Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric caulk gun

I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use up
about a case of caulk or more.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:39:43 -0800, Steve B wrote:
I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use up
about a case of caulk or more.

How do I start a web browser and point it to google?
Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like
"electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old when
I need him?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use up
about a case of caulk or more.

Steve

I don't have a brand and have never used one.

How many tubes in THIS case, 12?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:13:47 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

DeWalt battery unit is very good. Probably not worth it for one
case of caulk. I had/have an air driven unit which was/is
actually slightly better, but the hassles of compressor and hose
makes the battery unit the only one used anymore. Prazi also
makes a drill driven unit that I considered:
http://www.praziusa.com/drillmate.html

What are some needs for one of these powered caulk guns? Building cars
and airplanes? Certainly not for home use. Say, caulking a new window
or door, might take a tube and a half.

I can't see the need for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 13, 2:39*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I want one. *Brand names that you have used and are good? *I need to use up
about a case of caulk or more.

Steve

You need a machine for 12 tubes of caulk! I used to go through that
twice week sometimes, Does anybody even use a screwdriver or handsaw
anymore. I still have handdrills, saws and even the unheard of
screwdrivers. A quality caulk gun will be working 30 years from now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:1u1op5h47odqlcnqf7gl1ou21ftjlbpigo@
4ax.com:

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:13:47 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

DeWalt battery unit is very good. Probably not worth it for one
case of caulk. I had/have an air driven unit which was/is
actually slightly better, but the hassles of compressor and hose
makes the battery unit the only one used anymore. Prazi also
makes a drill driven unit that I considered:
http://www.praziusa.com/drillmate.html

What are some needs for one of these powered caulk guns? Building cars
and airplanes? Certainly not for home use. Say, caulking a new window
or door, might take a tube and a half.

I can't see the need for me.

Floor joists when laying subfloor comes to mind. Not exactly typical home
use of course.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

--
Here you go.

http://www.hisupplier.com/a-Cordless-Caulking-Gun/

==
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 22:43:04 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

Oren, there are folks on here that do quite a bit more than
handyman their own home. You pump a case or two of NP1 or other
good urethane caulk a day, even with a high leverage gun, and you
may be looking for some power also. The real reason to consider
one is the quality of bead - you can focus all your efforts on
looks and installation. Until you have run one, it is difficult
to explain.

Oh, I appreciate the tool or being able to buy one, if I needed it.

My worst problem with a regular DIY caulk gun was the caulk was cold.
We put it the Sun to warm it up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DanG" wrote in message
Oren, there are folks on here that do quite a bit more than handyman their
own home. You pump a case or two of NP1 or other good urethane caulk a
day, even with a high leverage gun, and you may be looking for some power
also. The real reason to consider one is the quality of bead - you can
focus all your efforts on looks and installation. Until you have run one,
it is difficult to explain.

I have wrist problems, and a thumb I broke when I was 16. I have arthritis.
I have carpal tunnel syndrome, and sometimes when I grab something hard, it
feels like I just grabbed a chunk of cholla cactus. So, I would like a
battery operated one to run a case or two of caulking to fix after a less
than stellar job by the dip**** builder of the house I bought.

Why does a guy who has a hand crank drill need an electric one? Why does a
guy who has a hammer need a nailgun? Other than they want one, they can do
more work with it in the same amount of time, and in a lot of cases, do
better consistent work. And not work as hard, or get repetitive motion
injuries.

I think it will be okay. My Mom's dead, so I don't have to clear it with
her, either. Thanky DanG for the rational response.

If I went through all my tools and got rid of things that were just
convenience, I'd get rid of half the stuff.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:39:43 -0800, Steve B wrote:
I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use up
about a case of caulk or more.

How do I start a web browser and point it to google?
Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like
"electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old when
I need him?

Perhaps the gentleman would like a recommendation from someone
who has used such a tool on a regular basis? Reviews on the
Web aren't always unbiased. Of course neither are people.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Mar 13, 2:39 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use up
about a case of caulk or more.

