Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wheel torque specs

This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here also
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...heelTorque.jsp

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 4, 4:26*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic..

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:55:50 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Seen a broken lug from an impact wrench?

Snap them right off or ....

pic:

http://metallurgist.com/images/LugNu...utFailure2.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:55:50 -0800, ransley wrote:

On Nov 4, 4:26Â*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Over-tight usually, particulalrly on alloys. I started taking wheels in to
tire places when they weren't on the car* just so they couldn't f*ck them
up when putting them back on the vehicle.

* needs a second vehicle, obviously. Driving on the rotors doesn't work
too well

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

They should have a torque stick on the impact wrench. It is an adaptor that
is set to a specific torque.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

ransley wrote:
On Nov 4, 4:26 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Well, actually, yes, the boys at tire shops I deal at do routinely -- as
other say they either use the air adapter or manual...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting
them tight.

They should have a torque stick on the impact wrench. It is an
adaptor that is set to a specific torque.

"Should" being the operative word round here, (t'other side of the Pond).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here also
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...heelTorque.jsp

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

In that chart, what the heck is the deal with the 2004-06 Porsche
Carrera GT at 407 ft-lbs?

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw something like that one evening. Couple friends of
mine broke a couple studs like that. One of them, I was over
to thier house when they rang on the phone. Husband and I
went out, bought a couple studs and lugs, and went to go
bring em home. That was a lot of work.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

Seen a broken lug from an impact wrench?

Snap them right off or ....

pic:

http://metallurgist.com/images/LugNu...utFailure2.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Supposedly those torque limiters do a good job. I've not
tried one. I either torque wrench, or us a criss cross
wrench.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Johnl" wrote in message
I use a torque extension with my impact wrench.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've over torqued one of my wheels, on my last Blazer.
Learned my lesson, and didn't do that again.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jules" wrote
in message
news

Over-tight usually, particulalrly on alloys. I started
taking wheels in to
tire places when they weren't on the car* just so they
couldn't f*ck them
up when putting them back on the vehicle.

* needs a second vehicle, obviously. Driving on the rotors
doesn't work
too well

Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Nov 4, 4:26 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here
alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON
topic.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

I use an impact wrench and recheck with a tire wrench. I have a torque
wrench but it's not that critical. Mine never come off. Too loose they
come off, too tight and you break off the stud, it's not rocket science.

Hi,
Or you can warp the disc brake rotor hub. I use impact wrency since I
have compressor in the garage but I check with torque wrench.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jules wrote in
news
On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:55:50 -0800, ransley wrote:

On Nov 4, 4:26Â*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many
here
alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWhe
elTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON
topic.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Over-tight usually, particulalrly on alloys. I started taking wheels
in to tire places when they weren't on the car* just so they couldn't
f*ck them up when putting them back on the vehicle.

* needs a second vehicle, obviously. Driving on the rotors doesn't
work too well

You need to watch more Cops.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message
ransley wrote:
On Nov 4, 4:26 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here
alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON
topic.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Well, actually, yes, the boys at tire shops I deal at do routinely -- as
other say they either use the air adapter or manual...

--

The tire shop I use (Tire Warehouse) ALWAYS uses a torque wrench and makes
you sign a form stating you were told to check the lugnuts or bring it back

Posted to alt.home.repair

IGot2P wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here
also
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...heelTorque.jsp

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON
topic.

In that chart, what the heck is the deal with the 2004-06 Porsche
Carrera GT at 407 ft-lbs?

Don

A single bolt secures each wheel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 4, 2:55*pm, ransley wrote:
On Nov 4, 4:26*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? *The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque?

Actually. yes. But 4-Day Tire Store went out of business. The
typical shop just blasts them on with a pneumatic impact driver.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 4, 2:55*pm, ransley wrote:
On Nov 4, 4:26*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? *The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

My local one (Les Schwab - NW group)runs them down with air wrench
then does a final with a torque wrench. Doesn't matter - they torque
them so tight I can't budge 'em using cruciform lug wrench.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:59:47 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Van Chocstraw wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Nov 4, 4:26 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here
alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON
topic.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

I use an impact wrench and recheck with a tire wrench. I have a torque
wrench but it's not that critical. Mine never come off. Too loose they
come off, too tight and you break off the stud, it's not rocket science.

Hi,
Or you can warp the disc brake rotor hub. I use impact wrency since I
have compressor in the garage but I check with torque wrench.

