Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gasoline in Home Heating Oil - Bad?

OK...this may sound weird, but I had a dream last night...

A friend pulled up at my house with his pickup truck towing a tank of
home heating oil. He said he needed some gas for his pickup. I went
into the backyard and grabbed the gas can I use for my lawn mower and
brought it up front. Instead of pouring the gas into his truck, I
poured about a gallon into the oil tank.

It wasn't my fault, the cap on the oil tank was open.

2 questions:

1 - How bad would it be to have a gallon of gas mixed with, I don't
know, let's say 100 gallons of home heating oil?

2 - What does this dream mean?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 25, 9:35*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
OK...this may sound weird, but I had a dream last night...

A friend pulled up at my house with his pickup truck towing a tank of
home heating oil. He said he needed some gas for his pickup. I went
into the backyard and grabbed the gas can I use for my lawn mower and
brought it up front. Instead of pouring the gas into his truck, I
poured about a gallon into the oil tank.

It wasn't my fault, the cap on the oil tank was open.

2 questions:

1 - How bad would it be to have a gallon of gas mixed with, I don't
know, let's say 100 gallons of home heating oil?

2 - What does this dream mean?

1. Leave the cap off for a few days and most of it will evaporate.
2. You need to get a hobby or something. haha
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 25, 9:35*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
OK...this may sound weird, but I had a dream last night...

A friend pulled up at my house with his pickup truck towing a tank of
home heating oil. He said he needed some gas for his pickup. I went
into the backyard and grabbed the gas can I use for my lawn mower and
brought it up front. Instead of pouring the gas into his truck, I
poured about a gallon into the oil tank.

It wasn't my fault, the cap on the oil tank was open.

2 questions:

1 - How bad would it be to have a gallon of gas mixed with, I don't
know, let's say 100 gallons of home heating oil?

I don't know how bad that would be but It would still make me
uncomfortable.

Many years ago my father-in-law bought one of those Olds 98 diesel
cars they were making in the late 1970's. After he drove the hell out
of it and replaced the engine a couple of times, we bought it from him
and drove it a couple of years. During the winter when it was real
cold, we had a lot of trouble getting it to start and stay running
because the cold diesel fuel would be so thick. I remember we would
put something in the fuel to thin it out but I don't remember what. I
think it was kerosene tho not gasoline.

2 - What does this dream mean?

You have gas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, kerosene is popular with long haul drivers, it helps
prevent jelling. So, the government dyes kerosene red, and
fines the drivers if caught. Trust the government to outlaw
and fine something that works.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hibb" wrote in message

Many years ago my father-in-law bought one of those Olds 98
diesel
cars they were making in the late 1970's. After he drove the
hell out
of it and replaced the engine a couple of times, we bought
it from him
and drove it a couple of years. During the winter when it
was real
cold, we had a lot of trouble getting it to start and stay
running
because the cold diesel fuel would be so thick. I remember
we would
put something in the fuel to thin it out but I don't
remember what. I
think it was kerosene tho not gasoline.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yes, kerosene is popular with long haul drivers, it helps
prevent jelling. So, the government dyes kerosene red, and
fines the drivers if caught. Trust the government to outlaw
and fine something that works.

I'm certain that you understand why red dye kerosene and red dye heating
oil is dyed red, and it has nothing to do with whether or not "it works."

You can certainly buy non red-dye kerosene, but you have to pay motor
fuel taxes on it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 25, 6:20*pm, Van Chocstraw
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
OK...this may sound weird, but I had a dream last night...

A friend pulled up at my house with his pickup truck towing a tank of
home heating oil. He said he needed some gas for his pickup. I went
into the backyard and grabbed the gas can I use for my lawn mower and
brought it up front. Instead of pouring the gas into his truck, I
poured about a gallon into the oil tank.

It wasn't my fault, the cap on the oil tank was open.

2 questions:

1 - How bad would it be to have a gallon of gas mixed with, I don't
know, let's say 100 gallons of home heating oil?

2 - What does this dream mean?

Seems like it would settle out at the bottom and blow up your motor or
float to the top and blow you up. I forget which is heavier.

I believe they will mix. As part of a fire saftey demo I saw this
while I was in the military. A guy threw a match in gasoline and it
went out. He troughs a match in diesel and it goes out. He throws a
match in a mixture of the two and it goes boom. The explanation is
that the air fuel mixture for gas is too rich to explode for diesel
too lean. Together they form the goldie locks mixture. just right to
go boom. We got this lesson because in the military we used multi=fuel
trucks. Although they will run off of gas or diesel you shouldnt mix
the two.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
DerbyDad03 wrote:
OK...this may sound weird, but I had a dream last night...

