Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Electric caulk gun

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:01:20 -0800, Steve B wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:39:43 -0800, Steve B
wrote:
I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use
up about a case of caulk or more.
How do I start a web browser and point it to google?
Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like
"electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old when
I need him?

Perhaps the gentleman would like a recommendation from someone
who has used such a tool on a regular basis? Reviews on the
Web aren't always unbiased. Of course neither are people.

TDD

epinions.com sux big time. Sounds like the reviews were written by English
majors, and ONE English major at that, they are all so synonymous.

That is why I come to newsgroups. There are still those who ask like my
poor dead Daddy, "Why do you HAVE to do that?", but there are always a
couple of BTDT posts that stand out as the roses among the weeds.

It's better to demonstrate that one has done minimal research. At the
very least, learn the brands and popular models and features. Then you might be
able to post something intelligent such as "my price range is..." "I
see models have feature X, this one has Y, I'm a left handed
psychopath missing three fingers and a foot, is that important?"

Here's some news: peoples needs differ and what might be ideal for
one person might not be for others. Being told that a particular
model costing ten thousand dollars is great could be avoided by simply
learning the field and posting some requirements.

The term you are searching for is 'requirements definition'. That is
something end users are seldom capable of creating without being led by
the hand. Last time I visited my father, he and his business associate
were discussing and complaining about one of the doctor's wives that
could not make up her mind as to what she needed/wanted in the house
design they were doing for her. I started laughing, and they stared at
me until I explained that it was almost exactly the same situation I
faced on a regular basis in the computer and software world. The
customer wants SOMETHING, but they are rather fuzzy on exactly WHAT they
want....

--
aem sends...