Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Wheel torque specs

wrote:
On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 21:18:41 -0500, "benick"
wrote:

"dpb" wrote in message
ransley wrote:
On Nov 4, 4:26 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here
alsohttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTo...

If your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON
topic.
Have you ever seen anyone work on your car check lug nut torque? The
only thing I have ever seen is an air impact wrench blasting them
tight.
Well, actually, yes, the boys at tire shops I deal at do routinely -- as
other say they either use the air adapter or manual...

--

The tire shop I use (Tire Warehouse) ALWAYS uses a torque wrench and makes
you sign a form stating you were told to check the lugnuts or bring it back

Sam's Club torques the lugs here too as does the local tire store.
That may just be because I have alloy wheels on my car and truck. The
old steel wheels were very forgiving..

As were drum brakes. I think the prime driving force that forced ( so
to speak ) them into being somewhat more careful was the complaints
received of brake pedal jitter/bounce caused by over-torque.

imo, $0.02, etc., etc., etc., ...