Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Gasoline in Home Heating Oil - Bad?

On Jan 25, 10:45*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:44:57 -0800 (PST), hibb
wrote:

On Jan 25, 9:35*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
OK...this may sound weird, but I had a dream last night...

A friend pulled up at my house with his pickup truck towing a tank of
home heating oil. He said he needed some gas for his pickup. I went
into the backyard and grabbed the gas can I use for my lawn mower and
brought it up front. Instead of pouring the gas into his truck, I
poured about a gallon into the oil tank.

It wasn't my fault, the cap on the oil tank was open.

2 questions:

1 - How bad would it be to have a gallon of gas mixed with, I don't
know, let's say 100 gallons of home heating oil?

I don't know how bad that would be but It would still make me
uncomfortable.

Many years ago my father-in-law bought one of those Olds 98 diesel
cars they were making in the late 1970's. After he drove the hell out
of it and replaced the engine a couple of times, we bought it from him
and drove it a couple of years. During the winter when it was real
cold, we had a lot of trouble getting it to start and stay running
because the cold diesel fuel would be so thick. I remember we would
put something in the fuel to thin it out but I don't remember what. I
think it was kerosene tho not gasoline.

2 - What does this dream mean?

You have gas.

I knew a guy when I was up in the frozen north who put a squirt of
gasoline in his diesel car in the winter so it would start. It never
blew up.- Hide quoted text -

When I was *way* up in the frozen north - Port Clarence, AK - we
either left the diesels running or plugged in the block heater.