Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Test for young people --Tony

Remember when Jethro hooked up Granny's party line telly-phone -- to the
high voltage lines.?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Test for young people

Any plan has a counter action. If you want to get really
absurd, we can have some real fun on this list.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

When we lived out in the country, we had a "hiding place"
for the spare house
key that was about as secure as any hiding place could be:
on the dog's
collar.

Not if they shoot the dog.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Amjers always Xrays dogs, to look for house keys. Before he
shoots them.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Doug Miller"
wrote in message

When we lived out in the country, we had a "hiding place"
for the spare house
key that was about as secure as any hiding place could
be: on the dog's
collar.

Not if they shoot the dog.

Well, of course they'd have to know that's where the key was
before it would
do them any good -- and, as shaggy as that dog was, you'd
have to know the key
was there before you could find it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I remember the shocked look on Aunt Myrtle (three long
rings) face when she told the bridge club about it. Well, I
never! After all, she was just minding her own business and
listening to the party line when...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Lp1331 1p1331" wrote in message
Remember when Jethro hooked up Granny's party line
telly-phone -- to the
high voltage lines.?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Amjers always Xrays dogs, to look for house keys. Before he
shoots them.

I would never shoot a dog, other than in self defense. They are just
dogs, it isn't their fault, even if they are one of those helpless
annoying yapping breeds. (Hmm, sounds like some posters on this group?)

If you live out in the boonies, a roving dog is one of the few legal
effective defenses you can have for property when nobody is home. (Short
of armoring the place with pull-down steel curtains and such.) Noise is
irrelevant without neighbors to hear it, and police response times can
be half an hour or more, even if your alarm system calls them.
(Something a cell phone jammer and cutting the wires at the pole can
prevent.) So smashing a window to get in becomes a non-event.

--
aem sends....
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Amjers always Xrays dogs, to look for house keys. Before he shoots them.

I would never shoot a dog, other than in self defense. They are just
dogs, it isn't their fault, even if they are one of those helpless
annoying yapping breeds. (Hmm, sounds like some posters on this group?)

If you live out in the boonies, a roving dog is one of the few legal
effective defenses you can have for property when nobody is home. (Short
of armoring the place with pull-down steel curtains and such.) Noise is
irrelevant without neighbors to hear it, and police response times can
be half an hour or more, even if your alarm system calls them.
(Something a cell phone jammer and cutting the wires at the pole can
prevent.) So smashing a window to get in becomes a non-event.

--
aem sends....

I remember a story about a guy who had a pet black panther. A burglar
was down on his knees going through the owner's dresser when the cat
laid its head on his shoulder and purred. The owner found an unconscious
burglar with his big black panther licking his face.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Ed Pawlowski
wrote:
I do carry a spare though, and I have to get one for my new car. I
have a house key hidden too. I've needed it a couple of times over
the years.

You are aware, I trust, that burglars are quite familiar with the
"fake rocks" (which are actually pretty damned easy to spot), and the
old "under the doormat" trick.

When we lived out in the country, we had a "hiding place" for the
spare house key that was about as secure as any hiding place could be:
on the dog's collar.

Not if they shoot the dog.

Doesn't matter anyway. Locks are for honest people, to help keep them
honest.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Should I bother to say, 'Cite, please?' Smells like urban legend to me.
Most places, exotic animals are illegal without special permit. And the
care and upkeep (and insurance) is so expensive that getting robbed
every couple of years would be cheaper by far.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 21:54:59 -0500, aemeijers
wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Well, I DO know of a case where a couple owned a large Rotteweiler.
They had a demand feeding setup for the dog, and a proximity actuated
security doggy door so the dog could feed himself and let himself in
and out when they were gone. They went away for a week's vacation,
leaving the dog to watch the house. A theif decided to break in one of
the first nights they were gone. The dog cornered him in the laundry
room where he could keep a watch on him and still eat, and could hang
his rear end out the doggy door to do his business. Didn't touch the
guy, but every time the guy moved, he went for him. When the
homeowners came home at the end of the week the guy was almost dead in
the corner.
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

"I remember a story." I remember wetting my pants too when I was 7. Do
you need a cite for that? Perhaps Sister Apocalypse my second grade
teacher would write you a letter, she's probably 100 years old by now.

TDD