Steve

You need a machine for 12 tubes of caulk! I used to go through that
twice week sometimes, Does anybody even use a screwdriver or handsaw
anymore. I still have handdrills, saws and even the unheard of
screwdrivers. A quality caulk gun will be working 30 years from now.

Some of us use an electric screw driver because we injured our hand
playing with ourselves.....

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message

: I can't see the need for me.

The OP didn't ask if YOU needed one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use
up about a case of caulk or more.

Steve

I bought an air operated one from McMaster _ Carr a few months ago. I
don't recall the brand (it is at the shop so I can't look) and it works very
well. For $50, I should have bought it a lot sooner as it saves time,
saves on the wrist for doing a lot of caulk. We used it for some rather
heavy stuff that was difficult to pump in a hand gun. If you have a small
compressor, go for it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use
up about a case of caulk or more.

How do I start a web browser and point it to google?
Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like
"electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old when
I need him?

Perhaps the gentleman would like a recommendation from someone
who has used such a tool on a regular basis? Reviews on the
Web aren't always unbiased. Of course neither are people.

TDD

epinions.com sux big time. Sounds like the reviews were written by English
majors, and ONE English major at that, they are all so synonymous.

That is why I come to newsgroups. There are still those who ask like my
poor dead Daddy, "Why do you HAVE to do that?", but there are always a
couple of BTDT posts that stand out as the roses among the weeds.

I WANT ONE before I go through a case of caulk. If anyone doesn't agree,
cope! They're adults.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JawBone" wrote in message

"Oren" wrote in message

: I can't see the need for me.

The OP didn't ask if YOU needed one.

kudos, buddy

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use
up about a case of caulk or more.

Steve

I bought an air operated one from McMaster _ Carr a few months ago. I
don't recall the brand (it is at the shop so I can't look) and it works
very well. For $50, I should have bought it a lot sooner as it saves
time, saves on the wrist for doing a lot of caulk. We used it for some
rather heavy stuff that was difficult to pump in a hand gun. If you have
a small compressor, go for it.

My FIL got a new pancake cheap at the pawn shop recently. Should do quite
nicely. Put receptacles on the roof for Christmas lights, which will reach
the compressor easily. It's cool here, and any caulk will be thick. Should
be done in time for my snack and nap.

Steve ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

It's better to demonstrate that one has done minimal research. At the
very least, learn the brands and popular models and features. Then you might be
able to post something intelligent such as "my price range is..." "I
see models have feature X, this one has Y, I'm a left handed
psychopath missing three fingers and a foot, is that important?"

Here's some news: peoples needs differ and what might be ideal for
one person might not be for others. Being told that a particular
model costing ten thousand dollars is great could be avoided by simply
learning the field and posting some requirements.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

The term you are searching for is 'requirements definition'. That is
something end users are seldom capable of creating without being led by
the hand. Last time I visited my father, he and his business associate
were discussing and complaining about one of the doctor's wives that
could not make up her mind as to what she needed/wanted in the house
design they were doing for her. I started laughing, and they stared at
me until I explained that it was almost exactly the same situation I
faced on a regular basis in the computer and software world. The
customer wants SOMETHING, but they are rather fuzzy on exactly WHAT they
want....

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Some moron wrote:

How do I start a web browser and point it to google?
Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like
"electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old
when I need him?

Who urinated in your bowl of Total?

Why don't we just disband the newsgroup and use Google? You stalk me like a
shadow. Get a life, will ya? And either learn to use those little arrows
to ignore threads, or turn in your computer. You're the one too stupid to
use one.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

How do I start a web browser and point it to google?
Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like
"electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old
when I need him?

If you believe the reviews of products on the Internet, I have a bridge for
sale. Meet me at the bridge at 2 PM, and bring two million dollars in small
bills.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 09:37:22 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

The term you are searching for is 'requirements definition'. That is
something end users are seldom capable of creating without being led by
the hand. Last time I visited my father, he and his business associate
were discussing and complaining about one of the doctor's wives that
could not make up her mind as to what she needed/wanted in the house
design they were doing for her. I started laughing, and they stared at
me until I explained that it was almost exactly the same situation I
faced on a regular basis in the computer and software world. The
customer wants SOMETHING, but they are rather fuzzy on exactly WHAT they
want....

