Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Don Ocean[_2_] Don Ocean[_2_] is offline

Default Hot Water Furnace Additive?

The King wrote:
On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:07:16 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Supposedly, the water feed goes through a check valve, and a
pressure reducer. No chance of backfeeding into the
domestic. And if it does? Such a small ammount.

Back flow preventers can fail dip****. In a commercial atmosphere HWH
systems with glycol have a tank filled with glycol, a pump on the
tank is controlled by a pressure switch. The stop valve on the water
feed line is left closed. The mormon cocksucker couldn't get any
dumber if he had a lobotomy.

What worries me is that he is replying to alt.home.repair. Some foolish
person may take him seriously on this issue. We are the same as the
medical profession. *Do No Damage* Can you imagine an apartment complex
with antifreeze back leaking into the drinking water system. It would
weeks or months before it was caught and all damage to humans
irreversible. That is why we have Boiler licenses and a required
inspection of commercial and multifamily boiler systems. I shudder to
think of the damage to single families that are not inspected and have
hacks freezeproofing them.