2 - What does this dream mean?

It means you have really boring dreams.............

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 25, 6:06*pm, SMS wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yes, kerosene is popular with long haul drivers, it helps
prevent jelling. So, the government dyes kerosene red, and
fines the drivers if caught. Trust the government to outlaw
and fine something that works.

I'm certain that you understand why red dye kerosene and red dye heating
oil is dyed red, and it has nothing to do with whether or not "it works."

You can certainly buy non red-dye kerosene, but you have to pay motor
fuel taxes on it.

Right. I have a kerosene heater I use sometimes and the fuel I buy for
it is not red. But it is expensive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 25, 5:11*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Yes, kerosene is popular with long haul drivers, it helps
prevent jelling. So, the government dyes kerosene red, and
fines the drivers if caught. Trust the government to outlaw
and fine something that works.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org

Yes. And "Jelling" is the word I was trying to remember.

"hibb" wrote in message

Many years ago my father-in-law bought one of those Olds 98
diesel
cars they were making in the late 1970's. After he drove the
hell out
of it and replaced the engine a couple of times, we bought
it from him
and drove it a couple of years. During the winter when it
was real
cold, we had a lot of trouble getting it to start and stay
running
because the cold diesel fuel would be so thick. I remember
we would
put something in the fuel to thin it out but I don't
remember what. I
think it was kerosene tho not gasoline.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 25, 10:45*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:44:57 -0800 (PST), hibb
wrote:

[...]

I knew a guy when I was up in the frozen north who put a squirt of
gasoline in his diesel car in the winter so it would start. It never
blew up.- Hide quoted text -

When I was *way* up in the frozen north - Port Clarence, AK - we
either left the diesels running or plugged in the block heater.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
OK...this may sound weird, but I had a dream last night...

A friend pulled up at my house with his pickup truck towing a tank of
home heating oil. He said he needed some gas for his pickup. I went
into the backyard and grabbed the gas can I use for my lawn mower and
brought it up front. Instead of pouring the gas into his truck, I
poured about a gallon into the oil tank.

It wasn't my fault, the cap on the oil tank was open.

2 questions:

1 - How bad would it be to have a gallon of gas mixed with, I don't
know, let's say 100 gallons of home heating oil?

2 - What does this dream mean?

you'd actually never know the difference. I used to put about five (5)
gallons of gasoline in a thirty (30) tank on a torpedo heater then fill
it with diesel fuel. (what it was supposed to run on). I called it my
hot mix. Worked great heating our shop.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

When I put gasoline in my sister's Peugeot (Holland) it ran fine but
only for a short while. Then it stopped. I could coast into a gas
station, call the ANWB (Dutch AAA), and the guy came, pumped out the
gas, filled it with diesel, towed the car until I got it sputtering and
going, then drove it about 30 miles to join the funeral procession of my
Dad's. Afterward my suster said the car never ran so well.

Oh yes, I had to pick up my daughter from Schiphol and did my sister the
favor of filling up the car.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

I once put gas in my 6.2 Diesel p/u, when the tank was nearly empty.
Took off from the station and it started running worse and worse. I
turned around and just barely made it home. Next day I disconnected the
fuel line, put a can of Diesel on the roof of the truck, started a
siphon and hooked the line up to the engine, and ran the regular line to
several cans. Finally got the engine to start and stay running,and let
it pump the gas out into the cans. Then I dumped the gas into the car
tank, went and filled the cans with Diesel and put that in the truck,
hooked the line back up and all was well-- never noticed it running any
different. Years later, I put some gas in the Diesel Suburban, but
caught it after maybe 3 or 4 gallons, and filled it up with Diesel. The
thing held about 40 gallons, so it was diluted. I didn't notice any real
difference in the way it ran then or later. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
OK...this may sound weird, but I had a dream last night...

A friend pulled up at my house with his pickup truck towing a tank of
home heating oil. He said he needed some gas for his pickup. I went
into the backyard and grabbed the gas can I use for my lawn mower and
brought it up front. Instead of pouring the gas into his truck, I
poured about a gallon into the oil tank.

It wasn't my fault, the cap on the oil tank was open.

2 questions:

1 - How bad would it be to have a gallon of gas mixed with, I don't
know, let's say 100 gallons of home heating oil?

2 - What does this dream mean?

1. Oooo! What a WONDERFUL trick to play on someone!

2. You're creative. Diabolical, but creative.

Posted to alt.home.repair

But did you eat a giant marshmallow?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

I have a dream where I go out and strangle small children.
Usually after
I've had this dream, the cops show up and take me away.
I've talked to many
doctors and don't know what this means, either.

