Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Have their been any posting from our remodeler friend Kate?

Has anyone seen any postings from Kate? She had a lot of questions,
and got answers, and now seems to have disappeared.
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote the following:
willshak wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote the following:
hr(bob) wrote:
Has anyone seen any postings from Kate? She had a lot of questions,
and got answers, and now seems to have disappeared.

She was run off by all the drooling mouth breathers. Excuse
me, I have to wipe my face.

TDD

You ever notice how kind the members of this group are to someone who
has a female nick?
If the nick was male, he would be attacked for asking so many stupid
questions.

Mebbe because the female posters seldom seem to cop an attitude? I'll
go out of my way to help anyone who asks an honest question in a
friendly manner- everyone has to start somewhere. The male posters
usually try to bluff that they know most of it already, but only need
help with one little thing.

Not all males cop an attitude when asking a question here, yet some
responders do.

And yeah, some of us enjoy the chance to be gallant. It comes up so
seldom in real life.

I'm sorry that you seldom get the chance to be gallant. I'm gallant all
the time. I respect women more than some of my fellow males who consider
them 'game'.
They have a harder life than we men do, more so in some countries where
they are treated as property that can be bartered or sold, even by their
parents.
Could a male suffer the monthly period for 30 plus years (360 months)?
Would a male avoid intercourse because they could suffer the consequences?
Could a male endure the 9 months of pregnancy and then the hours of pain
in childbirth?
Could a male handle menopause?
Would a male accept lower wages than women for the same work?
If you have a female in your life, respect her and be glad you were not
born female (this time!).
Misogynist or macho comments may follow.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 23:31:40 -0400, willshak
wrote:

Could a male endure the 9 months of pregnancy and then the hours of pain
in childbirth?

Hey, I had sympathy pains, swollen ankles and lower back pain for
months. In the birthing room, my wife said, "Look what you did to me!"

I was even able to take paternity leave from the job.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Could a male endure the 9 months of pregnancy and then the hours of pain
in childbirth?

Hey, I had sympathy pains, swollen ankles and lower back pain for
months. In the birthing room, my wife said, "Look what you did to me!"

I was even able to take paternity leave from the job.

Yeah, a lot of jobs allow paternity leave now. Some guys do the same on
paternity leave as they do on their regular days off, whatever that is.
I know one that took a trip to Florida on paternity leave. His wife was
giving birth in New York at the time.
I never got paternity leave for all 4 of my kid's births. It was before
the paternity leave was contracted.
I got to see the births of my last two kids, but I had to take personal
leave for it.
My other two were born way before the fathers were allowed in the OR.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Could a male endure the 9 months of pregnancy and then the hours of
pain in childbirth?

Hey, I had sympathy pains, swollen ankles and lower back pain for
months. In the birthing room, my wife said, "Look what you did to me!"

I was even able to take paternity leave from the job.

Yeah, a lot of jobs allow paternity leave now. Some guys do the same on
paternity leave as they do on their regular days off, whatever that is.
I know one that took a trip to Florida on paternity leave. His wife was
giving birth in New York at the time.
I never got paternity leave for all 4 of my kid's births. It was before
the paternity leave was contracted.
I got to see the births of my last two kids, but I had to take personal
leave for it.
My other two were born way before the fathers were allowed in the OR.

My mother went through 10 pregnancies in 20 years then went
out and got herself a PhD in psychology,... it didn't help.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

Could a male endure the 9 months of pregnancy and then the hours of pain
in childbirth?

Hey, I had sympathy pains, swollen ankles and lower back pain for
months. In the birthing room, my wife said, "Look what you did to me!"

Did she really? I thought that was only in comedy plays and movies.

Didn't she want a child too?

I was even able to take paternity leave from the job.

Posted to alt.home.repair

hr(bob) wrote:
[...]

Totally agree, Bill.

bob_v

Posted to alt.home.repair

"willshak" wrote

You ever notice how kind the members of this group are to someone who has
a female nick?
If the nick was male, he would be attacked for asking so many stupid
questions.

