Posted to alt.home.repair
scale

Default Payne Furnace Leaks water??? Alot of water...

what the hell.....

I was down on the basement last wednesday.......and there was water in
the basement a bit. It was alot.....half the floor and carpet was
pretty wet. I couldnt figure it out. It wasnt the utility sink and not
the washer. Non of the incomming or drain pipes were wet that i could
tell.

Everything dried really well with some fans. Today i go down there and
the damn floor is all wet again.

I cant figure it out. I have a drain tube from my panye furnace that
leads over to the floor drain and i know it is all cracked to hell from
traffic. i pulled the rug up and found that there is a bit of water in
it but i find it hard to believe that this much water came down the
tube and leaked. I havent ran the furance for about 2 months since it
is warm out now. I do believe that i did turn it on wednesday and again
today because it was cold in the house.

What is this drain pipe and where is the water comming from? IS there
this much condensation in the unit? I cant figure it out.

It has been rainny so at first i thought the drain in the basement
barfed up some water the first time. I have been home all day and didnt
notice anything until i went down to throw a load in the dryer that i
had washed earlier in the morning. I natually thought it was the damn
washer was leaking but i dont think so since it isnt at all wet over
there.

it almost has to be this drain for the furnance.

What is that drain for? How does it collect that much water if it is
that? IM going to try and replace the hose now.

Would not starting my furance but once every couple of days cause this
much water to be barfed out of the drain hole? IM not even 100% that
this is the problem but it sure seems like it after doing some hunting.
I cant see how it could be anything else. I have checked the water
heater, washer, all drains and incomming water......

ANy ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD

"scale" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Is your furnace a high efficiency one? If so, it's making water. Do you
have a condensate pump? That's what is pumping the water to the drain.
Replace hose and make sure that it has a clear run to the drain
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair
scale

not sure if it is a high eff one or not. It isnt hooked to my main
water comming into the house at all.

I dont think this much water could be comming out of this unit. It
doesnt make any sense.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young

"scale" wrote in message
ups.com...
not sure if it is a high eff one or not. It isnt hooked to my main
water comming into the house at all.

I dont think this much water could be comming out of this unit. It
doesnt make any sense.

If installed properly, the condensate drain will also handle any
condensation or rain water in the furnace vent. Just install a new hose and
see if that solves the problem. Check if the furnace vent pipes terminate in
a horizontal or downward direction.
Don Young

Posted to alt.home.repair
ET1742

I'm not sure if this will help, but..... A friend of mine had mystery water
in the basement and we couldn't figure out where it came from. We then
tried looking overhead in case there was a pipe with a tiny pinhole leak.
Then we noticed the lines that run from the AC unit inside to the outside
unit. The lines are covered with foam-like insulation. It turned out that
where the lines went through the house to the outside, there was some
missing caulking. Water was coming in from the outside through the caulking
leak, running inside the foam-like insulation, and then dripping onto the
floor. He caulked where the lines came in from the outside and the water
was gone.