Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Default Hot Water Furnace Additive?

After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Oct 24, 11:17*am, bobted wrote:
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

Why did you drain it, you just filled it with the most corrosive
element, water with Oxygen in it. So now run it hot.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"bobted" wrote in message
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

There is antifreeze made for boilers, which is typically pumped into the
system

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"The King" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:34:50 -0400, "RBM" wrote:

"bobted" wrote in message
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

There is antifreeze made for boilers, which is typically pumped into the
system

Yeah its called glycol and it comes in two flavors and colored to
suit. Glycol is not a water treatment and is typically not used in a
residential setting. Try again.

Don't know where you are, but in here in NY Cryotek is quite frequently used
in residential boilers.

Is there some reason why you folks at hvac can't answer a question without
sounding like smarmy assholes?

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in message

"The King" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:34:50 -0400, "RBM" wrote:

There is antifreeze made for boilers, which is typically pumped into the
system

Yeah its called glycol and it comes in two flavors and colored to
suit. Glycol is not a water treatment and is typically not used in a
residential setting. Try again.

Don't know where you are, but in here in NY Cryotek is quite frequently
used in residential boilers.

Is there some reason why you folks at hvac can't answer a question without
sounding like smarmy assholes?

Define "Answer".

YOU have "answered" a water treatment question with
a Glycol answer. Now you have him misdirected, with a new set of
20 questions, just to later find out it was all an exercise in futility.

You may as well have told him to purge his automobile tire and replace
it
with fresh air.

Seriously.

-zero

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"bobted" wrote in message
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...ups.google.com

-zero

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Existential Angst wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:17:52 -0700 (PDT), bobted
wrote:

After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

Yes.

Add HOT water. Otherwise, it will be full of COLD water.

You're welcome.

Pull your dick out of your mouth, or at least stop pounding your epiglottis
with it.
Two things might happen:
1. You might stop damaging your already damaged brain.
2. You might actually be funny one of these days.

The first sign of latent homosexuality is the lack of a sense of humor.
By this yardstick you are obviously a real flaming liberal one.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

RBM wrote:
"bobted" wrote in message
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

There is antifreeze made for boilers, which is typically pumped into the
system

Fer Petes sake. Once the water is added back in to the system it is
purged of corrosive content by the heat. You don't need any additive
whatsoever, unless you are going to leave it inoperative for a long
spell or it is going to be in freezing conditions. It is wise to bleed
the system after a few days, unless you have automatic bleeders. Most
do. Don't let one of them that Union guys near it. They have been known
to urinate into the feedwater. They think it cleans up their drug test. ;-p

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"bobted" wrote in message
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!
There is antifreeze made for boilers, which is typically pumped into the
system

Yeah its called glycol and it comes in two flavors and colored to
suit. Glycol is not a water treatment and is typically not used in a
residential setting. Try again.

Don't know where you are, but in here in NY Cryotek is quite frequently used
in residential boilers.

Is there some reason why you folks at hvac can't answer a question without
sounding like smarmy assholes?

Hey! Watch that crap. That was a Union hack.. Not a regular hack!

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

The King wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 21:45:35 -0400, "zero"
wrote:

"RBM" wrote in message
"The King" wrote in message
[...]

The 'glycol' answer is wrong headed, incomplete and plain ignorant.
Maybe he's a mormon?

More likely a liberal Scientologist. Maybe even a Muslim Jihadist. ;-p

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"RBM" wrote in message

"The King" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:34:50 -0400, "RBM" wrote:

Is there some reason why you folks at hvac can't answer a question
without
sounding like smarmy assholes?

Define "Answer".

YOU have "answered" a water treatment question with
a Glycol answer. Now you have him misdirected, with a new set of
20 questions, just to later find out it was all an exercise in futility.

You may as well have told him to purge his automobile tire and replace
it
with fresh air.

Seriously.

-zero

The 'glycol' answer is wrong headed, incomplete and plain ignorant.
Maybe he's a mormon?

Yea,,, he definitely shows some Mormon tendencies.

-zero

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Would some Prestone help reduce corrosion? Might....

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Grumpy" wrote in message
news "Not necessary" but you can if you wish add antifreeze

"bobted" wrote in message
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there
any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I
refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

.

"bobted" wrote in message
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there
any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I
refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

Prestone? In a boiler? I don't think so! Ethylene/Polyethylene glycol is
toxic. Why would you ever put that any where near your domestic? Use a
product like Harvey Heat or similar which carries all the anti-corrosive
additives as well as uses Propylene which is non-toxic.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Would some Prestone help reduce corrosion? Might....

Just plain tap water after a couple of days of heating loses it mineral
and corrosive content. It actually turns kind of dark or black in iron
or copper pipping. Those pipes will remain corrosion free. If you ever
expect it to freeze, then you need to add a special long term
antifreeze. Hot water heat systems seldom need freeze protection. But a
bit of antifreeze will insure that remote possibility.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"bobted" wrote in message
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there
any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I
refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

Prestone? In a boiler? I don't think so! Ethylene/Polyethylene glycol
is toxic. Why would you ever put that any where near your domestic? Use
a product like Harvey Heat or similar which carries all the
anti-corrosive additives as well as uses Propylene which is non-toxic.

This is absolutely correct. Most system have an automatic water
replenishment valve to compensate for any water losses. This
replenishment system is hooked directly to the potable supply water
for human consumption. Toxic chemicals in the heating loop could seep
back into that potable system and kill or cause permanent brain damage
to mammals and humans.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"bobted" wrote in message
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there
any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I
refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

smells nice too. SWEET!

