Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gasoline in Home Heating Oil - Bad?

Mormons are conservative, are they not? I mean, you don't
drink
anything good or fun for crying out loud. That's pretty
danged
conservative...

CY: The church does't have any official political position.
I've met both conservatives and liberals at church. Most of
the LDS folks I know are constitutionalists. We liked the
USA a bit better, a few generations ago.

Then again that whole multiple-wives thing some
Mormons do is pretty liberal...

CY: Well, that was 100 years ago.

Being conservative, I would expect you to have a similar
attitude
about poor spelling and grammar. After all, everyone in
America should
speak English, right? If they should speak it, they should
speak it
correctly. If they speak it correctly they should also write
it
correctly.

CY: I don't know many Americans who speak English.
Certainly, if you bring over an English gentleman, you'd be
told that you and I are not speaking English.

Spelling and grammar errors show a lack of personal
responsibility.
Personal responsibility is one of the cornerstones of
conservatism.

CY: Never looked at it that way.

Oh, but I forgot. Conservatives are only conservative until
it affects
them. If their kid ends up going through a windshield
because they
weren't wearing a seatbelt, then "There Oughtta Be A Law
Against That
(tm)." If they're called on to be responsible for
themselves, they're
the first to cry "It's Someone Else's Fault(tm)."

CY: I can't agree with that.

Scream bloody murder when a black guy says "aks" instead of
"ask," or
a Hispanic speaks spanish to his kid in public, but cry foul
when
their poor spelling skills are mentioned. True American
Conservatism.

CY: I'm not sure who you are referencing.