You cannot check torque on a nut that is already tightened to it's
torque spec. You must use the torque wrench to tighten "up to" torque.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

On Nov 4, 4:26*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

I don't torque my lugnuts. I torque my house.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Harbor Freight sent me one of their endless catalogs, this one with a
device to, it claims, provide 30 times as much torque to remove
lugnuts. For 20 dollars. I'll admit, I needed it once, in 45
years, and ruined a tire when I couldnt get it off to put on the
spare. But I guess that is no reason to buy one now. But if I
changed tires for other people it might be worht it, if it works.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Nov 4, 4:26?pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

I don't torque my lugnuts. I torque my house.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Harbor Freight sent me one of their endless catalogs, this one with a
device to, it claims, provide 30 times as much torque to remove
lugnuts. For 20 dollars. I'll admit, I needed it once, in 45
years, and ruined a tire when I couldnt get it off to put on the
spare. But I guess that is no reason to buy one now. But if I
changed tires for other people it might be worht it, if it works.

How the **** do you ruin a tire while removing lugnuts?

If you want a better tool to remove lugnuts, get a 1/2" breaker bar
and a socket.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

[...]

I didn't do it then. I did it when I had to drive the gas station
with the flat tire still on.

If you want a better tool to remove lugnuts, get a 1/2" breaker bar
and a socket.

Is that really as good as this?:

I doubt it.

Assuming this is made well enough that it won't break soon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

If you want a better tool to remove lugnuts, get a 1/2" breaker bar
and a socket.

And a length of pipe over the handle and jump on it. That's how I loosened
the lug bolts on my Karmann Ghia.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 18:05:30 -0500, Van Chocstraw
wrote:

ransley wrote:
On Nov 4, 4:26 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

I use an impact wrench and recheck with a tire wrench. I have a torque
wrench but it's not that critical. Mine never come off. Too loose they
come off, too tight and you break off the stud, it's not rocket science.

I fear you are underestimating the problem. You may be able
to get accurate torque using your method, but many people can not.

Improper torque can damage the rotor or the wheel. It can
cause the loss of a wheel (usually only when someone leaves them
finger tight). It can cause an accident in some cases.

I recommend using a known good torque wrench to tighen the
lugs. It is not hard to do, so why not. I had some work done at a
national chain tyre center and was very supprised and pleased to watch
them use the air wrench to snug the lugs, but then use a real torque
wrench to tighten them. Usuall I end up redoing them as soon as I get
home.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Unless you are a toddler, you can easily generate 4-500 ft-lbs jumping on
a 18" breaker bar. That'll loosen any lugnut.

Assuming this is made well enough that it won't break soon.

That's the problem. I doubt it would work twice before
breaking. It a ratchet can't take that kind of torque,
why would you expect that toy's mechanism to be able to
take it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
mm wrote:

Assuming this is made well enough that it won't break soon.

It says "beefy." What more do you want?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 06:56:06 -0800, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
mm wrote:

Assuming this is made well enough that it won't break soon.

It says "beefy." What more do you want?

does that include beef byproducts?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Van Chocstraw wrote:
ransley wrote:
[...]

torque spec. You must use the torque wrench to tighten "up to" torque.- Hide quoted text -

"You cannot check torque on a nut that is already tightened to
it's torque spec."

Well, you can certainly *check* it. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

take it?- Hide quoted text -

"...you can easily generate 4-500 ft-lbs jumping on a 18" breaker
bar. That'll loosen any lugnut."

....or snap any lug.

Jerking a wrench on *any* nut is a great way to snap *any* bolt.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? *The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Seen a broken lug from an impact wrench?

Snap them right off or ....

pic:

http://metallurgist.com/images/LugNu...utFailure2.jpg

"Snap them right off or ...."

The only time I have snapped lugs is when trying to get the lugnut off
an overally tightened/rusted lug & nut combination.

My 97 Dodge Ram Van was the worse.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 06:56:06 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
mm wrote:

Assuming this is made well enough that it won't break soon.

It says "beefy." What more do you want?

Maybe a little ketchup?
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:52:46 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

If you want a better tool to remove lugnuts, get a 1/2" breaker bar
and a socket.

And a length of pipe over the handle and jump on it. That's how I loosened
the lug bolts on my Karmann Ghia.

I told here once the story of letting the car sit in the snow with one
hubcap missing, then having a flat in the spring at Newark airport and
breaking 4 of the 5 studs, one I think by hand but the others by
standing, not even jumping, on the lugwrench. Then driving to NYC with
only one lug bolt holding the left rear wheel on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

If you want a better tool to remove lugnuts, get a 1/2" breaker bar
and a socket.

