Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davao

Default OT sms Landline phones

Hi all.
I'm looking to buy a multi handset landline phone that receives SMS
messages.
Do they do what it says on the tin?
SMS from Cellphone to home? and vice-versa..regardless of landline contract
type?

Recommendations?

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:02:03 +0000 (UTC), Davao wrote:

SMS from Cellphone to home? and vice-versa..regardless of landline
contract type?

Fairly sure you need to subscribe to the Caller ID service and have a
POTS line.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:02:03 +0000 (UTC), Davao wrote:

SMS from Cellphone to home? and vice-versa..regardless of landline
contract type?

Fairly sure you need to subscribe to the Caller ID service and have a
POTS line.

This is what my parents have, and it works. They tell me caller ID is
free now.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister

Chris Hodges wrote:

This is what my parents have, and it works. They tell me caller ID is
free now.

Yes - it's free, if you continue to use BT for at least a few calls.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:59:56 -0500, S Viemeister wrote:

Yes - it's free, if you continue to use BT for at least a few calls.

Is it by George. I bet that's only on POTS though not ISDN. B-(

Thanks for the heads up.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell

"Davao" wrote in message
Hi all.
I'm looking to buy a multi handset landline phone that receives SMS
messages.
Do they do what it says on the tin?
SMS from Cellphone to home? and vice-versa..regardless of landline
contract type?

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail...dle/index.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:59:56 -0500, S Viemeister wrote:

Yes - it's free, if you continue to use BT for at least a few calls.

Is it by George. I bet that's only on POTS though not ISDN. B-(

Thanks for the heads up.

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail...acy/index.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davao

Thanks for all replies.
But it looks like I'd have to pay another 50 quid a quarter.
They can shove it!

Arthur