"I don't really have a replacement career, it's a very
gnawing thing."

Bob Morein
(215) 646-4894

Posted to alt.home.repair

hibb wrote:

Yes. And "Jelling" is the word I was trying to remember.

You mean gelling, from "to gel", not a derivative of "Jello" (which is a
brand name).

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm glat there is a spell Czech person out their. It wood be
boring on the Usened if we all ignoard spelling airs.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
message ...
hibb wrote:

Yes. And "Jelling" is the word I was trying to remember.

You mean gelling, from "to gel", not a derivative of "Jello"
(which is a
brand name).

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Me, too! I don't know a lot about Scientologists, but what
litle I've heard is uninteresting to me.

If you were, you would hook him up to your electrical gizmo
to figure out his dreams.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's a shame, that you know so little about the Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Oh, hey, who was that
person you said we don't believe in? You mean the guy who
the church is named after? You may have some gaps in your
wisdom.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

LDS? You people don't believe in Jesus.

You're worshiping some cattle-thieving, woman-beating
wackjob that claims he
"found" golden plates.

A cult worse than $cientology.

Posted to alt.home.repair

How high a voltage? Can I use the gizmo on Robert Morein if
I turn it up good and loud?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Me, too! I don't know a lot about Scientologists, but what
litle I've heard is uninteresting to me.

If you were, you would hook him up to your electrical gizmo
to figure out his dreams.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 28, 4:46*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm glat there is a spell Czech person out their. It wood be
boring on the Usened if we all ignoard spelling airs.

Mormons are conservative, are they not? I mean, you don't drink
anything good or fun for crying out loud. That's pretty danged
conservative... Then again that whole multiple-wives thing some
Mormons do is pretty liberal...

Being conservative, I would expect you to have a similar attitude
about poor spelling and grammar. After all, everyone in America should
speak English, right? If they should speak it, they should speak it
correctly. If they speak it correctly they should also write it
correctly.

Spelling and grammar errors show a lack of personal responsibility.
Personal responsibility is one of the cornerstones of conservatism.

Oh, but I forgot. Conservatives are only conservative until it affects
them. If their kid ends up going through a windshield because they
weren't wearing a seatbelt, then "There Oughtta Be A Law Against That
(tm)." If they're called on to be responsible for themselves, they're
the first to cry "It's Someone Else's Fault(tm)."

Scream bloody murder when a black guy says "aks" instead of "ask," or
a Hispanic speaks spanish to his kid in public, but cry foul when
their poor spelling skills are mentioned. True American Conservatism.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mormons are conservative, are they not? I mean, you don't
drink
anything good or fun for crying out loud. That's pretty
danged
conservative...

CY: The church does't have any official political position.
I've met both conservatives and liberals at church. Most of
the LDS folks I know are constitutionalists. We liked the
USA a bit better, a few generations ago.

Then again that whole multiple-wives thing some
Mormons do is pretty liberal...

CY: Well, that was 100 years ago.

Being conservative, I would expect you to have a similar
attitude
about poor spelling and grammar. After all, everyone in
America should
speak English, right? If they should speak it, they should
speak it
correctly. If they speak it correctly they should also write
it
correctly.

CY: I don't know many Americans who speak English.
Certainly, if you bring over an English gentleman, you'd be
told that you and I are not speaking English.

Spelling and grammar errors show a lack of personal
responsibility.
Personal responsibility is one of the cornerstones of
conservatism.

CY: Never looked at it that way.

Oh, but I forgot. Conservatives are only conservative until
it affects
them. If their kid ends up going through a windshield
because they
weren't wearing a seatbelt, then "There Oughtta Be A Law
Against That
(tm)." If they're called on to be responsible for
themselves, they're
the first to cry "It's Someone Else's Fault(tm)."

CY: I can't agree with that.

Scream bloody murder when a black guy says "aks" instead of
"ask," or
a Hispanic speaks spanish to his kid in public, but cry foul
when
their poor spelling skills are mentioned. True American
Conservatism.

CY: I'm not sure who you are referencing.

$3.249 Gal. For #2 Home Heating Oil Jack Home Repair 59 December 7th 07 12:23 AM
DIY Home heating [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 9th 06 01:52 PM
Does not heating home damage home? Chris Home Repair 8 February 19th 06 11:14 AM
Heating a home long eddy Home Repair 7 December 12th 05 05:58 AM
Home Heating dianne gigler Home Repair 8 November 11th 05 10:59 PM