Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.bizarre

Default Verizon Charging for Local (Landline)Calls

Hello,

Verizon wants to charge me, by the minute, for local, landline calls.
Does anyone else have that problem?
Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.bizarre

On Jun 22, 5:39*pm, harry wrote:
Hello,

Verizon wants to charge me, by the minute, for local, landline calls.
Does anyone else have that problem?

? What is their justification? Is this a sudden change? Were you
alerted by one of those enclosed small-type notices that nobody reads?
What was your previous situation with them? How long did it last?
Or did you just sign up with them for phone?

Interested, so please post details.
Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.bizarre

harry wrote:

Verizon wants to charge me, by the minute, for local, landline
calls. Does anyone else have that problem?

I'll tell ya something.

If my telco provider stopped charging me $25 a month for a pots
land-line with unlimited local calling, but instead charged me zero
dollars a month, but billed me a dime or even a quarter for every local
call I made, I'd rather have that. My bill would probably drop to $10
or $15 a month.
Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.bizarre

On 6/22/2010 8:39 PM, harry wrote:
Hello,

Verizon wants to charge me, by the minute, for local, landline calls.
Does anyone else have that problem?

I have Verizon FIOS and pay by call plan for telephone. That plan is
cheapest since I make very few landland calls.

Look at your usage, it be in your best interest to change plans if you
don’t use landland telephone much.

At one time the telephone company was required to examine their
customer’s usage and recommend the lowest cost option. There may be
nothing nefarious here.

Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.bizarre

On Jun 22, 9:58*pm, Some Guy wrote:
harry wrote:
Verizon wants to charge me, by the minute, for local, landline
calls. * Does anyone else have that problem?

I'll tell ya something.

If my telco provider stopped charging me $25 a month for a pots
land-line with unlimited local calling, but instead charged me zero
dollars a month, but billed me a dime or even a quarter for every local
call I made, I'd rather have that. *My bill would probably drop to $10
or $15 a month.

Hell, I'd take that deal too. I had a POTS line for a little over a
year without so much as a phone being plugged in to see if it worked.
I'd still have the line if it didn't cost me anything. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.bizarre

"harry" wrote in message
Hello,

Verizon wants to charge me, by the minute, for local, landline calls.
Does anyone else have that problem?

I grew up without a cell phone and no one else had one either. Everybody
seemed to get along just fine. (Hint!)

Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.bizarre

On 6/22/2010 10:03 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jun 22, 5:39 pm, wrote:
Hello,

Verizon wants to charge me, by the minute, for local, landline calls.
Does anyone else have that problem?

? What is their justification? Is this a sudden change? Were you
alerted by one of those enclosed small-type notices that nobody reads?
What was your previous situation with them? How long did it last?
Or did you just sign up with them for phone?

Interested, so please post details.

Sorry, ir seems to be a rule that details must always be omitted for
some reason. That way it can develop into a 100 post thread of folks
trying to guess the answers to questions like yours...
Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.bizarre

On 6/22/2010 8:39 PM, harry wrote:
Hello,

Verizon wants to charge me, by the minute, for local, landline calls.
Does anyone else have that problem?

We have a situation with one son's cell phone, his only phone, that
while he lives only 3 miles away, his number is for a down state
exchange (same area code) that costs long distance.

Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.bizarre

On Jun 22, 5:39 pm, *wrote:
Hello,

Verizon wants to charge me, by the minute, for local, landline calls.
Does anyone else have that problem?

? *What is their justification? *Is this a sudden change? *Were you
alerted by one of those enclosed small-type notices that nobody reads?
What was your previous situation with them? *How long did it last?
Or did you just sign up with them for phone?

Interested, so please post details.

Sorry, ir seems to be a rule that details must always be omitted for
some reason. That way it can develop into a 100 post thread of folks
trying to guess the answers to questions like yours...

I thought my questions were perfectly germane to a general question
like yours. It gave almost no information, so naturally one seeks
more.