Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Wheel torque specs

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 17:04:16 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:52:46 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

If you want a better tool to remove lugnuts, get a 1/2" breaker bar
and a socket.

And a length of pipe over the handle and jump on it. That's how I loosened
the lug bolts on my Karmann Ghia.

I told here once the story of letting the car sit in the snow with one
hubcap missing, then having a flat in the spring at Newark airport and
breaking 4 of the 5 studs, one I think by hand but the others by
standing, not even jumping, on the lugwrench. Then driving to NYC with
only one lug bolt holding the left rear wheel on.

Glad you can tell the story.