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"bobted" wrote in message
[...]

now you let out stormy's secret

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Supposedly, the water feed goes through a check valve, and a
pressure reducer. No chance of backfeeding into the
domestic. And if it does? Such a small ammount.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Brian V" wrote in message

Prestone? In a boiler? I don't think so!
Ethylene/Polyethylene glycol is
toxic. Why would you ever put that any where near your
domestic? Use a
product like Harvey Heat or similar which carries all the
anti-corrosive
additives as well as uses Propylene which is non-toxic.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

How much, and over how long a time? I doubt it's that much
of an issue.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Don Ocean" wrote in message

This is absolutely correct. Most system have an automatic
water
replenishment valve to compensate for any water losses. This
replenishment system is hooked directly to the potable
supply water
for human consumption. Toxic chemicals in the heating loop
could seep
back into that potable system and kill or cause permanent
brain damage
to mammals and humans.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

bobted wrote:
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there any sort of
water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I refill it?
And if so, how?

Thanks!

Google up boiler additives. There is a lot of stuff out there.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

The mormon cocksucker couldn't get any
dumber if he had a lobotomy.

Maybe if he was a democrat........

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Real ****er wrote:

"Don Ocean" wrote in message
Brian V wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message ...

"bobted" wrote in message

[...]

Which one?

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
How much, and over how long a time? I doubt it's that much
of an issue.

One teaspoon of Permanent automobile antifreeze spilled into Hog
food..Eaten by the hog that went down and was butchered and by an Iowa
family, brain damaged both adults and 3 preteen children. You can find
details of the toxicity of this stuff at the Agricultural college at
Ames Iowa. They have an excellent Web page and will answer any and all
queries pertaining to their expertise. Also many pets that drink out of
the toilet that has been winterized with Antifreeze die a terrible
death. Motor home domestic water system that are winterized have warning
signs prominently displayed to insure nontoxic antifreeze is used.
Antifreeze from car accidents require special clean up as it will seep
into the sewer system and many cities recycle sewer water. It is a
serious issue. Drink enough of it and you will not have to be embalmed.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Supposedly, the water feed goes through a check valve, and a
pressure reducer. No chance of backfeeding into the
domestic. And if it does? Such a small ammount.

*Not Acceptable*

All water meters have a back flow check vale to keep each users back
flow from entering the public system. But it is not full proof. The
Health Department takes daily random samples for th good of the
community. The back flow check systems on Hydronic Heating systems are
not of the quality and are seldom maintained until full failure. Inside
of that closed loop from the water meter is the drinking water of your
family.
I like my family, but you do as you will. I will never knowingly damage
another human being with my work.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

The King wrote:
On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:07:16 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Supposedly, the water feed goes through a check valve, and a
pressure reducer. No chance of backfeeding into the
domestic. And if it does? Such a small ammount.

Back flow preventers can fail dip****. In a commercial atmosphere HWH
systems with glycol have a tank filled with glycol, a pump on the
tank is controlled by a pressure switch. The stop valve on the water
feed line is left closed. The mormon cocksucker couldn't get any
dumber if he had a lobotomy.

What worries me is that he is replying to alt.home.repair. Some foolish
person may take him seriously on this issue. We are the same as the
medical profession. *Do No Damage* Can you imagine an apartment complex
with antifreeze back leaking into the drinking water system. It would
weeks or months before it was caught and all damage to humans
irreversible. That is why we have Boiler licenses and a required
inspection of commercial and multifamily boiler systems. I shudder to
think of the damage to single families that are not inspected and have
hacks freezeproofing them.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

In article , Don Ocean wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
How much, and over how long a time? I doubt it's that much
of an issue.

One teaspoon of Permanent automobile antifreeze spilled into Hog
food..Eaten by the hog that went down and was butchered and by an Iowa
family, brain damaged both adults and 3 preteen children.

One teaspoon.

Yeah, riiiiiiight.

[...]
Antifreeze from car accidents require special clean up as it will seep
into the sewer system and many cities recycle sewer water.

Name one. Just one.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Don Ocean" wrote in message
Real ****er wrote:

"bobted" wrote in message
[...]

his damaged brain, of course

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Real ****er wrote:

"Don Ocean" wrote in message
Real ****er wrote:

"Don Ocean" wrote in message
Brian V wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message ...

"bobted" wrote in message

[...]

Wellll... After all he is a Mormon and banned from chugging Jack Daniels
and Prestone is a lot cheaper. ;-p

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Don Ocean wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
How much, and over how long a time? I doubt it's that much
of an issue.

One teaspoon of Permanent automobile antifreeze spilled into Hog
food..Eaten by the hog that went down and was butchered and by an Iowa
family, brain damaged both adults and 3 preteen children.

One teaspoon.

Yeah, riiiiiiight.

Go ahead and take a shot of Antifreeze. Please post results here.
I gave you the University of Iowa in Ames Iowa as a reference.

[...]
Antifreeze from car accidents require special clean up as it will seep
into the sewer system and many cities recycle sewer water.

Name one. Just one.

Have an accident spilling antifreeze. The fire department puts powder
stuff on it and sweeps and vacuums it up...Then they bill you or your
insurance company.

As for cities that recycle sewer water..They all do now. Its some kind
of federal mandate.

Do us all a favor keep your moronic postings to alt.home.repair.
Bad advice can kill idiots like you, your kids and your wife.
Hmmmm... Maybe there is an up side to you chugging antifreeze.

Degloss additive? Al Reid Woodworking 16 October 13th 20 01:37 PM
Insulating Paint Additive Ryan_Hudson UK diy 29 November 28th 08 07:58 PM
Petrol additive for an old engine robgraham UK diy 18 March 18th 07 08:21 PM
Payne Furnace Leaks water??? Alot of water... scale Home Repair 4 May 15th 06 10:07 PM
Stabil Fuel Additive Jack Home Repair 11 November 27th 05 08:05 PM