And a length of pipe over the handle and jump on it. That's how I loosened
the lug bolts on my Karmann Ghia.

I told here once the story of letting the car sit in the snow with one
hubcap missing, then having a flat in the spring at Newark airport and
breaking 4 of the 5 studs, one I think by hand but the others by
standing, not even jumping, on the lugwrench. Then driving to NYC with
only one lug bolt holding the left rear wheel on.

Glad you can tell the story.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

If you want a better tool to remove lugnuts, get a 1/2" breaker bar
and a socket.

And a length of pipe over the handle and jump on it. That's how I loosened
the lug bolts on my Karmann Ghia.

I told here once the story of letting the car sit in the snow with one
hubcap missing, then having a flat in the spring at Newark airport and
breaking 4 of the 5 studs, one I think by hand but the others by
standing, not even jumping, on the lugwrench. Then driving to NYC with
only one lug bolt holding the left rear wheel on.

Glad you can tell the story.

Thank you.

I drove in the parking lot a bit before I left it. If it hadn't
worked well, I would have stayed there. When the final lugbolt
broke, just before lower Broadway in NYC, I barely noticed it. I was
either stopped or going a mile or two per hour. And the full-size car
only sagged a little bit, back at the left rear corner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

If you want a better tool to remove lugnuts, get a 1/2" breaker bar
and a socket.

And a length of pipe over the handle and jump on it. *That's how I loosened
the lug bolts on my Karmann Ghia.

I told here once the story of letting the car sit in the snow with one
hubcap missing, then having a flat in the spring at Newark airport and
breaking 4 of the 5 studs, one I think by hand but the others by
standing, not even jumping, on the lugwrench. Then driving to NYC with
only one lug bolt holding the left rear wheel on.

I once had 2 front wheels installed on a 1988 Subaru at a "second hand
wheel shop". Some people call places like this a Junk Yard.

The 2 wagon wheels looked just like the originals and the 5 bolt
pattern matched up perfectly so the "tech" slapped 'em on, grabbed his
air wrench and tightened them down.

I picked up the car and immediately hit the road for a 100 mile drive.
The car didn't handle as well as I was used to, but I wrote it off to
the snow packed roads and windy conditions. I didn't determine the
real problem until I was almost at my destination. Looking back on the
trip, I was lucky that the conditions were such that I was never
driving at anything close to highway speeds.

As I slowed to about 10 miles an hour, the car felt like it was
"wobbling" back and forth. I pulled over and discovered that both
front wheels were loose. It turned out that the center hub hole was
too small and the wheel was not pushed all the way onto the lugs. In
other words, there were bare threads between the hub and the back side
of the wheels, so even though the lugs were tightened against the
wheel, the wheels wasn't really tightened up against anything. They
were sort of "floating" on the hub.

The wheels had loosened up enough that the lug holes were a slightly
oblong, but I was able to tighten them up enough to drive slowly to my
destination and deal with the wheels the next day.

I had to get 2 new wheels and replace all of the lugs since the
threads were ruined also.

After a bit of a discussion, the "second hand wheel shop" reimbursed
me for all of my expenses.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

[...]

LOL

After a bit of a discussion, the "second hand wheel shop" reimbursed
me for all of my expenses.

That's pretty good. A fly-by-night place wouldn't have done that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wheel torque specs (LONG)

Subject: Sunday 8th broken car (LONG)
Date: Monday, October 08, 2007 10:42 PM

This afternoon, Sunday, was General Conference.
I went to the noon broadcast. At 2 PM the broadcast
let out, and I went out to the truck. Called my
parents, and see what they are doing. We decided
to go to dinner after the 6 pm broadcast, so we
would have plenty of time to sit and eat.

I felt a very gentle prompting to go to the Scott
and Judy's house. I drove over there, and knocked
on the door. No one answered, so I pulled out the
cell and called. Bethany called up to Scott, who
came down to open the door. We then went upstairs
where he was watching TV. He, and Seanie (4) were
watching the LDS television on the set, there was
a show on the church's expansion in Africa and India,
and also the humanitarian aid program.

Telephone rang again. Bethany called up the stairs,
the phone was for Scott. he asnswered, and finds out
that Judy's car had broken down, and that they (Judy
and Gwen) need mechanical help. He asked some questions,
aparently three of the lugs had come off, and he
suspects broken studs.

We got coats, and such. Decided to take my Blazer
to my place to pick up the needed tools.

We went first to an auto parts store, and bought
five studs, and five lugs. On the way, I was told
that he'd had a prompting that they should not go.
Told them, but they went anyway.

