
the third world countries who are contributing the most to the
increase.

But the folks in third-world countries don't live very long, so it averages
out. One person in American living to 80 is equivalent to four people in
Somalia living to the ripe age of twenty.

Still, at a population density of Hong Kong, the entire world's population
would fit in West Virginia.

That thought is indeed ghastly (the West Virginia part).

Theoretically, they should evolve faster but it's not working. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 29, 5:12*am, frag wrote:
"EXT" wrote ctanews.com:

.. .
wrote:

BTW, Gas here just went above $2.50/gal. *Two weeks ago it was $2.34..
It's
the week before Jul 4, historically the largest demand week, so
prices are up
a bit.

I've heard the Canadians don't even celebrate July 4th. *I don't know
why. Isn't it a world-wide holiday?

Canadians are ahead of Americans, they celebrate July 1st.

Canadians are Americans,too.- Hide quoted text -

I call you lot USAians...............
Canadians are better people They have a Queen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
frag wrote:

Canadians are ahead of Americans, they celebrate July 1st.

Canadians are Americans,too.

They are NORTH Americans. Subtle but distinct difference.