Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Test for young people

aemeijers wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Amjers always Xrays dogs, to look for house keys. Before he shoots them.

I would never shoot a dog, other than in self defense. They are just
dogs, it isn't their fault, even if they are one of those helpless
annoying yapping breeds. (Hmm, sounds like some posters on this group?)

If you live out in the boonies, a roving dog is one of the few legal
effective defenses you can have for property when nobody is home. (Short
of armoring the place with pull-down steel curtains and such.) Noise is
irrelevant without neighbors to hear it, and police response times can
be half an hour or more, even if your alarm system calls them.
(Something a cell phone jammer and cutting the wires at the pole can
prevent.) So smashing a window to get in becomes a non-event.

--
aem sends....

I remember a story about a guy who had a pet black panther. A burglar
was down on his knees going through the owner's dresser when the cat
laid its head on his shoulder and purred. The owner found an unconscious
burglar with his big black panther licking his face.

TDD