Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.bizarre
keith keith is offline

Default Verizon Charging for Local (Landline)Calls

On Jun 22, 9:58*pm, Some Guy wrote:
harry wrote:
Verizon wants to charge me, by the minute, for local, landline
calls. * Does anyone else have that problem?

I'll tell ya something.

If my telco provider stopped charging me $25 a month for a pots
land-line with unlimited local calling, but instead charged me zero
dollars a month, but billed me a dime or even a quarter for every local
call I made, I'd rather have that. *My bill would probably drop to $10
or $15 a month.

Hell, I'd take that deal too. I had a POTS line for a little over a
year without so much as a phone being plugged in to see if it worked.
I'd still have the line if it didn't cost me anything. ;-)