Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Wheel torque specs

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:55:50 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

On Nov 4, 4:26*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

I don't torque my lugnuts. I torque my house.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Harbor Freight sent me one of their endless catalogs, this one with a
device to, it claims, provide 30 times as much torque to remove
lugnuts. For 20 dollars. I'll admit, I needed it once, in 45
years, and ruined a tire when I couldnt get it off to put on the
spare. But I guess that is no reason to buy one now. But if I
changed tires for other people it might be worht it, if it works.