Heheh actually I've never had a problem here. It's more in how one presents
oneself in the group. Grin, only the real regulars will probably remember
'cshenk' isn't a guy.

I've certainly asked my share of dumb questions!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"benick" wrote

LOL...Besides SWMBO would smack me upside the head if she caught wind of
me being rude to a woman...LOL...

So would the HWMBO.... (grin). Gack. I just realized, there's probably a
small percentage who were just nicely refraining from making 'alterative
lifestyle' comments at me! LOL! Relax guys, female from day 1. Even got a
cute little c-section scar to prove it and no, ain't posting no pics!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"willshak" wrote

I'm sorry that you seldom get the chance to be gallant. I'm gallant all
the time. I respect women more than some of my fellow males who consider
them 'game'.

Hehehe I get that totally. Fortunately I work in a military environment so
there's little of that. (I'm a retired US Navy Senior Chief, 26years. E8
to you non-Navy). Working as a Data Analayst now for the government, Navy.

They have a harder life than we men do, more so in some countries where
they are treated as property that can be bartered or sold, even by their
parents.

In some places yes, but here it's not really a problem. Uneven pay is
something I've never experienced.

What does happen though in the job market is many traditional jobs women
apply for, pay less. Thats really not the same issue. Also, when asked
'how much will you take for the job' women tend to state lower amounts.
That also isn't the same. Hehe tends to result often in US getting the job
YOU may have been gunning for.

Could a male suffer the monthly period for 30 plus years (360 months)?

Grin, starts about age 12. Menopause before mid-50's is rare. Exception is
Native Americans. (Happens earlier for them on average).

Would a male avoid intercourse because they could suffer the consequences?

Believe it or not, some do (dagnabbit! Sorry, I was a little on the wild
side when a youngun).

Could a male endure the 9 months of pregnancy and then the hours of pain
in childbirth?

Probably would complain more. Lets face it, we ladies just don't have a
choice in that one.

I've had 'friends' (I say that lightly) who were feminist to the core and
let me tell ya, they were some *rude* 'folks'. Me, I appreciate that men
open doors for me and I always smile at them in thanks. The only time it is
awkward is in the military. Protocol is the junior one opens the door for
the senior one. Sex of the members isn't part of the protocol. Hehehe used
to drive me crazy that a previous XO would rush to open the door/hatch for
this enlisted lady while I was rushing to open it for the XO (Officer, O6).
Dang near bumped noses at the start until I figured out he was 'the other
type'.

My own tactic is 'whoever gets there first opens it and holds for the
other'. Works for me!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote

I was even able to take paternity leave from the job.

I think that is a real positive that has happened and getting more common.
Fact is, with the first one she's as clueless as you are generally and
reality is if she had a c-section, she *needs* the help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:09:06 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

"Oren" wrote

I was even able to take paternity leave from the job.

I think that is a real positive that has happened and getting more common.
Fact is, with the first one she's as clueless as you are generally and
reality is if she had a c-section, she *needs* the help.

See: _Family and Medical Leave Act_

Overview

Covered employers must grant an eligible employee up to a total of 12
workweeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period for one or more
of the following reasons:

* for the birth and care of the newborn child of the employee;
* for placement with the employee of a son or daughter for
adoption or foster care;
* to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or
parent) with a serious health condition; or
* to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work
because of a serious health condition.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/index.htm

From 1993.

wiki:

"The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA), was passed by the
103rd United States Congress and subsequently signed into law on 5
August 1993 by President Bill Clinton (Pub.L. 103-3; 29 U.S.C. sec.
2601; 29 CFR 825). The bill was among the first signed into law by
President Clinton in his first term. The FMLA is a labor law requiring
larger employers to provide employees job-protected unpaid leave due
to a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to
perform his or her job, or to care for a sick family member, or to
care for a new child (including by birth, adoption or foster care).
The FMLA is administered by the Employment Standards Administration's
Wage and Hour Division within the U.S. Department of Labor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_...ve_Act_of_1993

Note the exceptions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 02:01:59 -0400, mm
wrote:

Hey, I had sympathy pains, swollen ankles and lower back pain for
months. In the birthing room, my wife said, "Look what you did to me!"