With consumer devices, it just a matter of doing a few searches, reading
reviews and product pages getting acquainted with popular features.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 07:09:27 -0700, Steve B wrote:
Some moron wrote:

How do I start a web browser and point it to google?
Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like
"electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old
when I need him?

Who urinated in your bowl of Total?

Why don't we just disband the newsgroup and use Google? You stalk me like a
shadow. Get a life, will ya? And either learn to use those little arrows
to ignore threads, or turn in your computer. You're the one too stupid to
use one.

Yeah, getting an initial clue is so hard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 07:49:17 -0700, Steve B wrote:

How do I start a web browser and point it to google?
Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like
"electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old
when I need him?

If you believe the reviews of products on the Internet, I have a bridge for
sale. Meet me at the bridge at 2 PM, and bring two million dollars in small
bills.

If you believe what any idiot on usenet says, I have a state to sell
you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I take it you are a programmer, I'm more into hardware and it's the
same thing with a lot of customers, don't even get me started about
VOIP.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:01:20 -0800, Steve B
wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
wrote:
[...]

Nope, not a programmer. Spent much of my career at the event horizon
between programmers and end users, though. I spoke just enough geek to
be dangerous, yet still had an understanding of real world operations
out in the field. Since that duty got outsourced, they aren't real sure
what to do with me.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:01:20 -0800, Steve B
wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
wrote:
[...]

You could transfer to India.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Some moron wrote:

How do I start a web browser and point it to google?
Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like
"electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old
when I need him?

Who urinated in your bowl of Total?

Why don't we just disband the newsgroup and use Google? You stalk me like a
shadow. Get a life, will ya? And either learn to use those little arrows
to ignore threads, or turn in your computer. You're the one too stupid to
use one.

Steve

I meant to say I'm the stupid one and I don't really give a damn about
caulking guns. I just need someone to pay attention to me. My wife left me
and the kids hate me. I need some sympathy here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B." wrote
I meant to say I'm the stupid one and I don't really give a damn about
caulking guns. I just need someone to pay attention to me. My wife left me
and the kids hate me. I need some sympathy here.

What about the dog? Or did you kick him in anger?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Steve B." wrote
I meant to say I'm the stupid one and I don't really give a damn about
caulking guns. I just need someone to pay attention to me. My wife left
me
and the kids hate me. I need some sympathy here.

What about the dog? Or did you kick him in anger?

Looks like I have an admirer, as I did not write the text above. And it
must have entered the thread from someone I have killfiled, as I have not
seen it before this moment.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:16:02 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Steve B." wrote
I meant to say I'm the stupid one and I don't really give a damn about
caulking guns. I just need someone to pay attention to me. My wife left me
and the kids hate me. I need some sympathy here.

What about the dog? Or did you kick him in anger?

This could be the makings of a country'n'western song.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:31:02 -0500, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:16:02 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Steve B." wrote
I meant to say I'm the stupid one and I don't really give a damn about
caulking guns. I just need someone to pay attention to me. My wife left me
and the kids hate me. I need some sympathy here.

What about the dog? Or did you kick him in anger?

This could be the makings of a country'n'western song.

One thing about a C&W song is you play it backwards. The first you get
back is your dog.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Mar 13, 4:52*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:13:47 -0600, "DanG" wrote:
DeWalt battery unit is very good. *Probably not worth it for one
case of caulk. *I had/have an air driven unit which was/is
actually slightly better, but the hassles of compressor and hose
makes the battery unit the only one used anymore. *Prazi also
makes a drill driven unit that I considered:
http://www.praziusa.com/drillmate.html

What are some needs for one of these powered caulk guns? Building cars
and airplanes? Certainly not for home use. Say, caulking a new window
or door, might take a tube and a half.

I can't *see the need for me.

Autoglass installers. I have a CP and a Milwaukee.