Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Gasoline in Home Heating Oil - Bad?

On Jan 25, 6:20*pm, Van Chocstraw
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
OK...this may sound weird, but I had a dream last night...

A friend pulled up at my house with his pickup truck towing a tank of
home heating oil. He said he needed some gas for his pickup. I went
into the backyard and grabbed the gas can I use for my lawn mower and
brought it up front. Instead of pouring the gas into his truck, I
poured about a gallon into the oil tank.

It wasn't my fault, the cap on the oil tank was open.

2 questions:

1 - How bad would it be to have a gallon of gas mixed with, I don't
know, let's say 100 gallons of home heating oil?

2 - What does this dream mean?

Seems like it would settle out at the bottom and blow up your motor or
float to the top and blow you up. I forget which is heavier.

I believe they will mix. As part of a fire saftey demo I saw this
while I was in the military. A guy threw a match in gasoline and it
went out. He troughs a match in diesel and it goes out. He throws a
match in a mixture of the two and it goes boom. The explanation is
that the air fuel mixture for gas is too rich to explode for diesel
too lean. Together they form the goldie locks mixture. just right to
go boom. We got this lesson because in the military we used multi=fuel
trucks. Although they will run off of gas or diesel you shouldnt mix
the two.

Jimmie