Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Wheel torque specs

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:55:50 -0800, ransley wrote:

On Nov 4, 4:26Â*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic.

Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.

Over-tight usually, particulalrly on alloys. I started taking wheels in to
tire places when they weren't on the car* just so they couldn't f*ck them
up when putting them back on the vehicle.

* needs a second vehicle, obviously. Driving on the rotors doesn't work
too well