Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default A Test for young people

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:39:00 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I do carry a spare though, and I have to get one for my new car. I
have a house key hidden too. I've needed it a couple of times over
the years.

You are aware, I trust, that burglars are quite familiar with the "fake rocks"
(which are actually pretty damned easy to spot), and the old "under the
doormat" trick.

When we lived out in the country, we had a "hiding place" for the spare house
key that was about as secure as any hiding place could be: on the dog's
collar.

My two hiding places are very secure and not some silly fake rock.
You'd never even see me retrieve it even if I was in plain sight of
you. I'd never rely on a commercial product to hide anything.