Did she really? I thought that was only in comedy plays and movies.

Trust me it is real. She refused medications until the very last
moment. I swear I've never seen such a look in my life, when she said
it You'd think I had 3 heads on my shoulders when she looked at
me.

The baby was 9 lb. 14 oz.

I didn't blame her at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:05:19 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

Could a male endure the 9 months of pregnancy and then the hours of pain
in childbirth?

Probably would complain more. Lets face it, we ladies just don't have a
choice in that one.

_Male Seahorse Giving Birth_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwrRKrw7Sk

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:05:19 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

Could a male endure the 9 months of pregnancy and then the hours of pain
in childbirth?

Probably would complain more. Lets face it, we ladies just don't have a
choice in that one.

Sure we do. It's called "Childfree". Tubal ligation is easy, cheap, and I
highly recommend it. It's about as uncomfortable as a monthly period, it
costs about 20% of a labor/delivery (cost me $1200, 25 years ago,
uninsured), and you only have to do it once. Hell, it wasn't painless, but
I'd do it once a year if I had to, if it meant I wouldn't have to worry
about breeding.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 20:59:08 -0400, "h"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:05:19 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

Could a male endure the 9 months of pregnancy and then the hours of pain
in childbirth?

Probably would complain more. Lets face it, we ladies just don't have a
choice in that one.

Sure we do. It's called "Childfree". Tubal ligation is easy, cheap, and I
highly recommend it. It's about as uncomfortable as a monthly period, it
costs about 20% of a labor/delivery (cost me $1200, 25 years ago,
uninsured), and you only have to do it once. Hell, it wasn't painless, but
I'd do it once a year if I had to, if it meant I wouldn't have to worry
about breeding.

Don't quote me! Carol posted the above, so don't attribute it to me,
please. Or snip a little better ...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote
"h" wrote:
"cshenk" wrote:

Probably would complain more. Lets face it, we ladies just don't have a
choice in that one.

Sure we do. It's called "Childfree". Tubal ligation is easy, cheap, and I

Don't quote me! Carol posted the above, so don't attribute it to me,
please. Or snip a little better ...

Hehe not to mention that people who feel that way probably shouldnt 'breed'
at all. I don't really fathom not wanting more kids but I accept that some
do not want any at all. Me, I wanted 3-4 of them. Just wasn't in the
cards.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cshenk" wrote in message
news
"willshak" wrote

You ever notice how kind the members of this group are to someone who has
a female nick?
If the nick was male, he would be attacked for asking so many stupid
questions.

Heheh actually I've never had a problem here. It's more in how one
presents oneself in the group. Grin, only the real regulars will probably
remember 'cshenk' isn't a guy.

I've certainly asked my share of dumb questions!

I agree the attitude of the question asker plays an important role...There
is nothing worse than asking a question then getting all snotty about not
getting the magic no work answer they expected..Or getting ****ed at being
told what they are trying to do is wrong...Though I've been here for many
years I did not know cshenk was female..Guess I should pay more
attention...LOL..

Posted to alt.home.repair

cshenk wrote:
"willshak" wrote

You ever notice how kind the members of this group are to someone who
has a female nick?
If the nick was male, he would be attacked for asking so many stupid
questions.

Heheh actually I've never had a problem here. It's more in how one
presents oneself in the group. Grin, only the real regulars will
probably remember 'cshenk' isn't a guy.

I've certainly asked my share of dumb questions!

Can I be mean and obnoxious to you? Pleeeeeez? I want to be
mean and obnoxious, me too, me, me, me.........

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

benick wrote:
"cshenk" wrote in message
news
"willshak" wrote

You ever notice how kind the members of this group are to someone
who has a female nick?
If the nick was male, he would be attacked for asking so many stupid
questions.

Heheh actually I've never had a problem here. It's more in how one
presents oneself in the group. Grin, only the real regulars will
probably remember 'cshenk' isn't a guy.

I've certainly asked my share of dumb questions!