We got to my house, and loaded two jacks, and the
impact wrench and generator. And some other small
tools. A blanket for seanie, figuring he
would get cold later. Unload some stuff out of the
Blazer. Unload the vacuum cleaner, and the propane
infared heater.

I looked at the map, and found the best route.

We talked food, and I thought there was a McD
along there some where. We did see the golden
arches in the distance. We stopped for dinner at
McD in a town beore Interlaken. Scott and I had
quarter combos, and Seanie got a burger happy
meal. He ate less than half his burger. Scott
says sometimes Seanie gets ketchup only.

We got there. They said the front
end was shaking around. They stopped at a garage
to ask about it, and the guy would not let them
go on. They used cell phone to call Scott
at the house. Right on the north edge of
Interlaken. The gas station was closed. We jacked
up the front, and pulled the two remaining lugs.
Three studs had sheared off. We realized that we
needed an allen wrench to get the caliper apart,
and didn't have one with me. I had two in my red
tool box that was back home, in the van. Since
we had Seanie, I drove the Blazer, which has more
seats. The van would not have had a safety seat
for Seanie. Though, the van would have had the
needed tools.

Lesson is to bring the red auto repair tool box
when going to fix autos.

I looked through my tools which I had in the
Blazer. I had a few combination wrenches, wire
brush, and some other odd tools. No 3/8 allen
wrench. I did have an allen wrench set that folds
out like a pocket knife. Didn't think any of them
was the right size, so I didn't try them.

Fortuantely, I had seen the sign for an atuto
parts store in the town just north of us, less than
five miles away. I went and didn't find them. I
stopped at the ambulance base, there was a fellow
there mopping out the ambulance floor. He says the
parts store had moved. The store closed at 3, the
Napa Auto Parts closed at noon on Sunday.

Went back to the car, and we tried to get the bolts
out with vise grips. Got one out, but the other was
rusted in. I got the propane torch out of the Blazer.
That wasn't enough heat to loosen the threads.

Finally I had to go buy tools. Ithaca was closer
than Geneva. There was a detour, and it took a
long time to get there. I found a Lowe's, and
decided to stop in there. The store hours were
white paint, on clear glass. It was impossible to
read the store hours from more than about four
feet away. Closed.

Went then to the Walmart, and went to the tools
section. I threw a Mapp torch in my basket, and
then went to look for allen keys. I got two sets,
one was L shaped allen wernches, and the othe one
was tips for socket wrench. I also got a cheap
socket set, and two extra socket ratchet handles.
And a deep socket set in half inch drive. I
called Gwen on the cell, and asked if there was
anything else needed. She asked Scott, who said
no. I asked if the gals or Seanie needed a Pepsi
or anything. Gwen came back to the phone and said
"Just get us home." The tools came to about $105
with the tax.

The return trip, I took the truck detour, which
went way out. route 79 west, and then 120 north,
and finally got back to 96. passed the sign for a
small town, and wasn't sure if I'd gone too far.
I got out the map, and I was between Trumansburg,
and Interlaken. I couldn't rememer which town was
it. the sprit said to keep going north, and so I
did. And finally found them on the edge of
Interlaken.

Back to the broken car, the allen wench tip did
the job, the other bolt came out. The caliper came
off with minimal problems. The studs pounded out.
we pushed in the new studs as best possible, beat
them in with the hammer. I needed a pin punch. I'd
brought a cold chisel which did the job. Put the
wheel on, and Scott tightened them down with the
breaker bar, I sensed he over torqued, not knowing
that it's really easy to over torque with a two
foot breaker bar. Oh, well.

Judy had them all load into the station wagon, she
was driving. I ased if Scott might ride with me, as
it would be nice to have company. We were able
to discuss the car repair, and sure did help forge
our friendship.

We had decided to go a while, and then check lug
tightness, in case the studs han't bottomed out. We
stopped at a gas station, checked lug tightness. They
were all tight.

Judy walked over to me, and asked if I wanted to
go through Waterloo or Geneva. Since Geneva was
closer to home, I chose that. Figured it was less
distance. We took 96A into Geneva, which went right
past the road to the Seneca Lake camp turn off.
At that gas station, there was a McD, and we stopped
to wash our hands. They had a bit to eat, and Seanie
wanted a small chocoalte shake, which he started to
sip through a straw. I had food and drink in the
truck.

We got back into the cars, and headed back Scott
and I decided to retorque the lugs some other date,
the girls wanted to get home. We stopped at the
Coastal gas station near my home. Scott got went
into their family car. I headed home.

Christopher A. Young