Posted to alt.home.repair
Lp1331 1p1331 Lp1331 1p1331 is offline

Default Gasoline in Home Heating Oil - Bad?

I once put gas in my 6.2 Diesel p/u, when the tank was nearly empty.
Took off from the station and it started running worse and worse. I
turned around and just barely made it home. Next day I disconnected the
fuel line, put a can of Diesel on the roof of the truck, started a
siphon and hooked the line up to the engine, and ran the regular line to
several cans. Finally got the engine to start and stay running,and let
it pump the gas out into the cans. Then I dumped the gas into the car
tank, went and filled the cans with Diesel and put that in the truck,
hooked the line back up and all was well-- never noticed it running any
different. Years later, I put some gas in the Diesel Suburban, but
caught it after maybe 3 or 4 gallons, and filled it up with Diesel. The
thing held about 40 gallons, so it was diluted. I didn't notice any real
difference in the way it ran then or later. Larry