I agree the attitude of the question asker plays an important
role...There is nothing worse than asking a question then getting all
snotty about not getting the magic no work answer they expected..Or
getting ****ed at being told what they are trying to do is
wrong...Though I've been here for many years I did not know cshenk
was female..Guess I should pay more attention...LOL..

That's the problem. The way they dress here these days, you just can't tell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"benick" wrote
"cshenk" wrote
"willshak" wrote

You ever notice how kind the members of this group are to someone who
has a female nick?

Heheh actually I've never had a problem here. It's more in how one

I agree the attitude of the question asker plays an important role...There
is nothing worse than asking a question then getting all snotty about not
getting the magic no work answer they expected..Or getting ****ed at being
told what they are trying to do is wrong.

Yup, useless. Most of the time, I find I didn't give enough information.

..Though I've been here for many years I did not know cshenk was
female..Guess I should pay more attention...LOL..

Hehe it's ok! Name's Carol BTW. Yes, we've come across one another for
years here! Different skill sets but both of us handy folks overall.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
cshenk wrote:

Can I be mean and obnoxious to you? Pleeeeeez? I want to be
mean and obnoxious, me too, me, me, me.........

LOL! You can try!

Doody head!

Eek! you called me a doody head! I'm telling Mom on you!
Posted to alt.home.repair

cshenk wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote
cshenk wrote:

Can I be mean and obnoxious to you? Pleeeeeez? I want to be
mean and obnoxious, me too, me, me, me.........

LOL! You can try!

Doody head!

Eek! you called me a doody head! I'm telling Mom on you!

Booger breath!

When I grow up I'll call you: Steatopygous trollop!

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
cshenk wrote:

Can I be mean and obnoxious to you? Pleeeeeez? I want to be
mean and obnoxious, me too, me, me, me.........

LOL! You can try!

Doody head!

Eek! you called me a doody head! I'm telling Mom on you!

Booger breath!

Shucks, got me. I'll have to stop doing that.

When I grow up I'll call you: Steatopygous trollop!

MOM! He just said I had a big butt! Mom, stop laughing and tell him to
stop being a meamie-butt-head!

Posted to alt.home.repair

cshenk wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote
cshenk wrote:

Can I be mean and obnoxious to you? Pleeeeeez? I want to be
mean and obnoxious, me too, me, me, me.........

LOL! You can try!

Doody head!

Eek! you called me a doody head! I'm telling Mom on you!

Booger breath!

Shucks, got me. I'll have to stop doing that.

When I grow up I'll call you: Steatopygous trollop!

MOM! He just said I had a big butt! Mom, stop laughing and tell him to
stop being a meamie-butt-head!

When you have eight siblings, four of them sisters, the girls always
win because they can cry on cue. The biggest winner was baby brother,
he got all the attention and got away with everything. *snicker*

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
cshenk wrote:

When you have eight siblings, four of them sisters, the girls always
win because they can cry on cue. The biggest winner was baby brother,
he got all the attention and got away with everything. *snicker*

Hehe try being raised with a single Mom (divorced). Mom did *not* put up
with that. Only male of us 3 is a good guy but ADHD with semi autisim. He'd
get blamed for everything by our older sister. Me, I'd chime up and say,
sorry Mom, that one was me'.

I was a weird kid. I figured out early on that if I just fessed up, I didnt
get in as much trouble.

Posted to alt.home.repair

cshenk wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote
cshenk wrote:

When you have eight siblings, four of them sisters, the girls always
win because they can cry on cue. The biggest winner was baby brother,
he got all the attention and got away with everything. *snicker*

Hehe try being raised with a single Mom (divorced). Mom did *not* put
up with that. Only male of us 3 is a good guy but ADHD with semi
autisim. He'd get blamed for everything by our older sister. Me, I'd
chime up and say, sorry Mom, that one was me'.

I was a weird kid. I figured out early on that if I just fessed up, I
didnt get in as much trouble.

Kids are the same everywhere. I always explain my lack of fear regarding
terrorists is largely due to the fact that as a small boy, I had Irish
nuns as teachers. Nothing scares me except for this irrational fear I
have of albino penguins.

TDD